- 1 CAT 2021 Notification PDF
CAT 2021 Notification PDF
Note: The notification update for CAT 2021 is available on the IIM official website. Candidates can find the important details like eligibility criteria, exam fees, and important dates of the CAT 2021 exam here.
The CAT 2021 exam will be of 2 hours with 40 minutes per section.
CAT 2021 Important Dates
|Notification Release||July 31st, 2021|
|CAT 2021 Registration Start Date||August 4, 2021|
|CAT 2021 Registration End Date||September 15, 2021 (5 pm)|
|Admit Card Release Date||October 27, 2021|
|Exam Date||November 28, 2021|
|Results Date||Jan 2nd Week, 2022 (Tentative)|
CAT Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria is unchanged from CAT 2018. And is expected to be same this year as well. Students who have a recognized bachelor degree (or professional degree like CA, CS or ICWA) and have scored an aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST and PWD students) are eligible to write CAT 2021.
Even students in their final year of bachelor degrees are eligible to write CAT 2021. They might be required to get a provisional degree from their institutes at the time of admission in May 2021.
Age Criteria: No age restriction for taking the CAT Exam
Reservations in CAT 2021
As per legal requirements, the following percentage of seats are reserved for the respective categories in IIMs.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates
- 27% of the seats are reserved for NC-OBC
- Up to 10% of the seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates.
EWS is applicable for candidates whose family total income is less than 8.0 lakh per annum.
Ensure that you have the caste/EWS certificate handy as it might be needed at the time of registration.
- Payment mode: applicants can pay the registration fee through Online mode.
- The online payment modes are debit cards (Visa/Master/Rupay), credit cards (Visa/Master/Amex/Diners Club), & net banking.
- The Candidate fee details are given below
Fees for all the categories: Rs. 2200 + transaction processing fees
SC, ST and PwD: Rs. 1100 + transaction processing fees
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for CAT 2021 is same as the CAT 2020.
The duration of the test is 2 Hours. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
Each of the sections are given 40 minutes and the students are not allowed to switch the sections. There will be questions without options (TITA) and the on-screen calculator will be provided.
|Section||No. of questions||Time|
CAT 2021 Syllabus PDF:
There is no defined syllabus for CAT exam, but based on the previous year paper trends, we can make the list of the important topics for CAT 2021.
CAT Registration/Online Application 2021
- The registration for the CAT 2021 exam will be opened from 4th August 2021 through the online mode.
- Last date for the CAT exam regeneration 15th September 2020.
- Your uploaded images (Photo Dimension: 30mm X 45mm) and (Signature Dimension: 35mmX80mm) in a JPG/JPEG format.
- At the time of Exam registration, candidates are required to upload their category certificate (If belong to NC- SC/OBC/PWD/ST category).
- At the time of registration, the candidate chooses six test cities as per their option.
- Take a CAT application print copy for feature use.
You can apply for CAT 2021 here (From 4th, August)
CAT Preparation Strategy
A good way to prepare for CAT 2021 is to ensure that you go through the previous papers for CAT thoroughly. Cracku is offering three free mock tests for CAT 2021 in the latest pattern. Ensure that you utilize the free resources available well.
You can also subscribe to the Crash Course to crack CAT 2021. It is an excellent course (taught by IIM Alumni) and will cover from the basics to the advanced.