The five sentences (labelled 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) given in this question, when properly sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a number. Decide on the proper order for the sentences and key in this sequence of five numbers as your answer.
1. This has huge implications for the health care system as it operates today, where depleted resources and time lead to patients rotating in and out of doctor's offices, oftentimes receiving minimal care or concern (what is commonly referred to as "bed side manner") from doctors.
2. The placebo effect is when an individual's medical condition or pain shows signs of improvement based on a fake intervention that has been presented to them as a real one and used to be regularly dismissed by researchers as a psychological effect.
3. The placebo effect is not solely based on believing in treatment, however, as the clinical setting in which treatments are administered is also paramount.
4. That the mind has the power to trigger biochemical changes because the individual believes that a given drug or intervention will be effective could empower chronic patients through the notion of our bodies' capacity for self-healing.
5. Placebo effects are now studied not just as foils for "real" interventions but as a potential portal into the self-healing powers of the body.
Correct Answer: 25431
On closely reading the sentences, we can see that the passage is about placebo effect. Sentence 2, which introduces the placebo effect, must be the starting sentence. Sentence 5 states that placebo effect are now not just studied for real interventions, as stated in sentence 2, but as potential portal into self healing power. Hence, sentence 5 logically follows sentence 2. Sentence 4 which elaborates on self healing must follow sentence 5. Sentence 3 makes a point that apart from the belief in the treatment, the clinical setting also has a role to play. Sentence 1 elaborates on this. Hence, 31 is a pair which must follow sentence 4. Thus, the correct order is 25431.
Create a FREE account and get:
CAT Averages, Ratios & Proportions
CAT Logarithms, Surds & Indices
CAT Functions, Graphs & Statistics
CAT DI Data Change Over Period
CAT Tables With Missing Values
CAT LR Selections With Conditions