GIM, Goa application form 2022 | Should you apply?
The Goa Institute of Management is a reputed MBA college in India. It is a private B-school established in the year 1993. The application form filling for GIM for its PGDM, PGDM-HCM, PGDM-BDA, PGDM-BIFS Programs has started. In this article, we will look at the GIM Goa application form, the application process Why should you apply to GIM? Important application dates, eligibility, and other key things to know – as per the latest information available on the official website.
The first step towards getting admission into GIM is taking the Common Admission Test (CAT) exam. Try checking out previous year’s papers of CAT to know about the level of questions that appear in the exam. Every year over two lakh candidates appear for the CAT exam. GIM also accepts the candidate’s XAT, CMAT, and GMAT Scores for their MBA Programs.
Important Dates for GIM Online application
There are four important courses at GIM that the MBA aspirants consider applying:
- The PGDM Program: This is the flagship full-time two-year MBA program (launched in 1993).
- The PGPM-HCM (Healthcare Management) Program (launched in 2013).
- The PGDM-BDA (Big Data Analytics) Program (launched in 2018).
- The PGDM-BIFS (Banking Insurance and Financial Services) Program (launched in 2020).
|Early bird online application||December 6, 2021|
|Application through CAT 2021||December 20, 2021|
|Last date||10th Jan 2022
|Final Closing||17th Jan 2022|
(The advantage of early bird Applications is that the application fee will be less.)
How to apply? The application process of GIM
- The online application form to apply for GIM will be available on the Official website of GIM.
- Firstly, candidates must register themselves, verify email, fill the application form online, pay the application fee, and submit the application.
- Candidates must follow the given instructions while applying, and fill in the requisite details such as: Personal details, academic details, work experience, test details, etc.
- Once the requisite details are filled in, candidates must pay the application fees.
Eligibility to apply for GIM, Goa is as follows:
- The candidate must have a minimum 3-year Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing for the final examination for the Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent examination) can also apply.
- A valid CAT (2021) / XAT (2022) / CMAT (2022) / GMAT (taken between 1st Jan 2020 to 20th Jan 2022) score.
Cut-offs & Course fee at GIM Goa
The Cutoffs for its flagship MBA program at GIM: 90%ile in CAT/XAT (Sectional cut-off usually doesn’t matter here). The CMAT Cutoff is higher (around 95%ile). And in GMAT, the cut-off is usually around 650+.
The Course Fee at GIM Goa for PGDM Program stands at Rs. 17-18 lakhs.
Selection Process of GIM
The selection process for the flagship PGDM program at GIM is a little different. The candidates can get admission through the entrance test scores, or one can also get a profile-based admission (through the achievers round).
What is Achievers Round? The candidates through the achievers round will get shortlisted without GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT scores (i.e, if one’s profile is strong, he/she will get a direct interview call).
The final selection for the PGDM Program is based on the following factors:
- Entrance test scores (XAT, CAT, GMAT, or CMAT)
- Academic performance.
- Work experience (if any).
- Personal Interview.
- Composite diversity index.
A major weightage is given to the entrance test scores and performance in the personal interview.
Admission process for PGDM:
(The selection process is different for other programs. There is usually no achievers round for the PGDM-HCM program.)
Download highly rated CAT preparation App.
Candidates can also check out the other Top B-Schools to apply before the CAT Exam.
Should you apply for GIM?
GIM, Goa is a decent MBA college and has been ranked among some of the top Non-IIM B-schools in the country. The CAT cut-off for the college hovers around 90 percentile. A good entrance test score boosts the chances of getting selected for the MBA program at the Goa Institute of Management. Apart from CAT, as the college also accepts GMAT, XAT, and CMAT, it gives the candidates the flexibility to apply through other MBA exams.
GIM Goa Placements
PGDM Program: Avg. CTC is 10.71 LPA. The highest CTC is 25.60 LPA.
PGDM-HCM Program: Avg. CTC is 10 LPA, Highest CTC is 17.5 LPA.
PGDM-BDA Program: Avg. CTC is 11.7 LPA, Highest CTC is 21.6 LPA.
PGDM-BIFS Program: The first batch of this program will graduate in 2022 (so, the placement season is yet to commence).
Given the good placement record and a high weightage to the entrance test scores, one should consider applying to GIM.