Learn & Practice
Solved Previous Papers
Other Bank Exams
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is an entrance exam conducted by XLRI in the month of January every year for the entrance into XAMI (Xavier Association of Management) Institutes . XAT scores can be used to gain admission to XLRI, XIMB, SPJIMR, TAPMI and many other colleges. It is the second most prestigious management entrance exam in India after CAT.
Till 2017, XAT was a pen-and-paper exam. However, from 2018, it became an online computer-based test.
A few important colleges that accept XAT score are:
The eligibility criteria for XAT has remained unchanged over time.
1) There is no age limit to appear for XAT
2) The applicant must hold a recognized Bachelor's Degree or equivalent with a minimum duration of 3 years.
3) Students in their final year of graduation can also apply for XAT exam.
XAT exam consists of the following sections
1) Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Logical Reasoning
2) Decision Making
3) Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
4) General Knowledge
5) Essay Writing
Download XAT Exam Syllabus detailed PDF here
The first section consists of the following topics:
1) Reading Comprehension
2) Para Jumbles
3) Para Completion
4) Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases
5) Grammar and Sentence Correction
6) Sentence Completion
7) Critical Reasoning
9) Clocks and Calendars
10) Facts, Inference and Judgements
11) Seating Arrangement
12) Blood Relations
13) Statements, Assumptions and Inferences
The second section consists of the following topics:
2) Decision Making in a given situation
3) Selection and Grouping according to conditions
4) Complex Arrangement
The third section consists of the following topics:
2) Number Systems
3) Linear and Quadratic Equations
4) Profit and Loss
5) Time, Speed, Distance and Work
6) Permutations, Combinations and Probability
7) Progressions and Series
8) Logarithms and Surds
10) Venn Diagrams
11) Functions and Graphs
12) Ratio and Proportion
14) Data Interpretation - Line Charts, Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables, Caselets
1) Current Affairs
4) Science and Technology
5) Economy and Business
6) Person and Awards
7) International Organizations
8) Currencies and capitals
9) Important days
And other important topics
The XAT 2019 will be conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur.
The exam duration will be 40 minutes
No negative marking in paper-II
Cracku offers one mock test for XAT 2019 exam.
Boost your Prep!