MDI Application forms out – Should you apply?
The Management Development Institute (MDI) has been consistently ranked as one of the top B-schools of India. The application forms for the two-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), are out. Apart from PGDM, the applications for PGDM-HRM and PGDM-IB (2022-2024) are also out. In this article, we will look at the important application dates, online application process, eligibility, and other key things to know – as per the latest information available on the official website.
The first step towards getting admission into the MDI is taking the Common Admission Test (CAT) exam. Every year over two lakh candidates appear for the CAT exam. The final selection at the MDI is based on the candidate’s CAT score, Application score, and Personal Interview. MDI Gurgaon also accepts the candidate’s GMAT score for the PGDM/PGDM-HRM/PGDM-IB Programs. Applicants with both scores should clearly specify which one they wish to be considered. Only one of the two scores shall be considered in the selection process of MDI.
Try checking out previous year papers of CAT to know about the level of questions that appear in the exam. Candidates applying for MDI through the GMAT can check out these FREE GMAT resources and FREE videos for GMAT preparation.
If you input your profile details in the CAT Percentile Required for IIM Calls predictor, you would understand the CAT Percentile you must achieve to secure a call from MDI.
Important Dates for MDI Online application
|Starting Date for MDI Online Application||September 21, 2021|
|Closing Date for MDI Online Application||November 26, 2021|
How to apply?
- The online application form for all three programs of MDI Gurgaon (and PGDM of MDI, Murshidabad) will be available on the official website of MDI.
- Candidates must follow the given instructions while applying, and fill in the requisite details.
- Candidates have to make an online payment of Rs.3000 (inclusive of 18% GST) irrespective of the number of programs they are applying for MDI Gurgaon. Candidates applying for both MDI-G and MDI-M should make an online payment of Rs. 3590.
Eligibility for PGDM (& PGDM-HRM) is as follows:
- The candidates must have at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in both class 10th and class 12th.
- The candidate must have a minimum 3-year Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) can also apply (subject to furnishing evidence to that effect latest by 1st October 2022).
SELECTION PROCESS of MDI
The Shortlisting of candidates for the selection process will be done on the basis of the details provided in the application form and their CAT or GMAT scores. As per the info. available on the official website: Shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection process between February and April 2022 at a center in one of the following cities – Bangalore, Gurugram, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Mumbai. (Centers other than Gurugram are tentative). The selection process may also be conducted online through zoom for which the intimation will be given to the short-listed candidates in advance.
The Selection process at MDI is divided into two stages
Stage 1 – In the first stage, candidates are shortlisted for the interviews on the basis of their CAT / GMAT score.
Stage 2 – The second stage is where the college selects based on the Personal Interview (PI). A Final Score is calculated for the final Selection. The score of each candidate is calculated (usually out of 100) based on certain parameters, and the final selection list will be made.
Parameters for final selection:
1. CAT Percentile / GMAT Score
2. Personal Interview
3. Application score (includes X, XII, Academic Diversity, Gender Diversity and Work Experience)
Download highly rated CAT preparation App.
Candidates can also check out the other Top B-Schools to apply before the CAT Exam.
Fee structure for the PGDM / PGDM-HRM / PGDM-IB (2022-2024)
- The Fees for the full-time PGDM and PGDM-HRM Program is Rs. 21.34 Lakhs.
- The Fees for the PGDM-IB Program is Rs. 25 Lakhs.
Should you apply for MDI?
MDI Gurgaon has been consistently ranked among the top 10 B-schools in the country. Located in the NCR region, MDI has established itself as one of the top colleges in India for marketing. The CAT cut-off for the college hovers around 96 percentile. The weightage for the CAT score in the final selection is close to 60%. Therefore, a good CAT score boosts the chances of getting selected for the MBA program at MDI.
Also, the average placement at MDI Gurgaon stands at 22+ Lakhs per annum. Given the good placement record and a high weightage to the CAT scores, one must not miss the chance of applying to MDI.