Monthly Current Affairs April 2018 PDF:
Download month wise current affairs to answer monthly online quiz test and questions. This is April 2018 Current affairs PDF. An important capsule for banking (IBPS, SBI PO and Clerk, SSC CHSL, UPSC (civil services) and other exams
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
|Chairman of Boao Forum||Ban Ki Moon|
|Ambassador of India to republic of Serbia||Subrata Bhattacharjee|
|Ambassador of India to republic of Korea||Sripriya Ranganathan|
|Ambassador of India to Egypt||Rahul Kulshreshth|
|Ambassador of India to Kingdom of Norway||Krishan Kumar|
|Ambassador of India to Czech Republic||Narinder Chauhan|
|President of Sierra Leone||Julius Maada Bio|
|President of Paraguay||Mario Abdo Benetiz|
|India elected to the Executive Boards of UN bodies, term starting from January 2019||UN Population Fund
UN Development Programme
UN Office for project services
NGO Committee within Asia-Pacific Group
|Banking, Business and Economy|
|MD and CEO of Jio Payments Bank
A joint venture between
SBI and Reliance India Ltd
|H Sri Krishnan|
|MD and CEO of SBI Life||Sanjeev Nautiyal|
|President of NASSCOM 2018-19||Debjani Ghosh|
|Chairman of NASSCOM 2018-19||Rashid Premji|
|Vice Chairman of NASSCOM 2018-19||Keshav Murugesh|
|MD and CEO of Bandhan Bank||Chandra Shekar Ghosh
(Re-appointed as MD and CEO)
|Chairman of Bankers Board Bureau||Bhanu Pratap Sharma|
|Secretary General of FICCI||Dilip Shenoy|
|MD and CEO of Kotak Mahindra Bank||Uday Kotak
|Other Important Appointments|
|Director General of National Cadet Corps||P P Malhotra|
|Director General of National Testing Agency||Vineet Joshi|
|Director General of Indian Council of Medical Research||Balram Bhargava|
|Director General of CISF||Rajesh Ranjan|
|Interim Chairman of Lalit Kala Academi||M L Srivastava|
|Chairman of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority||Rakesh Kumar Vats|
|First Women Lawyer to become a Supreme Court Judge||Indu Malhotra|
|Interim CEO of Airlines – Indigo||Rahul Bhatia|
|President of Badminton Association of India||Himanta Biswa Sarma|
|President of Indian Women’s Press Corps||T K Rajalakshmi|
|Member of UPSC Board||M Sathiyavathy|
|President of FICCI Ladies Organization||Pinky Reddy|
IMPORTANT AWARDS AND HONORS
|Winner of FICCI FLO Award – Banking and Finance||MD and CEO of ICICI
|PM Modi honors officials of Manipur for making the first Cashless Island of the Country||Karang Island|
|ESPN – Multisport Awards||– Sportsperson of the Year (Male)
Kidambi Srinkant– Sportsperson of the Year (Female)
P V Sindhu– Best CoachPullela Gopichand– Team of the YearIndian National Women’s Hockey Team
|India’s cleanest airport
by Airports Authority of India
|Mangalore International Airport|
|Sportsperson to receive Padma Bhushan 2018||– Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Cricket)
– Pankaj Advani (Billiards)
|Best emerging online education portal in India
At the World Education Summit held in New Delhi
|– Study Khazana|
|“State of the Year Award”
at the India Business Leaders Award in New Delhi
|Shorenstein Journalism Award 2017
at the Stanford University
|65th National Film Awards 2018||Best Film – Village Rockstars (Assamese)
Best Actor – Riddhi Sen for Nagar Kirtan
Best Actress – Sridevi for “Mom”
Best Director – Jayaraj for “Bhayanakam”
Best Music Direction – A R Rehman for Katru Veliyidayi
|Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement Award
instituted by Government of Maharashtra
|BAFTA Special Award
by British Academy Television Craft Awards
|Game of Thrones|
|Pulitzer Prize 2018||– Andrew Sean Greer author of “Less”
– DAMN by Kendrick Lamar
– New York Times (Journalism)
|Most Film Friendly Award 2017||Maharashtra|
|Outstanding Brand Builder Award by Advertising Agencies Association of India||MD and CEO of YES Bank
|Banco Award for best performing cooperative Bank||Bhuj Mercantile Cooperative Bank|
|Lifetime Contribution to Media Award
by All India Management Association
|Bennett, Coleman and Co Chairman
|Dadasaheb Phalke Award||Best Actor – Shahid Kapoor
Best Actress – Aditi Rao Hydari
Lifetime Achievement Award – Simi Garewal
Best Director – Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari
|UNESCO Press Freedom Prize||Abu Zeid
Jailed Egyptian Photojournalist
|Martha Farrell Award for excellence in women’s empowerment||Nadiya Shafi|
|National Intellectual Property Award 2018||Central Scientific and Industrial Research|
|Saraswati Samman 2017||Sitanshu Yashaschandra (Gujrati Poet)|
|PM excellence award for promoting digital payments and cashless economy||Budgam (Dist) Jammu and Kashmir|
|PFA Football Player of the Year
(Professional Footballer’s Association)
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- Atal Pension Yojana customer base has registered 97 Lakh at the end of 2017-18 as per a statement from government of India in April 2018.
