- 1 XAT 2024 Registration Last Date (Important Dates) | Changes in XAT 2024 Exam pattern
XAT 2024 Registration Last Date (Important Dates) | Changes in XAT 2024 Exam pattern
XAT is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur once every year on behalf of XAMI. XAT is widely known for its HR course offered by XLRI Jamshedpur. XAT is being conducted by XLRI for the past 74 years. Some other popular colleges under XAMI include XIMB Bangalore, and Even MICA College, famous for its Marketing MBA, also accepts XAT scores. More than 160 colleges are getting XAT scores. This article details Important dates for XAT, XAT Notification 2024, XAT Exam Details and latest exam advancements.
XAT 2024 Important Dates
|Registration Opening Date||15th July, 2023|
|Registration Closing Date||30th November, 2023|
|Admit Card Available for Download Date||20th December, 2023|
|XAT Exam Date||7th January, 2024 – Sunday – 2 PM to 5.30 PM|
|Shortlist for Interviews||January third week (Tentative)|
|Interviews date||Mid February – Mid March (Tentative)|
|Conversions and Wait lists||April, 2024 (Tentative)|
|Academic Sessions||Mid June, 2024 (Tentative)|
NRI or Foreign Nationals can also avail admission through XAT or GMAT.
XAT 2024 Exam Details
XAT 2024 Eligibility
- Students who are in their final years can apply.
- All graduates can apply irrespective of their academic background and percentages. Usually, other MBA exams mandate the requirement of a minimum of 50 % in their bachelor’s, but XAT does not.
XAT 2024 Registration Fees
- The registration fee for the XAT exam 2024 is Rs. 2100. It also includes GST.
- Candidates interested in other programmes should incur 200 each additionally.
XAT 2024 Part-1 Exam Pattern
|Section name||No. of questions||Total marks||Time duration|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26||175 minutes|
|Quantitative ability & Data Interpretation||28||28|
XAT 2024 Part-2 Exam Pattern
|Part II||Keyboard Testing||–||5 minutes|
(This test does not test your typing skills. This was introduced only to test the functionality of keyboard. Before 2022, there were issues in the keyboard during the on course of Part-3: GK and Essay Writing Section at various test centres across India. Hence, this section was introduced in order to stop any future inconveniences.)
XAT 2024 Part-3 Exam Pattern
Candidates will have a total of 25 minutes to complete the examination. Furthermore, it is worth noting that there will be no negative marking for Paper 2.
|Name of the section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|General Knowledge||25||30 minutes|
|Essay Writing||1 (1 out of 3 has to be chosen)|
(Remember that Essay and GK sections are not counted for merit listing)
- The exam is being conducted online every year.
- Another section comprises GK and an Essay that follows the first section.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct answer will give one mark and -0.25 for each incorrect answer. Also, the exam taker can leave up to 8 questions. Beyond eight questions, -0.10 gets deducted.
- The exam is therefore conducted for a total of 3 hr 30 minutes.
- Part 1 for 175 minutes
- Part 2 for 5 minutes
- Part 3 for 30 minutes
XAT 2024 Latest Advancements
- The number of seats in XLRI Jamshedpur for PGDM (BM) has increased from 180 to 240.
- XLRI Delhi NCR campus has also expanded its seat capacity from 180 seats to 240.
- Exam duration has been increased to 3 hrs 30 minutes.