Logical Reasoning is the second section in CAT exam. Around 16 questions will be asked from this topic in the form of 3-5 sets having 3-5 questions in each LR set. This section tests the logical ability of a candidate to solve a given problem. LR (Logical Reasoning) questions can be considered as puzzles. They mainly have questions from the following topics.
CAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus 2019 / LR Topics:
- Linear Arrangement
- Circular Arrangement
- Family Tree (blood relations)
- Venn diagrams
- Visual Reasoning
- Mapping, Routes and Networks
- Games and Tournaments
- LR based picking coins
- Truth – Lie concept
- Selection with conditions
- Other Miscellaneous puzzles
How to improve solving Logical Reasoning Questions for CAT:
10 Tips to improve LR for CAT:
- Solve Logical reasoning questions from CAT Previous papers
- Always start with the data with most given information or find the most obvious link
- Always select the data sets which are easy rather than familiar. Finding out what sets you should attempt and what sets you should leave is very important for time based tests.
- Practice every sort of LR question rather than mcq’s. Remember each one is defined on different patter and you should be able to break any pattern.
- Practice puzzles (like Sudoku)
- Don’t Assume any other information
- Always pay attention to every given statement and its detailed implication.
- Practice CAT mock tests and sectionals.
- Always try on your own before viewing the solution. Go back to unanswered and wrong questions and try them again until you get
- Never forget that you are not alone, if you cant understand something try to ask someone who could answer it.
Download Logical Reasoning for CAT Questions and Answers PDF:
Routes and Networks:
Venn Diagrams (4-Sets)
Grouping & Selection:
Linear and Circular Arrangement:
Cubes and Calendars:
DI-LR Questions (Einstein’s Puzzle)
Truth Tellers and Liars:
Some other Previous Questions:
We hope that our CAT Logical reasoning questions with solutions PDF will be useful to you.
Please Bookmark this link as it will be updated daily and new solved questions with solutions will be added.