Ahmedabad, Gujarat

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad

IIM Ahmedabad continues to reign at the summit of India's top B-schools. The institute boasts excellent academics, a vast alumni network, and robust placement opportunities, therefore it's a dream college of every CAT Exam aspirant.

Securing admission into IIM-A's full-time two-year Post-graduate Program in Management (PGP) is an immensely competitive process aimed at identifying and nurturing the brightest minds in the field of management. With its rigorous selection criteria and focus on academic excellence, leadership potential, and diverse perspectives, IIM-A attracts top talent from across the country and beyond.

IIM Ahmedabad Batch Profile 2023: Key Highlights

Students admitted to IIM Ahmedabad's PGP program come from various academic backgrounds like arts, commerce, science, medicine, engineering, and agriculture etc. The PGP cohorts have comprised a blend of recent graduates and individuals with prior work experience, creating a diverse and dynamic learning environment.

Following data represents the Work Experience of the MBA Cohort at IIM-A.

Also Read, IIM Ahmedabad Cutoff's

In the PGP batch at IIM-A, 25% of students are Freshers, while the remaining 75% boast diverse work experiences spanning various years. A significant portion of students at IIM-A brings with them valuable professional insights, with the majority having accumulated at least 1 to 2 years of experience across different domains.

At IIM-A, students with diverse professional backgrounds converge to form a vibrant and eclectic community within the PGP program. Drawing from a myriad of industries and sectors, these individuals bring a wealth of real-world experience and insights to the classroom.

Following data represents the sector wise data of students with work experience at IIM-A.

The collaborative environment at IIMA encourages the exchange of ideas and best practices, fostering a dynamic learning ecosystem where students not only learn from their esteemed faculty but also from one another. This unique amalgamation of fresh perspectives and practical insights enriches classroom discussions and collaborative projects, providing students with a holistic learning experience.

IIM Ahmedabad Scholarships for 2023 Batch

While IIM remains an aspirational dream for many, financing the PGP program ginormous tuition (INR 25,00,000 for domestic candidates & US$ 50,000 for Overseas Indians and Foreign Nationals) itself stands out as one of the significant hurdles alongside the rigorous selection process. So, in order to make quality education accessible to all, IIM extends financial aid and scholarships to students in need. Following are the details of the scholarships provided at IIM-A

Financial Aid: IIMA offers financial assistance through a Need-Based Scholarship Scheme for eligible applicants of its PGP & PGP-FABM programs.

Date of Application: Applications for Special Need-Based scholarships are typically open in July/August.

Scholarship Eligibility: Scholarship amounts are determined based on criteria such as annual gross family income, asset ownership, and number of dependents.

  • The scheme supplements scholarships provided by industry and government sources.
  • Other than the scholarships, many commercial banks and financial institutions provide educational loans to students.

In summary, IIM-A's eligibility criteria, diverse student profile, and scholarship opportunities underscore its commitment to accessible and inclusive education. Aspiring students can expect a supportive learning environment where talent is nurtured and success is achievable. With its dedication to academic excellence and diversity, IIM-A paves the way for future leaders to make impactful contributions to society and the business landscape.

Also Read, IIM Ahmedabad Placements 


IIM Ahmedabad Batch Profile FAQs 

What is the batch size of IIMA?
Total Batch Size of IIM Ahmedabad is 455 students where PGP has 408 students & PGP-FABM has 47 Students.

What is the average age of IIM batch profile?

The average age of IIM-A class is 23 years.

Can I get a Scholarship at IIM Ahmedabad?
IIM-Ahmedabad offers need based scholarship to the deserving candidates. This aid depends upon criteria such as annual gross family income, asset ownership, and number of dependents.

Can I join IIM at 28?

Yes, 28 is not too old for IIM. The average age at IIM-A is 23-24. There's no age limit, and older candidates bring valuable experience and maturity, enriching the classroom environment.

What is the ideal work experience for IIM-A?

Ideally, if you have work experience of 1-2 years, you are good to go. 


Boost your Prep!

Download App