SPJIMR Mumbai PGDM 2021 Placement and Batch Profile
SP Jain Institute of Management Research (SPJIMR) Mumbai, is a top private college located in Mumbai. Applicants are required to choose their preferred stream of specialization in the application form itself. Also, the interviews for different specializations happen separately. After shortlisting, the institute conducts two rounds of group interviews based on which it selects the candidates. In this article, we will look at SPJIMR placements and batch profile of the 2021 PGDM Program batch – as per the latest information available on the official website.
- Established on 1981
- Andheri, Mumbai
- Inaugurated by Margaret Thatcher
- Named after ”Sahu Shreyans Prasad Jain”
SPJIMR Selection Criteria
The first step towards getting admission into the SP Jain is taking the Common Admission Test (CAT) exam. Every year over two lakh candidates appear for the CAT exam. Apart from CAT, SP Jain also accepts the GMAT scores.
Try checking out previous year papers of CAT to know about the level of questions that appear in the exam. Also, taking a free CAT online mock test will help the candidates in gauging their strengths and weaknesses.
Various factors are considered for selection of applicants such as–
- Overall profile
- Academic background
- Work experience (not mandatory)
- Entrance scores
- Versatility and achievements
The profiles of the candidates are scored, and the applicants are sorted into these two groups:
- Profile cum Score based.
The applicants who are shortlisted on the basis of their profiles are expected to meet the minimum qualifying scores in at least one of the entrance exams. The cut off for profile-based calls is 85 percentile overall. The sectionals scores should be greater than the 75 percentile. SP Jain offers an excellent opportunity for candidates who have scored between 85 and 98 percentile to study at a great B-school. The application fee is usually around Rs. 1500. The final selection at the SP Jain is based on the candidate’s CAT/GMAT score, profile, and interview process.
Work Experience: Work experience is not mandatory to apply for the PGDM Program.
Applicants shortlisted in the first group (profile-based) are called for an early interview. The shortlist is based on their profile considering the following factors:
- Consistency of academic record
- Relevance of work experience for the specialisation
- Versatility and achievements
Also, once shortlisted based on the profile, candidates must meet the entrance exams cutoffs. The cutoff for the profile-based shortlists is less and stands around 75+ Percentile in each individual sections, and 85+ Percentile Overall in CAT / GMAT.
Second Phase Shortlists
This phase is held after the availability of entrance test scores. Applicants in this phase are called for interviews on basis of their profile as given above, along with their performance in the entrance test.
Final Selection List
The selection list is based on a composite score, which takes into account the applicant’s profile, academic record, entrance test scores (CAT/GMAT), relevance of work experience (if any) and performance in the two rounds of group interviews.
Parameters for final selection:
1. CAT / GMAT score
2. Candidate’s profile
3. Interview process
WHAT KIND OF PROFILES?
- Exceptional marks in CA Final,
- Students with Exceptional track record i.e. 90+ in Xth, XII th & Graduation
- Top Performers in National Accounting Talent Search, Olympiads, JEE/AIEEE, All India Essay Writing events etc.
- State and National Level Scholarship holders
- National level Competition Winners
The current intake of the PGDM Programme is 240. An additional 36 seats have been sanctioned for PIO/OCI and Foreign Nationals. The maximum total intake of the Programme is up to 276 seats. NRI applications will be considered at par with the Indian applications.
(Note: The above info is based on the latest information provided on the official website of the institute. For any further queries, candidates can refer to the official website of the institute.)
Checkout: CAT Free Practice Questions and Videos
Let us now look at the Placements and batch profile at SPJIMR, Mumbai.
SPJIMR Placements and Batch Profile
The 2-year full-time PGDM Program consists of students from diverse backgrounds.
- Good academic & Gender Diversity
- Participants in the latest batch: 233
SPJIMR Placements: 2021 Batch
- Companies participating: 131
- The companies recruiting are from various sectors such as Consulting / IT Consulting, FMCG, BFSI, E-Commerce, General management and leadership roles.
- Full-time recruiters: 75
- Total number of PPO: 79
- The median salary for the batch stood at Rs. 25 lakhs per annum
- The average salary for the batch stands at Rs. 26.06 lakhs
- The highest salary for the batch stood at Rs. 46.65 lakhs
|Year||Average||Median||No. of Participating Companies|
*All numbers in lpa (lakhs per annum)