- 1 CAT exam 2021 Admit card release date
- 1.1 Steps to download CAT 2021 admit card
- 1.2 CAT 2021 Admit Card – Details
- 1.3 CAT Exam Schedule
- 1.4 Things/ Documents to carry to the CAT exam centre
- 1.5 CAT Exam Day Guidelines 2021
- 1.6 CAT Exam Centres 2021
- 1.7 Things to do in the last month:
CAT exam 2021 Admit card release date
The admit cards for the Common Admissions Test (CAT) 2021 will be released by IIM Ahmedabad on October 27, 2021, at 5 PM. The official website’s last date to download CAT admit card 2021 will be November 28, 2021. CAT 2021 admit card will be available after entering the CAT login ID and password.
Until the exam day, the CAT crash course will help revise the concepts at an accelerated pace. True to its name, the course will help boost your scores by a good margin in these last few days.
Going through CAT previous year papers, especially CAT 2020 question papers, helps to understand the nature and the pattern of the exam and hence, it has been a must-do in the last month. Also, taking mocks now is more important than ever. With the admit card in hand, aspirants should try to take as many CAT online mock tests in the time slot allotted to them to maximize their scores.
CAT admit card mentions a name, date of birth, registration number, category, CAT entrance exam day instructions, CAT 2021 exam date and time, reference number, emergency contact number, google map link along displaying the candidate’s photograph.
Note: All candidate’s primary reference identities will be through their CAT exam 2021 application number printed on the CAT Admit Card. This application number identifies the exam lab/console at the exam centre on the CAT Exam Day.
Steps to download CAT 2021 admit card
CAT 2021 admit card will be released 1 month before the exam. So it is expected to be out on Oct 27th at 5 p.m onwards.
Step 1 – Go to the CAT 2021 site – iimcat.ac.in .
Step 2 – Login using CAT exam credentials like user ID and password
Step 3 – The CAT admit card will be displayed
Step 4 – Download the same and check the details mentioned therein.
Step 5 – Keep a soft copy of the admit card for CAT 2021 saved for future references.
CAT 2021 Admit Card – Details
- Application Number of CAT exam
- PwD status
- CAT 2021 exam date
- CAT exam time and session
- Reporting/ entry time for CAT 2021 at the exam centre
- Gate closing time for CAT exam
- CAT 2021 test city name
- Test Center address
CAT Exam Schedule
|CAT exam||Reporting Time||Candidates not allowed||CAT exam Timings|
|Forenoon Session||7.00 am||Post 8.15 am||8.30 am to 10.30 am|
|Afternoon Session||11.00 am||Post 12.15 pm||12.30 pm to 02.30 pm|
|Evening Session||03.00 pm||Post 4.15 pm||4.30 pm to 6.30 pm|
Things/ Documents to carry to the CAT exam centre
Candidates will be allowed to carry the following documents
- CAT 2021 admit card
- Original valid photo identity card
- Sanitizer (50 ml)
- Transparent water bottle
- Requisite medical certificate and Scribe affidavit (if applicable).
CAT Exam Day Guidelines 2021
Candidates appearing for the CAT 2021 examination should take the following documents to the examination centre to enter the examination hall:
- CAT Admit card: Students appearing for the CAT exam 2021 must carry a printout of their admit card with a photo affixed on it. Entry without CAT 2021 admit card and valid photo ID will not be permitted.
- Identity Proof: Along with the CAT admit card, students must also carry an original valid photo ID proof such as PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar card, College ID, Driving license, Employer ID, or Passport.
- Name change document: If a student has changed their name, they would be required to carry a name change document/ certificate along with a CAT admit card and ID proof.
Do’s for Candidates for CAT exam
- Print CAT admit card on the A4 size paper
- Before reaching the CAT exam centre, make sure you have admit card in hard copy and original ID proof
- Use the google map link (embedded on e-admit card) to locate the CAT exam centre 2021
- Candidates must affix photographs in the space provided on CAT admit card
- They must use the mouse to answer CAT MCQ questions and use the on-screen keyboard to answer TITA questions in CAT 2021
- They have to return the writing pad after completing their CAT exam
- The admit card must be handed to the invigilator once the CAT entrance exam is over
Don’ts for Candidates for CAT exam
- Do not carry any prohibited items inside the CAT 2021 exam centre
- Avoid copying/cheating during CAT exam
- Keep a distance from fellow candidates/staff. Keep conversations to a minimum.
- Avoid using the keyboard in CAT exam as this will lock the computer system
- Unless it’s a medical emergency, avoid going for a bio-break in between CAT 2021.
- Do not waste the writing pad provided or take away pages after completion of the CAT exam.
CAT Exam Centres 2021
CAT Test Cities 2021: CAT 2021 will be held in at least 159 test cities at more than 400 test centres across the country. Essential details about these CAT test venues in CAT test cities are available on the CAT 2021 official website. Candidates will be assigned a test city nearest to their address.
Note: Candidates can now choose Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) as a preferred city for CAT 2021 exam.
The name of the CAT test centre within the test city will also be mentioned on the CAT admit card.
CAT 2021 Preferred Test City and Allocation Process
- Candidates will be alloted the test centre based on the selected six test cities of their choice during registration.
- Cities and centres will be assigned to candidates only after the CAT 2021 registration deadline.
- Although IIMs try as hard as they can to nominate candidates for their first preferred city, if this is not possible, they will be assigned a city following the option given to them.
- The CAT exam session cannot be chosen because it will be assigned approximately.
Things to do in the last month:
After the completion of the CAT 2021 admit card download, locate your centre. Do not postpone the task until the day before the exam. Know how to reach your centre. If the centre cannot be reached easily on the exam day, make the necessary arrangements well in advance. Take a few printouts of the admit card and also have the original photo with you.
Start taking mocks in the time slot allotted to you. Take at least 5 to 10 mocks in the exact timing as your CAT slot so that you get used to the exam timings. It is essential to perform to the best of your abilities on the day of the exam and hence, ensure that you take an ample number of mocks in the actual exam timing.
Try to develop a plan of action for the exam day and implement it in all the mocks. Avoid being too rigid with your strategy and be open to making changes based on the demands of the situation.