colleges/colleges/NMIMS_Bangalore_Logo_modified.webp

Mumbai, Maharashtra

NMIMS: SVKM`s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies

by Tanaya Ahirrao 97 May 28, 2024

NMIMS Mumbai Placements: Let's be real. Reaching your goal of completing an MBA is like running a marathon. Even after getting admitted into one of India's top B-schools, the ultimate destination for many is grabbing the best job opportunity. If your dream is to pursue your MBA degree from NMIMS Mumbai, this blog is for you! So, in this blog, we'll delve into the placement report of NMIMS Mumbai's MBA Core and MBA HR. Let's begin.

NMIMS Mumbai Placements 2023

MBA Core

ContentDetails
Gender Diversity71% Male,  29% Female
Average Age25.1 years
Professionally Certified378
Average Workex29.2 months
Geographic Diversity34% North Region, 17% East Region, 17% South Region, 32% Western Region

Work Experience

  • 23% were freshers, who brought fresh perspectives into the MBA classroom
  • 8% had 1-12 months of work experience, which added a touch of hands-on-industry knowledge to their academic knowledge
  • 23% had 13-24 months of experience, offering a solid understanding of the corporate world
  • 29% had 13-24 months of experience, contributing a bunch of practical insights and skills
  • 17% had over 3 years of experience, bringing expertise and leadership qualities to the table

Work Experience Background

SectorsPercentage of students
FMCG/FMCD3%
Consulting13%
IT/Start-Up/E-Commerce46%
BSFI9%
Conglomerate/Manufacturing11%
Others18%

Academic Background

Stream

Percentage of students
Science3%
Commerce13%
Engineering72%
Management6%
Others6%

MBA HR (Human Resource)

Content

Details

Gender Diversity50% Male and 50% Female
Average Age24.6 years
Professionally Certified28
Average Workex23.5 months
Geographic Diversity36% North Region, 18% East Region, 12% South Region, 34% Western Region

Work Experience

Experience (in months)Percentage of Students
Freshers38%
1-1210%
13-2428%
25-3617%
Above 367%

Work Experience Background

SectorPercentage of Students
Consulting, FMCG/FMCD4%
IT/Start-Up/E-Commerce43%
Conglomerate/Manufacturing7%
Others46%

Academic Background

StreamPercentage of Students
Science6%
Commerce12%
Engineering68%
Management9%
Others5%

NMIMS Mumbai's Placement Highlights 2023 MBA Core (Average Package)

PackageINR (LPA)
Top 10%40.41
Top 20%36.50
Top 30%34.39
Top 40%32.53
Average CTC26.63
Highest CTC67.80
Total Recruiters148
New Recruiters52
Fortune 500 Recruiters84
PPO36% batch placed through PPOs

Sector-wise Highest CTC

SectorINR LPA
Finance42
General Management67.80
Marketing57.78
Operations & Data Science36.32

Also Read, NMIMS Mumbai Admission

NMIMS Mumbai MBA HR Placements 2023

ParticularsINR LPA
Average Package19.56
Top 10%25.64
Top 15%24.80
Top 20%24.20
Top 35%23.77
Highest Package25.95
Total Recruiters51
New Recruiters24
Fortune 500 Recruiters29
PPO25% Batch Placed Through PPOs

Join NMAT 2024 Crash Course

NMIMS Mumbai's Sector-Wise Placements

BSFI

35% of the MBA Core batch (all through PPOs) and 13% of the MBA HR batch was placed in the BSFI sector. Out of these students, 33% were placed through PPOs while the rest 67% were placed on campus. The students are set to assume a wide variety of positions. Some of them include Investment Banking Analyst, Investment Research Analyst, and Financial Operations Analyst. Students were also offered a host of prestigious roles in the areas of Corporate Risk, Private Wealth Management, Working Capital Requirement, Retail Banking, Product Management, Digital Banking Sales, Corporate Banking and Equity Product and Research.

Top Recruiters of MBA Core
Aditya Birla CapitalAmerican ExpressArcesiumAxis Bank
ASKBank of AmericaBarclaysBNY Mellon
Client AssociatesCredit SuisseCRISILDBS
DE Shaw & Co.Fullerton IndiaGoldman SachsHDFC Bank
HSBCICICI BankICICI LombardICICI Prudential Asset Management
ICICI Prudential Life InsuranceICICI SecuritiesIDFC First BankIIFL
Indus Valley PartnersJP Morgan Chase & Co.Kotak Mahindra BankMarsh
Max Life InsuranceMorgan StanleyNomuraSBI Caps
SBI LifeStandard CharteredTATA AIATATA AIG
TransUnion CIBILTres VistaYes Bank

Automobile, Conglomerate, Manufacturing, Power, Oil & Gas, and Real Estate

10% of the MBA Core batch (33% through PPOs and 67% on campus) and 32% of the MBA HR batch was placed in the sector. Out of these students, 22% were placed through PPOs while the rest 78% were placed on campus. Students were recruited for prominent leadership roles such as the Reliance Emerging Leaders Program, Digital Technology Leadership Program by General Electric and Tata Administrative Services Program.

