Great Lakes application Form 2023: Last Date to Apply, Application Process, Eligibility, Cut-off, Fees & Placements
The Great Lakes Institute of Management is a reputed MBA college in India. It is a private B-school established in the year 2004 in Chennai. Apart from Chennai, the institute also has a campus in Gurugram. The institute has been approved by the AICTE. The application form filling for Great Lakes MBA Program 2023-25 has already started, and the Round 1 application closes in December. The application fee is Rs. 2000. In this article, we will look at the application process of Great Lakes Institute Chennai and whether or not you should apply to Great Lakes. Important application dates, eligibility, and other key things to know – as per the latest information available on the official website.
The first step towards getting admission into Great Lakes institute is taking the Common Admission Test (CAT) exam. Try checking out the previous year’s CAT papers to know the level of questions that appear in the exam. Every year over two lakh candidates appear for the CAT exam. The institute also accepts the candidate’s XAT, CMAT, and GMAT Scores for the PGDM and PGPM Programs.
Important Dates for Great Lakes Online application
There are two important courses at Great Lakes that MBA aspirants consider applying:
- The PGDM Program: This is the flagship full-time two-year MBA program. Freshers or students with less than two years of work-ex can apply.
- The PGPM Program: This is a one-year MBA program. Professionals with more than two years of work-ex can apply for the PGPM Program.
|First Cycle Closing Date for Online Application (PGDM)||November 21, 2022|
|First Cycle Closing Date for Online Application (PGPM)||November 21, 2022|
The application deadlines for Round 2,3,4 are yet to be announced.
Application Process For The Great Lakes institute:
- The online application form to apply for Great Lakes Institute is available on the institute’s official website.
- Candidates must follow the given instructions while applying and fill in the requisite details such as Personal details, academic details, work experience, test details, etc.
- Once the requisite details are filled in, candidates must pay the application fees of Rs. 2000.
Great Lakes Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility to apply for the MBA program is as follows:
- The candidate must have a minimum 3-year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent CGPA in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) can also apply.
- Candidates should have a valid GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT score.
- For PGDM 2023 program, the institute will accept scores of GMAT taken after 1st January 2020, CAT taken in 2021 or 2022, XAT taken in 2022 or 2023, or CMAT taken in 2022 or 2023.
- The Freshers and candidates with less than 36 months of work experience (as of 30th June 2023) are eligible to apply for the PGDM Program. (Candidates with 24-36 months of work-experience can also apply for the Great lakes PGPM program, Candidates with 36+ months of work experience can only apply for PGPM).
Cut-offs & Course fees
- The Cutoffs for its flagship MBA program: 90%ile in CAT/XAT and 95%ile in CMAT. And in GMAT, the cut-off is 600+.
- There are no sectional cut-offs.
- The candidates can apply through their CAT 2021/2022, XAT 2022/2023, and CMAT 2022/2023 scores also (i.e., candidates can also apply through last year’s entrance exam scores of CAT/XAT/CMAT).
- The Course Fee stands at Rs. 18.75 Lakhs.
The Shortlisting of candidates for the selection process will be done on the basis of the details provided in the application form and their GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores. As per the info. available on the official website, candidates are also evaluated based on:
- Entrance Test scores.
- Academic abilities. (Special preference is also given to College/University rank holders).
- Integrity and Ethical values. And the diversity of backgrounds.
- Performance in Personal Interview.
Great Lakes Placements
- The Placements highlights of the PGDM program at their Chennai campus (which is their main campus): Avg. CTC offered is 12.5 LPA and the Top 10% Students’ Avg. CTC is 19.1 LPA.
- The Placements highlights of the PGDM program at their Gurugram campus: Avg. CTC offered is 10.53 LPA and the Top 10% Students’ Avg. CTC is 14.4 LPA.
- PGPM Program (Chennai): Avg.CTC is 13.63 LPA. Top 10% students’ Avg. CTC is 19.30 LPA.
- PGPM Program (Gurugram): Avg. CTC is 17.86 LPA and the Top 10% of students’ Avg. CTC is 31.1 LPA.
Should you apply for Great Lakes?
Great Lakes is a decent MBA college and has been ranked among some of the top Non-IIM B-schools in the country. The CAT cut-off for the college hovers around the 90 percentile. A good CAT score boosts the chances of getting selected for the MBA program at the Great Lakes Institute. Apart from CAT, as the college also accepts GMAT, XAT, and CMAT, it gives the candidates the flexibility to apply through other MBA exams.
The Average placement (PGDM Chennai) stands at 12.5 LPA, and the Top 10% of students’ avg. CTC stands at 19.1 LPA. Given the good placement record and a high weightage to the CAT scores, one must not miss the chance of applying to the B-school.