CAT 2019 Notification PDF
The notification for CAT 2019 is out and you can find the important details like eligibility criteria, exam pattern and important dates of the CAT 2019 exam in this post.
CAT 2019 Important Dates
|Notification Release||July 28th 2019|
|CAT 2019 Registration Start Date||August 7, 2019|
|CAT 2019 Registration End Date||September 18, 2019|
|Admit Card Release Date||October 23, 2019|
|Exam Date||November 24, 2019|
|Results Date||Jan 10, 2020 (Tentative)|
The eligibility criteria is unchanged from CAT 2018. Students who have a recognized bachelor degree (or professional degree like CA, CS or ICWA) and have scored an aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST and PWD students) are eligible to write CAT 2019.
Even students in their final year of bachelor degrees are eligible to write CAT 2019. They might be required to get a provisional degree from their institutes at the time of admission in May 2020.
Age Criteria: No age restriction for Taking the CAT Exam
Reservations in CAT 2019
As per legal requirements, the following percentage of seats are reserved for the respective categories.
- 15% of the seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste (SC)
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates
- 27% of the seats are reserved for NC-OBC
- Up to 10% of the seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) candidates.
EWS is applicable for candidates whose family total income is less than 8.0 lakh per annum.
Ensure that you have the caste/EWS certificate handy as it might be needed at the time of registration.
- Payment mode: applicants can pay the registration fee through Online mode.
- The online payment modes are debit cards (Visa/Master/Rupay), credit cards (Visa/Master/Amex/Diners Club), & net banking.
- The Candidate fee details are given below
Fees for all the categories: 1900 + transaction procession fee
SC, ST and PwD: 950 + transaction procession fee
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for CAT 2019 is unchanged from CAT 2018.
The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. There will be three sections:
- Section I: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
- Section II: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Section III: Quantitative Ability
Each of the sections are given 60 minutes and the students are not allowed to switch the sections. There will be questions without options (TITA) and the on-screen calculator will be provided.
CAT 2019 Syllabus PDF:
There is no defined syllabus for CAT exam, but based on the previous year paper trends, we can make the list of the important topics for CAT 2019.
CAT Registration/Online Application 2019
- The registration for the CAT 2019 exam will be opened from 7th August 2019 through the online mode.
- Last date for the CAT exam regeneration 18th September 2019.
- Your uploaded images (Photo Dimension: 30mm X 45mm) and (Signature Dimension: 35mmX80mm) in a JPG/JPEG format.
- At the time of Exam registration, candidate upload their category certificate (If belong to NC- SC/OBC/PWD/ST category).
- At the time of registration, the candidate chooses four test cities as per their option.
- Take a CAT application print copy for feature use.
You can apply for CAT 2019 here (From 7th, August)
- Applicants can make a correction from last week of September 2019 through online mode.
- Corrections and other details will be declared soon.
- Last year, the correction will be permitted only in some personal details such as category, address, gender, educational information, work experience, exam city preferences, interview city preference, etc.
- If Applicants have made mistake in personal details, uploaded documents, communication address, other personal details, then they have to register again with a new email ID.
- Applicants will do the changes through User ID & password.
CAT Preparation Strategy
A good way to prepare for CAT 2019 is to ensure that you go through the previous papers for CAT thoroughly. Cracku is offering three free mock tests for CAT 2019 in the latest pattern. Ensure that you utilize the free resources available well.
You can also subscribe to the 100 day course to crack CAT 2019. It is an excellent course (taught by IIM Alumni) and is great value for money.