IIM Calcutta - IIMC
- First of its name, Ring of the CAT slayers and the cursed men, Lord of the seven lakes, and Protector of the dream
- First IIM to be established in India has the highest average CAT percentile among all IIMs, land of seven beautiful lakes
- Gives a chance to those who do not have stellar acads and lets them live their IIM dream.
- First IIM to be established.
- Established in November 1961, Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, With the support of Govt of India, Govt of West Bengal, MIT Sloan School of Management, the FORD Foundation and Industry members.
2. Historical Signification, Vision
- Based on the recommendation of the Planning Commission
- Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
- Vision: To be an international centre of excellence in all aspects of management education.
3. Campus, Ambience
- 135 acres in Joka, Kolkata
- The campus of seven lakes
- Administrative Building & Teaching block
- Finance Lab
- Bloomberg terminal
- Accreditated by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS.
- IIM C has 4 hostels. Accreditated by AMBA, AACSB, and EQUIS.
- Ranked 3 in NIRF 2018 Rankings of MHRD, Govt of India among top 100 B-schools
- Ranked 2nd in MBAUniverse.com Rankings 2018
- IIM Calcutta has many partner institutes across the world
- IIM Calcutta is the pioneer in starting the international student exchange programme in 1999
- Only Indian B school to offer CEMs MiM program. Students who go for exchange under the MiM program will get a MiM degree from another B-school as well.
5. Faculty, Research
- Faculty for different areas
- Involved in Research & Publications
- Well experienced Scholars in diverse fields like Business Ethics and Communication Group, Economics, Finance and Control, Human Resource Management, Management
- Information Systems, Marketing, Operations Management, Organizational Behavior, Public Policy and Management, Strategic Management
|Year||Average Package (In LPA)||Median Package (In LPA)||Highest Package (In LPA)|
Legendary Finance Department, State-of-the-art Financial Research and Trading Lab, coupled with the best talent attracting the best firms make IIM Calcutta unchallenged as the Finance Campus of India.
7. Notable, Alumni
- Indra Nooyi – Former President & CEO PepsiCo
- Ajit Balakrishnan – Chairman & CEO Rediff.com
- Ramachandra Guha – Indian Cricket Columnist
- Gopal Vittal – CEO Bharati Airtel
- Amish Tripathi – Indian author
- Sunil Duggal – CEO of Dabur
- Malli Mastan Babu – Famous Mountainer
8. What Makes IIM C Special?
- Gives you a Second chance
- Alumni LegacySelection criteria: Grad scores are not a part of shortlisting criteria. Therefore, for candidates with more than 80% in X and XII but low graduation scores, IIM C is the best bet among the top IIMs.