Download SSC CGL Previous Papers PDF
Download SSC CHSL Previous Papers PDF
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s principal central recruitment agency. It is in charge of all recruitment and tests for all services in India (Group A & Group B).
- The Public Service Commission was founded as a recruiting agency on October 1, 1926, and was renamed the Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935. It was renamed Union Public Service Commission after the country gained independence.
- It talks with the Indian government on various issues such as appointments, transfers, and promotions. Part XIV of the Indian Constitution, titled Services Under the Union and the States, grants the institution its charter.
- UPSC is typically made up of 9 to 11 members, including the Chairman.
- UPSC currently has a chairman and ten members. The President of India appoints the UPSC Chairman and other members. Each member serves for six years or until he reaches the age of 65.
- Members can quit during the term by writing to the President and informing him or her of their decision. The President can also remove Chaimans following the constitution’s procedures.
Check List of Important Days & Dates
- Article 315 of the Indian Constitution deals with Public Service Commissions
- Article 316 deals with the appointment and term of office of members
Here the list of High Courts in India PDF & the list of Prime Ministers of India from 1947 to 2021 PDF with their tenures is very useful to you.
Hope this information will be useful for you in the Government Job Exam Preparation. Stay tuned for more updates about exams.
Join Exam Preparation Telegram Group