SSC CGL 2020 Tier-1 Exam General Awareness Strategy
SSC CGL Exam’s General Awareness (GA) and General Knowledge (GK) section is regarded as one of the highest-scoring classes. Its goal is to test candidate’s general awareness and knowledge of current events in the world and in India. You will attempt more questions with less time and perform well in the GA and GK sections if you prepare well and study. Negative marking opportunities are also confined in this section.
Know the previous year marks so that you can prepare according to the that and have a study plan. Topics and questions asked from the General Awareness Section in previous years are some of the most relevant things to keep in mind when studying for every exam:
|Topics||No. Of Questions asked in SSC CGL 2019||No. Of Questions asked in SSC CGL 2017||No. Of Questions asked in SSC CGL 2016|
Make sure you are familiar with the whole SSC syllabus. Take a printout of the syllabus and make a list of the topics on which you are rusty. The topics covered in the SSC CGL General Awareness section are listed below.
- Static GK – General Knowledge hat includes History
- Geography, Polity, Economics, of India & neighbouring countries.
- Current Affairs & Current Events.
- Sports, Books & Authors, Important Government Schemes & Portfolios.
Static GK: This segment accounts for approximately 40 percent of the General Awareness Section, with questions ranging from Indian Politics, History and Culture, Economy, Geography, and so on.
General Science: This segment is about 40 percent of the General Awareness Section with questions from the topics of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Daily Science.
Miscellaneous: This section addresses about 10 percent of the General Awareness Section questions, which address subjects such as National Schemes, Computers, Book Names and Writers, Logical Analysis, and Important Days.
Current Affairs: This segment is projected to account for about 10 percent of the General Awareness Section, and questions are posed on subjects such as new developments in sports, awards, politics, finance and banking, international happenings.
Download SSC CGL Previous Papers PDF
Download SSC CHSL Previous Papers PDF
5 Tips to remember when learning General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Important Topics to Practice: Students will use the above-mentioned chapter-by-chapter review to concentrate on the most critical topics.
- Read the complete question first: Students must stop making the mistake of reading incomplete questions and, as a result, arrive at incorrect responses. Read the questions closely to make sure you understand what’s being asked.
- Regular Practice: To boost your efficiency and precision, make it a habit to practice previous year papers and mock tests every day.
- Avoid any guesswork: Guesswork will lead to incorrect results, resulting in more negative marks. Even if you are unsure about the correct answer, don’t spend too much time on one question and move on to the next.
- Focus on weak areas: First, try to concentrate on the weak areas & devote more effort to enhancing them. Spend more time on weak areas & less time on your key strengths
Hope this information will be useful for you in the SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Preparation. Stay tuned for more updates about exams.