Delhi University MBA 2023 Forms are out : (DBE & DFS) Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Admission Process, , Fees & Cut-offs
The Department of Financial Studies (DFS) is a department of the University of Delhi offering MBA programs in finance. Drafting its roots in the Delhi School of Economics, the DFS was carved out of the Department of Commerce of the university in 1987 to provide training in the field of finance. DFS was rated AA by TIME (the Triumphant Institute of Management Education), making it one of India’s top 30 business schools. The DFS application form for MBA admissions for the batch 2023-25 has been released by the institute. In this article, let us have a look at the important dates(including the last date to apply), admission criteria, the application process, cut-offs, eligibility and MBA fees in detail.
DFS Delhi Application Form: Important Dates
|Application Form Opened Date||September 30, 2022|
|Last Date To Apply||January 7, 2023|
DFS Delhi MBA Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who hold under graduation degrees in any discipline with at least 50% marks from the University of Delhi or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto with Maths/Business Maths at class 12th level. The reservation of seats is as per the University rules. Candidates appearing for the final year of a Bachelor’s Degree in 2023 can also apply. A valid CAT score is required for the candidates to apply for this Univesity.
DFS Delhi MBA Application Process
- The candidates who are eligible can apply for the MBA program online on the official website of the institute (Apply Now).
- The candidates must have to get registered for the MBA admissions 2023.
- On the registration page, candidates must fill up their personal information like Name, date of birth, category, religion, contact number, etc. and qualification details, etc.
- Make the online application fee payment of Rs.2000 (Rs.1000 for SC/ST/PC candidates) for two programmes and Rs.1200 (Rs.700 for SC/ST/PC) candidates for one programme.
- Finally, take the printout of the application for further use.
DFS Delhi MBA Admissions 2023: CAT Cut-off
The CAT cut for both programmes will be around the 95 percentile. The CAT cut-off may vary based on various factors such as the applicant pool, the difficulty level of the paper, diversity factors, etc.
DFS Delhi MBA Selection Process
- The selection of candidates would be based on CAT (Common Admission Test, conducted by the IIMs) and candidates’ educational backgrounds.
- Overall and Sectional cutoffs in CAT percentile results would be applied for short-listing General Category candidates for PI.
- Short-listing will be done on the basis of candidates’ CAT percentile and marks scored in Class 10th and Class 12th Examinations.
- Female candidates will be given some extra weightage.
Candidates with the following undergraduate degrees will receive extra weightage:
- B. Com. (Hons.),
- B. A./B.Sc. (Hons.) (Economics),
- B. A. (Hons.) (Business Economics),
- BBS/BMS and
The following weightage system will be followed for short-listing for PI:
|Marks obtained in Mathematics/Business Mathematics in Class 12th||2.50%|
|Candidates with the above-mentioned Graduation Degrees||5%|
The shortlisted candidates shall be called for a Personal Interview (PI). If in case, the PI at the University Campus is not possible owing to exogenous/unavoidable circumstances. Then PI would stand cancelled. In that case, the Final Merit List for admission to the MBA(F) and MBA(BE) programmes would be prepared on the basis of the weightage for final selection (below), wherein the weightage of PI would be taken as zero for all candidates. Further, the sectional cutoff will be applied only to the Unreserved category.
Final Selection Criteria
|Marks obtained in Personal Interview||25%|
|Candidates with the above-mentioned Graduation Degrees||2.50%|
Join our Telegram group of MBA aspirants for quick and regular exam updates