Five sentences related to a topic are given below. Four of them can be put together to form a meaningful and coherent short paragraph. Identify the odd one out.
1. Those geometric symbols and aerodynamic swooshes are more than just skin deep.
2. The Commonwealth Bank logo — a yellow diamond, with a black chunk sliced out in one corner — is so recognisable that the bank doesn't even use its full name in its advertising.
3. It's not just logos with hidden shapes; sometimes brands will have meanings or stories within them that are deliberately vague or lost in time, urging you to delve deeper to solve the riddle.
4. Graphic designers embed cryptic references because it adds a story to the brand; they want people to spend more time with a brand and have that idea that they are an insider if they can understand the hidden message.
5. But the CommBank logo has more to it than meets the eye, as squirrelled away in that diamond is the Southern Cross constellation.
Correct Answer: 1
After reading all the sentences, we know that the paragraph is talking about the logos and brands and the purpose behind them. Statement 2 is the opening sentence which tells us about the Commonwealth Bank's logo. Statement 5 provides more information about the logo, mentioned in statement 2, that there is more to what is visible to eyes about the Bank's logo. Statement 3 gives another insight that it's not only logos, but brand names are also created with hidden meanings. Statement 4 provides the reasoning behind passing subtle messages through brands and logos. Thus, 2534 forms a meaningful paragraph.
Statement 1 describes something as geometric symbols and aerodynamic swooshes which does not connect well with the other four sentences. Thus, statement 1 does not fit in the paragraph.
Hence, option 1 is the correct answer.
Create a FREE account and get:
CAT Averages, Ratios & Proportions
CAT Logarithms, Surds & Indices
CAT Functions, Graphs & Statistics
CAT DI Data Change Over Period
CAT Tables With Missing Values
CAT LR Selections With Conditions