The five sentences labelled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) given in this question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a number. Decide on. the proper order for the sentences and key in this sequence of five numbers as your answer.
1. The process of handing down implies not a passive transfer, but some contestation in defining what exactly is to be handed down.
2. Wherever Western scholars have worked on the Indian past, the selection is even more apparent and the inventing of a tradition much more recognizable.
3. Every generation selects what it requires from the past and makes its innovations, some more than others.
4. It is now a truism to say that traditions are not handed down unchanged, but are invented.
5. Just as life has death as its opposite, so is tradition by default the opposite of innovation.
Correct Answer: 54132
A quick glance at all the five questions suggest that the passage is discussing tradition and innovation. Hence, 5 is the best opening sentence as it sets the context for the discussion. 4 and 1 form a pair as both of them talk about handing down. Similarly, 3, 2 also form a pair as both talk about selections. Hence, the correct logical order of the given sentences will be 54132.
Create a FREE account and get: