Read the situation below and answer the 3 associated questions:
Rakesh, who hailed from Dhanbad, worked in Jamshedpur with SPCIL, a government construction company. Although HR policies concerning job security & work-life balance attracted Rakesh to SPCIL, over time he found his work monotonous with no growth opportunities. However, the proximity to Dhanbad enabled him to visit his parents at his convenience.
Recently Rakesh applied to Grow and Prosper (G&P), a multinational company engaged in construction related operations, making inroads into many Indian states. G&P interviewed Rakesh and offered him three times his current salary at SPCIL.
While considering G&P’s offer, Rakesh pondered over the following facts:
1. A recent government policy made poor performance punishable by salary reduction or dismissal.
2. The first assignment at G&P is a bridge construction project in a village near Dhanbad.
3. With his current savings, Rakesh need not depend on regular income for at least six months.
4. Though an exemplary performer, Rakesh has hardly been recognized at SPCIL.
5. Based on the annual performance review at G&P, Rakesh will either earn double the salary or get fired.
Which of the following combinations of the above facts will BEST help Rakesh decide on joining G&P?
Among the five statements, we need to find statements that would motivate Rakesh to join G&P.
Statement 1 brings out the negative aspect of both SPCIL and G&P. Statement 3 doesn't help Rakesh in deciding to join G&P or not. Both statements 1 and 3 do not favour G&P. Statement 2 is in favour of G&P as the first assignment is in the village near Dhanbad. Statement 4 and 5 infers that Rakesh being a good performer, will succeed in G&P. Therefore, statements 2, 4 and 5 are in favour of G&P.
The answer is option A.
Create a FREE account and get: