IBPS PO Study Plan 2018 – Prepare for IBPS PO in 2 Months:
IBPS PO exam is scheduled for the 13th of October. IBPS has introduced some changes in the pattern of the exam this time. The exam is less than 2 months away. IBPS PO online preparation can be helpful in preparing for the exam within the limited time available. In this article, let us see how to prepare for IBPS PO in 60 days and how to draft an IBPS PO study plan for 60 days.
Aspirants should go through the previous year papers of IBPS PO to know about the nature of the exam. Going through the papers will help aspirants realize that though the pattern of the exam has changed over the years, the core competencies that the exam tests have managed to remain the same. Aspirants should also take IBPS PO online mock tests regularly to keep track of their preparation. Analyzing the mock tests will help aspirants to realize where they go wrong, which in turn, will help them in making adjustments to their study plan to crack IBPS PO 2018.
How to prepare for IBPS PO in 60 days ?
Before moving on to how to draft a study plan for IBPS PO, let us have a look at the pattern of the prelims exam. The exam consists of 3 sections- English language, reasoning ability and quantitative aptitude. The English section contains 30 questions while the other 2 sections contain 35 questions each. Each question carries 1 mark and wrong answers carry a penalty of 0.25 marks.
IBPS has made some changes to the pattern of the exam this year. Each section will carry a sectional time limit of 20 minutes. Also, IBPS has made it clear that aspirants should clear both the sectional and overall cut offs to be considered for further rounds. The pattern of the IBPS PO mains exam has not undergone any change.
Since IBPS has introduced sectional time limits, aspirants can no longer afford to dedicate a disproportionate amount of time to their strong suits. It has now become mandatory for aspirants to perform decently in all three sections to have a shot at the mains exam. Aspirants must take these changes into account and the same should reflect while drafting the IBPS PO study plan.
Now, let us move on to how to prepare for IBPS PO in 60 days. Take a free IBPS mock to know your strengths and weaknesses. Based on the results of the mock, try to draft a study plan. Ensure that you allocate an ample amount of time to the topics you are weak at. Also, ensure that you practice your strong suits as well. Do not take things for granted.
How to draft a study plan to crack IBPS PO in 60 days ?
How to prepare in the first 30 days to IBPS PO exam:
- Make a list of the topics you need to prepare for.
- Allocate at least an hour a day to read. Having a reading habit will help to score well in the VARC section.
- Also, reading financial dailies can help in preparing for the GK section in the mains exam too.
- The most important topics in the reasoning section are puzzles, input-output, syllogism, blood relations, directions, inequalities, and arrangements. Allocate at least 2 days to revise each of these topics.
- Similarly, the most important topics in the quants section are approximation, number series, DI, quadratic equations and word problems. Allocate at least a week to master approximation, DI, and quadratic equations.
How to prepare in the last 30 days to crack IBPS PO 2018:
- Take at least 3 mocks a week in the last 30 days.
- After taking each mock, analyze the mock thoroughly to understand where you went wrong.
- Ensure that you do not repeat the same mistakes in the forthcoming mocks.
- Also, if you find your knowledge of a particular topic to be wanting, do not hesitate to go back to the drawing room and start over again.
- In the last 30 days, experiment with various strategies and select the one that suits you the most. Put the strategy you have chosen to test in the mocks and refine it continuously.
- Also, do not be too rigid with the strategy. Ensure that your strategy is flexible enough to accommodate for any unexpected changes that the exam may throw at you.
We hope that this article would have helped you to get some idea about how to prepare for IBPS PO in 60 days and how to draft a IBPS PO study plan for 60 days. For more useful articles regarding IBPS PO, try going through IBPS PO in hand salary after 7th pay commission.