IIM Shillong PGP Admission Criteria 2023: Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process, MBA Fees, CAT Cut Off & Placements
IIM Shillong Eligibility Criteria 2023
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree of a minimum 3 years duration after class 12, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in the case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category, the eligibility criterion is relaxed to 45%).
- The candidate should appear in CAT 2022 exam and must score the minimum prescribed sectional score to become eligible for admission.
- Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent examination or those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for IIM Shillong PGP Admission 2023. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the institution, validating that the candidate is currently in the final year or is awaiting final results.
IIM Shillong Admission Process 2023
IIM Shillong PGP admission process involves with two phases. In Phase 1, candidates will be shortlisted for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI). In Phase 2, based on Past Academic Performance, Performance in GD and PI, Performance in CAT, Months of Work Experience, and Gender, the final merit list will be prepared for the offer of admission to the PGP 2023-25 batch. Let us have a look at more details of each phase in the admission process of IIM Shillong for the upcoming PGP batch of 2023-25.
Phase-1: Shortlisting for Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interviews (PI)
All candidates who have opted (as per the CAT-2022 application) for IIM Shillong PGP 2023-25 batch are eligible for consideration in Phase 1. The minimum sectional CAT scores will be considered for shortlisting the GD and PI candidates, shown below.
The eligible candidates would have their Composite Score computed. This score is based on scaled CAT 2022 percentile and scaled months of previous work experience. The final composite score will be computed based on these scaled values, each having a weightage of 50%. The candidates will then be ranked based on their Composite Score.
Candidates with low academics can opt for IIM Shillong, as they do not consider the previous academics to shortlist for the Group Discussion(GD) and Personal Interview(PI). Even in the phase-2 selection process, the weightage for the academics is very low. One can also check out more details regarding the phase-1 selection process on the official PGP admission policy of IIM Shillong 2023.
Phase-2: Merit Listing For Offering Admission To PGP 2023-25 Batch
The candidates who are shortlisted in phase 1 will have to appear for the Group Discussion(GD) and Personal Interview(PI). After the GD and PI process, the scores of PI will be used, along with the previous academic performance, overall CAT performance, experience, and gender of the shortlisted candidates for preparation of the final merit list. Offer for admissions to PGP (2023-25) will be made based on this merit list.
There will be different cut-off scores for candidates’ performance in GD and PI in various categories, as shown in the below table. While the score of GD will not be used in arriving at the final score, the candidate will need to ensure the following performance in the GD (and PI) for their final score to be computed.
|Categories||Cut-off as Minimum Percentage of Performance out of Maximum Possible Performance in GD||Cut-off as Minimum Percentage of Performance out of Maximum Possible Performance in PI|
The candidate will be awarded certain marks based on the months of experience post-graduation. A list of the score for each experience category is given below.
|Months Of Experience||Score|
|Less than 12 months||0|
|12 months to less than 18 months||5|
|18 months to less than 24 months||7|
|24 months to less than 30 months||8|
|30 months to less than 36 months||7|
|36 months to less than 42 months||5|
|42 months to less than 48 months||2|
|48 months or more||0|
Final Merit List: Weights of different components for the overall score
After the final admission round, IIM Shillong will generate a final merit list for selected candidates on the basis of CAT 2022 score, performance in PI and Academic profile. The merit list will be prepared based on these components by allotting certain weightages for each component. The weights for different components are given below.
|Work Experience Score||10%|
|Gender Diversity Score||5%|
|Overall CAT score||30%|
All the candidates who are given admission to PGP 2023-2025 batch are required to provide proof of completion of their graduation or equivalent exams by 31st December 2023. Wherever the candidates need to fill in the marks of their earlier examinations, the following will apply:
- For Class X and XII percentages, all the subjects appearing in the mark sheet should be considered for computing the percentages. This is immaterial of the number of subjects the concerned Board uses for the computation of results.
- If any board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the board specifying the equivalent marks which should be used.
IIM Shillong MBA Fees
IIM Shillong PGP fee is Rs.18.5 Lakhs for the full-time MBA program, which also offers high ROI with consistently rising placements.
IIM Shillong Placements
IIM Shillong witnessed with 100% Placement record with a batch size of 250 students. The average salary stood at Rs. 23.10 LPA from Rs.19.17 LPA last year. The highest salary got increased by 72.56% at Rs.55.22 LPA from Rs.32 LPA last year.
This is all about IIM Shillong PGP admission criteria 2023. One can download the PGP admission policy on the official website of IIM Shillong to check out more details.
Join our Telegram group of MBA aspirants for quick and regular exam updates