Ten players, as listed in the table below, participated in a rifle shooting competition comprising of 10 rounds. Each round had 6 participants. Players numbered 1 through 6 participated in Round 1, players 2 through 7 in Round 2,..., players 5 through 10 in Round 5, players 6 through 10 and 1 in Round 6, players 7 through 10, 1 and 2 in Round 7 and so on. The top three performances in each round were awarded 7, 3 and 1 points respectively. There were no ties in any of the 10 rounds. The table below gives the total number of points obtained by the 10 players after Round 6 and Round 10.
The following information is known about Rounds 1 through 6:
1. Gordon did not score consecutively in any two rounds.
2. Eric and Fatima both scored in a round.
The following information is known about Rounds 7 through 10:
1. Only two players scored in three consecutive rounds. One of them was Chen. No other player scored in any two consecutive rounds.
2. Joshin scored in Round 7, while Amita scored in Round 10.
3. No player scored in all the four rounds.
Which player scored points in maximum number of rounds?
From the condition given in the premise, we can make the following table:
The information known about Rounds 1 through 6:
1. Gordon(G) did not score consecutively in any two rounds.
2. Eric(E) and Fatima(F) both scored in a round.
By observing the table:
1. Jordan(J) scored 7 points in both the rounds 5th & 6th.
2. Amita (A) scored 1,7 points then she scored 7 in the first round.
3. Bala (B) scored 1 point in both the rounds 1st and 2nd.
4. Ikea (I) scored 1 point in the round 4th and 5th.
5. Gordon(G- 7,7,3 ) did not score consecutively in any two rounds so it scored in 2nd, 4th and 6th rounds respectively.
We can make the following table from the details given in the question.
T: Total after the sixth round and TT: Total after the 10th round.
1. Only two players scored in three consecutive rounds. One of them was Chen. So He scored 1 point in the rounds 8th, 9th and 10th.
2. Ikea scored 15 points (1,7,7) in three rounds respectively.
3. Eric scored 7 in round 10.
4. Amita will score 3 in round 10, and 7 in round 7.
We can make the following table:
Hence option D is correct.
Create a FREE account and get:
CAT DI Data Change Over Period
CAT Tables With Missing Values
CAT LR Selections With Conditions
CAT Averages, Ratios & Proportions
CAT Logarithms, Surds & Indices
CAT Functions, Graphs & Statistics