Read the following information and answer the questions given below it.
For selection of films produced before December 2007 for the national film festival of India, following criteria are given.
1. The film must be submitted to the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) by 31.10.2007.
2. The production cost of the film should not exceed Rupees Five crores.
3. The director of the film should have passed a three year course either from the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) or from Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute.
4. The length of the film should not exceed 150 minutes.
5. The film must have been approved by the film censor board of India.
6. However, if the film fulfils all the above criteria except
(a) criteria 2 above, it must be sent to the finance secretary
(b) criteria 3 above, the director has done at least a one year course from FTII or Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute, the film is kept as a stand-bye
On the basis of above information and information provided below, decide the course of action in each case. No further information is available. You are not to assume anything.
I.if the film is to be selected
II.if the film is not to be selected
III.if the film should be sent to the finance secretary
IV.if the film should be kept as a stand-bye
V.if the data given about the film are not adequate to make a decision.
Rakesh Mohan, the director of film Ek Bar Achanak, has successfully completed a 2-years course at Satyajit Ray Film & Television Institute. The 150-minute film was produced at rupees 4.85 crore. It has approved by the censor board of India and submitted to NFDC on 30th Nov. 2007.
The first condition is:-
The film must be submitted to the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) by 31.10.2007
The given film was approved by the censor board of India and submitted to NFDC on 30th Nov. 2007.
Thus, the given film does not fulfill condition 1 and as there is no alternative to condition 1, thus, the given film should not be selected.
Hence, option D is the correct answer.
Create a FREE account and get: