How to prepare for TISSNET 2022: Tips and Strategy
TISSNET is conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, also known as TISS. At its numerous institutes, they provide a variety of Master’s programs. M.A. in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations, Social Entrepreneurship, or Organization Development, Change, and Leadership is the most sought-after degree for management aspirants. Every year, a large number of candidates apply for TISSNET and fight for a restricted number of seats in each course. As a result, in order to ace the exam, candidates must establish a solid study timetable and approach to prepare for TISSNET 2022.
Get 5 TISSNET Mocks – Just Rs. 299
Download TISSNET Previous Papers PDF
TISSNET 2022 Important Dates
Here are some important dates for the TISSNET 2022 exam.
|Registration Last Date||Feb 07, 2022|
|Admit card release date||Feb 14-21, 2022|
|TISSNET Exam date||Feb 26, 2022 (2 pm to 3.40 pm)|
|Test duration||1 hr & 40 minutes|
|TISSNET 2022 Results||4th week of March (Tentative)|
APPLY for the TISSNET 2022 Exam (direct link)
TISSNET 2022 Exam Pattern
TISSNET is a 100-question MCQ-based online exam. The exam contains NO Negative Marking. The TISSNET exam is divided into three components and will last 1 hour and 40 minutes. Each right answer will be worth one point.
|Sections||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Mathematics and logical reasoning||30||30|
TISSNET 2022 Preparation Strategy – Overview
The preparation strategy can be divided into three sections: concept-driven, practice-intensive, and environmentally sensitive.
- Mathematics and certain areas of English Language Proficiency are concept-driven, so it is recommended that you brush up on your fundamentals in these areas to achieve the necessary proficiency.
- Logical Reasoning and certain sections of English Language Proficiency require extensive practice, and it is recommended that you practice across a large number of identical problems to achieve the required comfort levels.
- The General Awareness portion is responsive to the environment and requires you to prepare both current and static awareness components.
Download Free MBA Preparation App
TISSNET 2022 Section-Wise Preparation Strategy
TISSNET 2022 will have sections on General Knowledge, English Proficiency, and Maths & Logical Reasoning. You may view the TISSNET 2022 section-by-section/subject-by-subject preparation approach here.
There is no need for extra preparation for the TISSNET 2022 English Proficiency component if you have a decent grasp of English. You can go over the topics again and then continue. Students who do not have a strong command of the subject should concentrate largely on the following issues –
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Word Substitution
- Correction of Sentences and Error Spotting
- Basic Grammar (Active and Passive Voice, Direct & Indirect Speech, Prepositions, etc.) Reading Comprehension
It is recommended that you practice at least two topics per day. When it comes to vocabulary, aim to acquire new/complex words as well as their meanings, antonyms, and synonyms. Understand the basic grammatical rules and practice activities on the relevant area in terms of grammar.
Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
If you are preparing for the TISSNET 2022 exam, you should prioritize the TISSNET exam’s Mathematics & Logical Reasoning part. This area includes Quantitative Aptitude, DI, and LR questions (Logical Reasoning).
- Basic Geometry
- Basic Set Concepts
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Ratio & Proportion
- Basic Algebra
- Simultaneous Equations
- Number Theory
- Logical Reasoning with reference to the following types of questions:-
- Identifying patterns in number sets
- Determining the validity of conclusions based on given premises
You must comprehend the concept/basics linked with the content in this section. If you grasp the fundamentals better, you should be able to solve the problems in this section with ease. On the other side, you must focus on taking enough mock tests to improve your problem-solving accuracy.
- In TISSNET, scoring more than 30 points in the General Knowledge section is not tough.
- You have a better chance of getting full marks in this part if you read newspapers on a daily basis and keep up with current events.
- General Knowledge questions will cover a variety of themes such as history, economics, politics, and so on. It is advisable to keep key occasions, prizes, and so on in mind.
- Make a note of all the referred topics, important news/events, and current happenings so you may refer to them the day before the exam.
- TISSNET preparation books are available on the market to assist candidates with TISSNET preparation.
- Mock tests should be taken frequently to increase knowledge and accuracy.
Overall, it will assist you in following a three-pronged approach:
- A systematic approach to preparation will assist you in mastering each section. Concentrate on concept understanding and expand your knowledge by going through each of the topics listed above.
- Practicing questions of varying difficulty levels will help you do even better. Time management and question selection are important considerations for candidates studying for the TISS-NET.
- Practice fake tests to develop a test-taking strategy. These examinations will assist you in developing test-taking skills such as time management, prioritization, and striking the proper balance between accuracy and speed.
Candidates can Join our Telegram group of MBA aspirants for quick and regular exam updates.
Enroll for CAT 2022 Complete Course