Top Recruiters of MBA Core
Baker HughesCumminsEverestGail
Jindal Steel & PowerGE HealthCareAditya Birla GRASIMKalyani
V-GuardVedantaTolaram GroupTAS
SOBHA RealtyLuminousMahindraMaruti Suzuki
PiramalReliance Industries LimitedSchneider Electric

Start-Up, Logistics & E-Commerce

5% of the MBA Core batch was recruited for this sector. Out of this, 30% were recruited through PPOs while 70% were placed on campus. 4% of the MBA HR batch was placed in the sector. Out of these students, 40% were placed through PPOs while the rest 60% were placed on campus. The country's start-up landscape continues to flourish and sseveral prominent startups offered profiles including Product Manager, Program Manager, and Account Manager. Flagship logistic companies also made offers for their coveted Management Trainee positions and Roles like Product Manager, Assistant product manager, Strategy general manager, and Program manager were offered.

Top Recruiters of MBA Core
All Cargo Logistics Ltd.ElasticrunFibeFlipkart
InCredThe Great Eastern Shipping Co. Ltd.PorterPolicy Bazaar
Play SimplePhonePePandoIndiamart

FMCG, FMCD, & Retail

13% of the MBA Core batch was recruited for this sector. Out of this, 54% were recruited through PPOs while 46% were placed on campus. 4% of the MBA HR batch was placed in these sectors. Out of these students, 20% were placed through PPOs while the rest 80% were placed on campus. Students were offered prestigious leadership programmes like TATA Consumer Products' Emerging Leaders Plus, STRIDE Program at ABFRL, and Whirlpool's Young Leaders Program to cultivate versatile next generation leaders.

Top Recruiters for MBA Core
Aditya Birla Fashion and RetailAmwayAsian PaintsBajaj Consumer Care
Bajaj ElectricalBritanniaDaburDiageo
General MillsMARSMaricoLOREAL
Jubilant Food WorksJohnson & JohnsonITCPepsico
PidiilitePerfetti van MelleRelaxoSamsung
Tata Consumer ProductsWiproZydus WellnessWhirlpool
Titan Company

IT/Analytics, Pharmaceuticals, Media & Telecom

15% of the MBA Core batch was recruited for this sector. Out of this, 57% were recruited through PPOs while 43% were placed on campus. 21% of the MBA HR batch was placed in the BSFI sector. Out of these students, 25% were placed through PPOs while the rest 75% were placed on campus. a range of technology management and analytics profiles were offered to students which included- Customer Project Specialist, Business Manager, Business Planning Analyst, etc. Highly sough-after leadership programs such as Young Leader-Airtel Management Trainee, Hexaware Future Leaders Program were offered to students. Some of the most sought after roles were Product Management, Strategy, Operations Professional Development Program, Project Analyst, Program Manager, and Tech Sales.

Top Recruiters for MBA Core
VOISAbbottAccelyaAccuracy
AffinityAirtelDellComviva
CiscoCiplaCapgeminiArteria
FactspanGramenerGoogleHexaware
Hewlett Packard EnterpriseHoneywellIndegeneInfosys
IntelIntellectJioMerilytics
MicrosoftOptumSalesforceSony
Tata CommunicationsThe Times GroupWipro

Consulting

22% of the MBA Core batch was recruited for this sector. Out of this, 14% were recruited through PPOs while 86% were placed on campus. 26% of the MBA HR batch was placed in the BSFI sector. Out of these students, 13% were placed through PPOs while the rest 87% were placed on campus.

The MBA Hr program has refelected the growing recognition of the vital role that HR plays. Renowned organisations offered prominent roles in the fields of Talent Growth, HR Consultancy, HR Business Partner, Employee Relations, etc. The roles offered were HR Development Partner, HR Consultant, Senior Research Analyst, Talent Growth Analyst, Recruiter, and Corporate HR.

Top Recruiters for MBA Core
VOISAcrotrendAdaniAditya Birla Grasim
Aditya Birla CapitalAlightAonBajaj Allianz
befreeBoschBTCapgemini
CerebrusCloudCongnizantCummins
DarwinboxDeloitteDiageoElasticru
EYGodrejGoldman SachsHCLTech
HoneywellICICI BankIDFC First BankIndia Mart
L&T;Maruti SuzukiMahindraMcDonald's
PiramalRaymondReliance Industries LimitedSun Pharma

NMIMS Mumbai Placements FAQs

How are placements at NMIMS Mumbai?

ANMIMS Mumbai, being the no. 1 private B-school, has given fancy placements to its MBA students. The highest package offered in 2023 was INR 67.80 LPA for MBA Core. On the other hand, MBA HR received at highest package of INR 25.95 LPA. The average package for MBA Core and MBA HR was INR 26.63 LPA and INR 19.56 LPA, respectively, in 2023.

NMIMS a Tier 1 college?

Yes, NMIMS Mumbai's School of Business Management (SBM) is a tier 1 B-school, popularly known for its MBA courses. 

Does NMIMS Mumbai have 100% placement?

Yes, NMIMS Mumbai has maintained the record of 100% placement.

Which branch of NMIMS is the best?

NMIMS Mumbai is the best campus in comparison with other branches in terms of ranking, placements, infrastructure, and quality of education.

'What is the highest package of NMIMS Mumbai?

'The highest package of NMIMS Mumbai was INR 67.80 LPA in 2023 for the MBA Core batch of School of Business Management.

cracku

Boost your Prep!

Download App