- 1 Download CAT Syllabus 2022 PDF
- 1.1 CAT Exam Pattern 2022
- 1.2 What are TITA Questions?
- 1.3 CAT Sections and Weightage
- 1.4 CAT Section-Wise Syllabus
- 1.4.1 CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Syllabus
- 1.4.2 CAT Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation Syllabus
- 1.4.3 CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- 1.4.4 1. Number systems:
- 1.4.5 2. Arithmetic:
- 1.4.6 3. Algebra:
- 1.4.7 4. Geometry and mensuration:
- 1.4.8 5. Modern math:
Download CAT Syllabus 2022 PDF
Candidates may find the whole CAT Syllabus for Quant, Verbal Ability, DI, and LR sections here. You can easily see the updated Syllabus For CAT 2022 by clicking on the Download CAT Syllabus 2022 PDF Button.
It is not easy to pass the computer-based Common Admission Test 2022, which is the common IIM examinations. Candidates can begin their preparation with the CAT Exam Syllabus 2022 to limit the chances of making mistakes in the exam preparation.
The Common Admission Test (CAT) is an annual management aptitude test for admission to MBA/PGP programmes at the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and over 1,200 B-Schools in India. Every year, over 2.30 lakh applicants take the CAT exam, which is held in November. The CAT 2022 exam will be held likely in the last sunday of November 2022, and online registration will commence in the first week of August 2022.
CAT 2022 exam expected date: 27th Nov, 2022
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
|CAT Exam Pattern 2022|
|Mode of CAT exam||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of exam||120 minutes
40 minutes per section
|CAT exam slots||Morning: 8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Afternoon: 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
Evening: 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM
|Number of questions||66|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Number of answer choices||4|
|Question Type||MCQ and non-MCQ|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for every right attempt
-1 for wrong MCQ attempt
0 for wrong attempt in non-MCQ
What are TITA Questions?
There will be no alternatives for TITA (Enter in the Answer) questions, therefore applicants must type the answer (using the mouse). As a result, you can think of this as fill-in-the-blanks questions. There will be no negative marks for TITA questions.
CAT Sections and Weightage
The CAT question paper is divided into three sections. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Aptitude (QA). Check out the chart below to see how questions and marks are distributed per section:
|CAT Sections||MCQs||TITA||Total Number of Questions
(MCQs + TITA)
|Total||47||19||66||198 Marks||120 Minutes (2 Hours)|
CAT Section-Wise Syllabus
The CAT syllabus is extensive and covers a wide range of topics. The following are the primary topics from which questions in the CAT exam are typically asked:
CAT Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension Syllabus
There are 24 questions in the verbal ability and reading comprehension segment, with 5 of them being TITA-based. Out of the 24 questions, 16 questions are from RCs coupled with 8 verbal ability questions. The majority of the questions are about reading comprehension. Some of the key syllabus topics for the CAT VARC part are listed below.
- Reading Comprehension Passage-Based Questions
- Sentence Completion & Correction
- Odd Sentences
- Others – Not coming from past few years (Fill in the blanks, Vocabulary Based, etc.)
CAT Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation Syllabus
The CAT logical thinking and data interpretation portion contain 20 questions, with 6 TITA-based questions. There are a total of 4 sets which are comprised of 2 sets of 6 questions each and 2 sets of 4 questions each.
Questions from the seating arrangement, blood relations, syllogisms, direction sense exam, and other puzzles are presented in the logical part.
Tables, graphs & charts, and caselets are presented in the data interpretation section.
CAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus:
- Seating arrangement (facing inwards/outwards).
- Einstein’s puzzle and arrangement puzzles
- Seating arrangement based on truth liar concept
- LR based on picking coins
- Games and tournaments for CAT.
- Truth – liar concept
- Selection with conditions
- 2D & 3D Space LRs
- Games & Tournaments
- Quant based LR
CAT Data Interpretation Syllabus:
- Line chart, bar chart
- Pie chart
- Unconventional charts – radar chart, bubble chart, area chart
- Tables, tables with missing values, incorrect values, connected data sets
- DI based on growth over the years
- Venn diagrams & Maxima & Minima
- Quant based DI
CAT Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
There are a few items in the quantitative aptitude part that are extremely important and are repeated every year in the CAT exam. This part has 22 questions, 8 of which are TITA-based. The following are some of the most important syllabus subjects for CAT 2022.
- Number System.
- Geometry and Mensuration.
- Modern Maths
- Data Sufficienty
1. Number systems:
- Number systems
- properties of numbers
- type and classification of numbers
- divisibility rules
- HCF and LCM
- cyclicity and base theorem
- remainders and remainder theorems
- binomial theorem
- the highest power of a number in a factorial.
- Series and Progressions
- types of series – AP, GP AND HP
- special series
- Ratios and proportions
- simple interest, compound interest
- time and work
- time speed distance
- relative speed
- races and headstarts
- circular tracks
- pipes and cisterns
- clocks and calendars
- Linear equations
- special linear equations
- quadratic equations
- roots of an equation
- functions and graphs
- maxima and minima
- coordinate geometry
- inclusion-exclusion principles
- Venn diagrams
4. Geometry and mensuration:
- similarity, congruence
- quadrilaterals and other polygons
- properties of quadrilaterals
- cyclic quadrilaterals
- concave and convex polygons
- properties of circles
- 3D geometry – cubes, cuboids, cones, cylinders, spheres and other shapes
- volumes and surface areas of 3D shapes
- development of 3D shapes
- cutting and colouring problems on 3D shapes.
5. Modern math:
- Permutation (arrangement)
- Combinations (selection)
- arranging similar and distinct objects in similar and distinct groups
- circular permutation and necklace problems
- Probability and Combinatorics etc.,
The themes on which the questions will be based may vary. For some problems in this topic, candidates are not expected to find the precise value, but rather to determine whether the equation is solvable with the information provided in the statement.
The topic-wise marks distribution for each of these themes is carefully detailed in the CAT syllabus PDF, which is based on recent CAT papers.
Some of the CAT exam questions include the application of two or more topics from two or more groups. As a result, after practising the questions topic by topic, it is required to take a sufficient number of mock exams to develop the talent of applying the concepts at the appropriate places.
In addition, many strategies for answering the same question may exist, and applicants must choose the method that saves the most time.
Please keep in mind that the themes are only illustrative and not exhaustive. After reviewing the prior papers, we discovered that the majority of the questions fall under the areas covered in this syllabus.
Candidates can Join our Telegram group of MBA aspirants for quick and regular exam updates.