SSC CPO Recruitment 2018 – 1223 SI & ASI Posts – Apply Online
Staff Selection Commission has issued a notification to fill the Posts of SI in Delhi Police, Central Armed Police Services (CAPFs) and Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Forces. Interested candidates, please check the following details given below.
Total no of Posts: 1223
Download SSC CPO Admit Card here: SSC CPO Admit Card Download
Vacancy Details of SSC CPO Recruitment 2018:
Sub-Inspector (Male) in Delhi Police:
Sub-Inspector (Female) in Delhi Police:
Sub-Inspector (GD) in CAPFs:
|Name of the Force||Category||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Total||ExS|
|CISF||Male||Vacancies will be intimated later.|
ASI (Executive) in CISF: Vacancies will be intimated later.
Mode of Apply: Online.
Job Location: Anywhere in India
Nationality: a citizen of India / a subject of Nepal / a subject of Bhutan
Age Limit: As on 01-08-2018
Minimum: 20 years
Maximum: 25 years
|SC / ST||05 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ExS)||03 years|
Educational Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
For the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police only: Male candidates must possess a valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) on the date fixed for Physical Endurance and Measurement Tests. However, the candidates who do not have a Valid Driving License for LMV (Motorcycle and Car) are eligible for all other posts in CAPFs.
Note: Candidates who have not acquired the educational qualification as on 01-08-2018 will not be eligible and need not apply
How to Apply: Candidates must apply through the official website https://ssc.nic.in/ or click on the “Apply Online” link given below.
Application Fees for SSC CPO Recruitment 2018:
General / OBC: Rs 100/-
SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/Women: No Fees
Selection Process of SSC CPO Recruitment 2018:
- Paper – I (Computer Based Examination)
2.Physical Standard Test (PST)/Physical Endurance Test (PET)
3.Paper – II (Computer Based Examination)
- Detailed Medical Examination.
Paper – I:
|Date of Exam||Part||Subject||No of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|04-06-2018 to 10-06-2018||I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||50||2 Hours|
|II||General Knowledge & General Awareness||50||50|
Paper – II:
|Date of Examination||Subject||No of Questions||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|01-12-2018||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
Note: There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper – I & Paper – II
Exam Syllabus of SSC CPO Recruitment 2018:
Paper – I:
General Intelligence & Reasoning: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. This component may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/ Number 9 Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, Number Series, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolic Operations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern- folding and completion, Indexing Address matching, Date & city matching Classification of centre codes/ roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/ numbers coding, decoding and classification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics if any.
General Knowledge and General Awareness: Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates‟ general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity, Indian Constitution, scientific Research etc.
Quantitative Aptitude: The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time & work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Comprehension: Candidates‟ ability to understand correct English, his basic comprehension, and writing ability, etc. would be tested.
Paper – II:
English Language & Comprehension: Questions in this components will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding and knowledge of English Language and will be based on error recognition, filling in the blanks (using verbs, preposition, articles etc), Vocabulary, Spellings, Grammar, Sentence Structure, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Phrases and Idiomatic use of Words, comprehension etc.
Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Endurance Test (PET):
|Category of Candidates||Height (in cm)||Chest (in Cm)|
|(i) For male candidates only (General)||170||80||85|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||165||80||85|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes||162.5||77||82|
|(ii) For Female candidates only (General)||157||–||–|
|For candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim||155||–||–|
|For all candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe||154||–||–|
Physical Endurance Test (For all Posts):
- For Male Candidates only:
- a) 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- b) 1.6 Km race in 6.5 minutes
- c) Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- d) High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- e) Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 meters in 3 chance
- For Female candidates only:
- a) 100 meters race in 18 seconds
- b) 800 meters race in 4 minutes
- c) Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- d) High Jump: 0.9 meters in 3 chances
Note: There shall be no minimum requirement of chest measurement for Female candidates.
Mode of Selection of SSC CPO Recruitment 2018:
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in PET/ PST Examination. The Commission shall have the discretion to fix different minimum qualifying marks in each part of Paper-I taking into consideration among others, category-wise vacancies and category-wise number of candidates.
- Only those candidates who qualified in PET/ PST Examination will be allowed to appear in Paper II Examination. PET/ PST are mandatory but qualifying in nature. Ex-Servicemen are not required to undergo PET.
- On the basis of their performance in Paper-I + Paper-II, candidates will be shortlisted for appearing in Medical Examination. Candidates, who are successful in Medical Examination, will be called for detailed Document Verification.
- All shortlisted candidates are required to come for Document Verification. Those failing to do so will not be considered for final selection. Candidates are required to submit all documents in original for verification at the time of Document Verification.
- Final selection will be made on the basis of aggregate marks scored by candidates in Paper I + Paper II. Allocation of candidates to various User Departments/ Forces will be made based on their merit position and the preference of posts exercised by them at the time of Document Verification.
For more details please go through the Official Notification given below