CAT 2022 Exam Day – Do’s and Dont’s
The CAT is less than two days away, and candidates appearing for the first time must be aware of the various Do’s and Dont’s associated with the CAT examination. This article will highlight the CAT 2022 Exam Day – Do’s and Dont’s. This will help you understand what is expected of you in the examination hall, what you can or can’t carry, and what needs to be avoided or followed.
What to Carry on the CAT Exam Day?
- Admit Card – A printed copy of the Admit Card has to be carried in the examination. Without the Admit Card, you will not be allowed into the exam centre. Ensure you affix the same photograph you used while filling out the CAT Application Form. Also, ensure you do not sign on the admit card beforehand. The signature field explicitly states that the signature has to be done in the presence of the invigilator.
- Photo Identification Proof – You must carry a Government-issued Photo Identification Proof. This includes PAN Card, Driving License, Voter Card, or Aadhar Card (with a photograph). Make sure that you carry the original copy of this document. Xerox copies, even if attested, will not work.
- Covid related accessories – You must also carry your own mask. Also, try to carry a pair of gloves. As far as personal hand sanitisers are concerned, most exam centres will be well-equipped with sanitisers.
- Other accessories – You can carry a transparent water bottle with you during the examination.
What Not to Carry to the CAT Exam Center?
- Shoes/Footwear with Thick soles and garments with large buttons are Not allowed in the examination.
- Mobile phones, electronic gadgets, watches, calculators, stationery items, papers, wallets, and goggles are not allowed inside the examination hall.
Note: A writing pad and pen will be provided to each student before the examination’s commencement. So, you do not need to carry any pen or paper with you inside the examination hall.
CAT 2022 Exam Day – Points to remember
- You will not be allowed to enter the hall once the Gate Closing Time is over. Also, you won’t be allowed to leave the hall until the paper ends.
- Due to Covid restrictions, social distancing needs to be maintained once inside the examination premises.
- Make sure that you know the whereabouts of your exam centre beforehand. If you are in a new city/town and not very sure of the transportation facilities, it is advised that you take some time out before the CAT to actually visit your centre so that there is no confusion on the examination day.
- You need to show the signed copy of the self-declaration form attached to the admit card to gain entry to the examination hall.
- If there is any technical or non-technical issue while giving your examination, do not panic; bring it to the attention of one of the invigilators, and he/she should be able to help you out.
- Ensure you do not type anything from the keyboard during the examination. This might lead to the termination of your paper. It is advised to keep the keyboard in a place that is not near your mouse or writing pad.
- Do not indulge in any sort of unfair means. If anyone asks for your help in some use of unfair means, bring it to the attention of the invigilator. You will be under electronic surveillance throughout the duration of the paper.
For the full list of CAT Official Guidelines, candidates can also refer to this CAT 2022 Official Exam Day Guidelines by IIMs.