IMT Ghaziabad application form 2022 | Why should you apply?
The Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad is a reputed MBA institute, known especially for Marketing. IMT has campuses located in Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad, Dubai. IMT Ghaziabad is its flagship campus. Candidates have the option to apply for all campuses in the application form. The application form filling for IMT PGDM 2022-24 has started and the application process closes before CAT. In the past, IMT has opened the registration window after CAT to allow students who have scored well to apply. However, it is advisable to fill the form prior to CAT to be on the safer side as there is no guarantee that IMS will reopen its registration window after CAT. The application fee is over Rs. 2000. In this article, we will look at the application process of IMT Ghaziabad, Why should you apply to IMT? Important application dates, eligibility, and other key things to know – as per the latest information available on the official website.
The first step towards getting admission into IMT is taking the Common Admission Test (CAT) exam. Try checking out previous year’s papers of CAT to know about the level of questions that appear in the exam. Every year over two lakh candidates appear for the CAT exam. IMT Ghaziabad also accepts the candidate’s XAT and GMAT Score for the PGDM Programs.
Important Dates for IMT Ghaziabad Online application
|Starting Date for Online Application||September 15, 2021|
|Closing Date for Online Application||November 25, 2021|
|IMT Admission Process Starts
||2nd week of Feb 2022
|Declaration of Results||3rd week of March 2022|
How to apply? Application process of IMT
- The online application form to apply for IMT will be available on the official website of IMT.
- Candidates must follow the given instructions while applying, and fill in the requisite details such as: Personal details, academic details, work experience, test details, etc.
- Candidates can check the Instructions for filling the online form here.
- Candidates have the option to apply for all campuses in the application form. Once the requisite details are filled in, candidates must pay the application fees (which is over Rs. 2000).
Eligibility to apply for IMT Ghaziabad is as follows:
- The candidate must have a minimum 3-year Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) can also apply.
- A valid CAT (2021) / XAT (2022) / GMAT (Jan 1, 2018 – Feb 28, 2022) score for the IMT Ghaziabad campus.
- A valid CAT (2021) / XAT (2022) / GMAT (Jan 1, 2018 – Feb 28, 2022) score for IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad campuses.
Apart from CAT and XAT, GMAT scores are also accepted for the IMT Ghaziabad MBA admissions. If you cannot attempt the CAT and XAT exam, you can prefer the GMAT to get into IMT Ghaziabad. Before that, you know some important facts about GMAT and make a decision before going through it. Also, check out the below articles to learn more about the GMAT exam.
- 6 Interesting Facts About The GMAT Exam You Should Know
- 6 Best Practices for GMAT Preparation: The Ultimate Study Guide
- How To Study For GMAT With Full-time Job?
- Can You Study for GMAT On Your Own? A Step-by-step Approach
- Is GMAT Easy To Crack? What Makes GMAT Challenging
- How to start your GMAT preparation | 5 Tips To Crack GMAT
- Top colleges accepting GMAT scores in India
- GMAT preparation for beginners: What to Study and How
Cut-offs & Course fee
The Cutoffs for its flagship MBA program at the IMT Ghaziabad campus: 90%ile in CAT/XAT (Sectional cut-off usually doesn’t matter here). And in GMAT, the cut-off is usually around 650.
For other campuses of IMT (Nagpur and Hyderabad): The cut-off is around 70-80%ile in CAT/XAT.
The Course Fee stands at Rs. 17.5 lakhs.
Selection Process of IMT
The Shortlisting of candidates for the selection process will be done on the basis of the details provided in the application form and their CAT/XAT/GMAT scores. As per the info. available on the official website:
- Shortlisting is done on the basis of best test scores in CAT-2021/ XAT-2022/ GMAT (Jan 1, 2018- Feb 28, 2022) for the IMT Ghaziabad campus.
- Shortlisting is done on the basis of best test score in CAT-2021/ XAT-2022/ GMAT (Jan 1, 2018- Feb 28, 2022)/ CMAT- 2022 for IMT Nagpur and IMT Hyderabad campuses.
- The candidate’s 10th, 12th, and undergrad scores will also be considered.
- Work experience: Both freshers and experienced candidates can apply for PGDM 2022-24 program. In case you are a fresher and have an interesting profile, then you have a high chance of getting selected.
- The candidate’s performance in the GD/PI will also be evaluated and a final selection will be made.
Admission/Application Process at IMT:
Download highly rated CAT preparation App.
Candidates can also check out the other Top B-Schools to apply before the CAT Exam.
Why should you apply for IMT Ghaziabad?
IMT Ghaziabad has been consistently ranked among the top B-schools in the country. IMT has established itself as one of the top colleges in India for marketing. The CAT cut-off for the college hovers around 90 percentile. A good CAT score boosts the chances of getting selected for the MBA program at IMT Ghaziabad. Apart from CAT, as the college also accepts XAT and GMAT, it gives the candidates the flexibility to apply through other MBA exams. Also, all the campuses of IMT have a common application form to fill. Candidates do not have to apply separately for other campuses.
The Average placement at IMT Ghaziabad stands at 12.5+ LPA, and the Highest CTC stands at 29+ LPA. Given the good placement record and a high weightage to the CAT scores, one must not miss the chance of applying to IMT.