List of Thermal Power Plants in India with Capacity PDF download consists of all the important (major) thermal power plants in India. It gives the list of thermal power plants in India their Plant names, commissioned date, Plant Capacity (MW) , Plant location and Operator (the organisation under which the thermal power station is operated).
List of Thermal Power Plants in India with Capacity:
|#||Plant & Commissioned Date||Location||Capacity
|1.||Vindhyachal Thermal Power Station (1987)||Singrauli,
|2.||Mundra Thermal Power Station (May 2009)||Mundra,
Kutch district, Gujarat
|3.||Mundra Ultra Mega Power Plant (March 2009)||Mundra,
Kutch district, Gujarat
|4,000||Gujarat Power Limited (CGPL), a subsidiary of Tata Power|
|4.||Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project (March 2013)||Sasan, Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh||3,960||Sasan Power, a subsidiary of Reliance Power|
|5.||Jindal Tamnar Thermal Power Plant (Dec 2007)||Tamnar,
Raigarh district, Chhattisgarh
|3,400||Jindal Power Limited, subsidiary of Jindal Steel & Power|
|6.||Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station (Aug 1983)||Urjanagar,
Chandrapur district, Maharashtra
(Govt of Maharastra)
|7.||Tiroda Thermal Power Station (Sept 2012)||Tirora,
Gondia district, Maharashtra
|8.||Talcher Super Thermal Power Station (Feb 1995)||Angul district,
|9.||Sipat Super Thermal Power Station or Rajiv Gandhi Super Thermal Power Station (Aug 2008)||Sipat,
Bilaspur district, Chhattisgarh
|10.||NTPC Dadri (Oct 1991)||Dadri,
Gautam Budh Nagar district, Uttar Pradesh
|Ramagundam Peddapalli district, Telangana||2,600||NTPC|
|12.||Korba Super Thermal Power Plant (March 1983)||Jamnipali,
Korba district, Chhattisgarh
|13.||Rihand Thermal Power Station||Renukut,
Sonbhadra district, Uttar Pradesh
|14.||Sterlite Jharsuguda Power Station (Aug 2010)||Jharsuguda,
Jharsuguda district, Odisha
|2,400||Sterlite Energy, a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources|
|15.||Kahalgaon Super Thermal Power Station (March 1992)||Kahalgaon, Bhagalpur district, Bihar||2,340||NTPC|
|16.||NTPC Mouda (March 2013)||Mouda,
Nagpur district, Maharashtra
|17.||Farakka Super Thermal Power Station (Jan 1986)||Nabarun Murshidabad district, West Bengal||2,100||NTPC|
|18.||Simhadri Super Thermal Power Station (Feb 2002)||Visakhapatnam,
|19.||Singrauli Super Thermal Power Station (Feb 1982)||Shaktinagar, Sonebhadra district, Uttar Pradesh||2,000||NTPC|
|20.||Kudgi Super Thermal Power Station ( Dec 2016)||Kudgi,
Bijapur district, Karnataka
|21.||Sri Damodaram Sanjeevaiah Thermal Power Station (March 2014)||Krishnapatnam, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh||1600||Joint Venture of APGENCO (50%) & IL AND FS(50%)|
|22.||Feroze Gandhi Unchahar Thermal Power Station
Raebareli district, Uttar Pradesh
|23.||Wanakbori Thermal Power Station (March 1982)||Wanakbori,
Kheda district, Gujarat
(Govt. of Gujarat)
|24.||Barh Super Thermal Power Station (Oct 2013)||Barh,
Key Notes to remember from the List of Thermal Power Plants in India with Capacity PDF:
- Thermal power is the “largest” source of power in India. About 71% of electricity consumed in India are generated by thermal power plants.
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited is the power project to meet the power demand of National Capital Region (India) with Headquarters in New Delhi.
- Gurdeep Singh is the present CMD of NTPC (As of Sept 2017).
- Vindhyachal Thermal Power Station, Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh is the largest power producer in the country.
- NTPC Ramagundam is the first ISO 14001 certified “Super Thermal Power Station” in India.
- NTPC Dadri is a coal-fired (1820 MW) as well as gas-fired (817 MW) plant located in Gautam Budh Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
- NTPC is a Maharatna Company with 20 coal based power stations and the largest thermal power generating company in the country. The company has a coal based installed capacity of 38,755 MW.
- Simhadri is the first coastal coal fired thermal power station of NTPC Limited.
- Singrauli Super Thermal Power Plant located at Shaktinagar in Sonebhadra district of Uttar Pradesh is the first power plant of NTPC.
- Mundra Thermal Power Station by Adani Group is largest private thermal power producer.
- RK Singh is the Present Minister of State (Independent charge) for Power and Renewable Energy (As of Sept 2017).
Thus you have download the List of Thermal Power Plants in India with Capacity PDF, you can also download the list of Nuclear power plants in India PDF.
Solve free Online GK tests with answers to crack GK section in Competitive exams.
You can Download the pdf of Indian Rivers Origin and Destination to learn more General Knowledge.
Please whatsapp “JOB” to 7661025557 to receive more important updates on jobs. Please subscribe to our blog to receive more General knowledge and Current affairs pdf directly in your mailbox.