- EXIM Bank of India has extended USD 4.5 Billion loan to Bangladesh for financing of various social and infrastructure projects.
- Reserve Bank of India has fined Rs 3 Crore on IDBI Bank for non – compliance of stipulated norms on reporting of bad loans.
- Indian Bank launched PFMS- Public Finance Management System and Bharat QR in April 2018.
- HDFC Bank has signed an agreement with Indian Army on Defence Salary Package Scheme in April 2018.
- Jio Payments bank commenced its operations in April 2018, which is a joint collaboration between Reliance Industries Ltd and State Bank of India. H Srikrishnan has been appointed as the MD and CEO of Jio Payments Bank.
- ICICI Bank has become the first India Bank to receive SWIFT’s improvised cross border payment service.
- World Bank has signed a loan agreement of USD 48 Million with government of India for community led landscape management in Meghalaya
- Government of India has signed a loan agreement of USD 420 Million with world bank for benefitting small and marginal farmers in Marathwada and Vidarbha Districts of Maharashtra.
- State Bank of India has announced to invest Rs 80 Billion in ARUN – III hydroelectric power project of Nepal.
- Reserve Bank of India in its recent monetary policy has announced shifting from the existing GVA – Gross Value Added model of the economy to GDP – Gross Domestic Product.
- Government of India hiked the investment limit for Foreign Portfolio Investors in government securities from existing 5% of outstanding stock to 5.5% in 2018-19 and 6% in 2019-20.
- Growth of Indian economy is estimated at 7.3% in 2018 and 7.6% in 2019 by Asian Development Bank in its recent report Asian Development Outlook.
- NABARD has recently announced to raise its refinance portfolio to Rs 80,000 crore in 2018 to improve the agriculture and rural economy of the country.
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Board as approved USD 140 Million for improving the rural road connectivity in Madhya Pradesh, the project will be co- financed by World Bank
- World Bank has approved USD 55 Million loan to Bangladesh to expand the use of clean energy renewable resources in rural areas of the country.
- SIDBI has signed up with Common Services Centre to run micro enterprises promotion programme in 115 aspirational districts of the country.
- National e-Repository limited has roped in ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank as the repository participants for offering pledge refinancing against electronic negotiable warehouse receipts.
- Government of India recently amended NABARD bill 2017 to raise the authorized capital of NABARD to Rs 30000 Crore and transfer of Rs 20 Crore share capital of Reserve Bank of India in NABARD to Government of India.
- Bandhan Bank among the top 50 most valuable banks in India as per market capitalization.
- HDFC Bank has retained the position of most valuable bank of India in terms of market capitalization followed by Kotak Mahindra Bank which surpassed State Bank of India in April 2018.
- NABARD has extended a total credit of Rs 14,600 crore to Rajasthan government in 2017-18 for irrigation project, construction of roads and drinking water projects in the state.
- As per TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018, State Bank of India has emerged as the most trusted bank in India in overall category and ICICI Bank among Private Sector Banks category.
- “Kamao App” has been launched by AU Small Finance Bank in april 2018.
- Indian Overseas Bank has signed an agreement of Information utility service with National e-Repository Services Limited in April 2018
- As per the Global Findex report launched by World Bank in April 2018, India was applauded for rapid increase in financial inclusion from 2014-17. The report has stated that 55% of all the account opened in the world in 2014-17 is from India. The percentage of adult bank accounts in the country has reached 80% in 2017 which is a tremendous achievement.
- World Bank Group has approved increase of USD 13 Billion (7.5 Billion for IBRD and 5.5 Billion for IFC) increase in Paid-in Capital for increasing the scope of funding in the coming years.
- Asian Development Bank has approved a loan of Rs 1700 Crores to Uttarakhand government for infrastructure development in Urban Areas.
- HDFC Bank has unveiled second version of interactive humanoid IRA 2.0 in Bangalore.
- Public Finance Management System portal has crossed a record transaction worth Rs 71,633,.45 Crore on a single day in April 2018
- Government of India has signed a loan agreement of USD 210 Million with world bank for rural connectivity road project in Madhya Pradesh.
- Government of India has signed a loan agreement of USD 125 Million with IBRD – World Bank for Innovate in India for Inclusiveness Project.
- Fitch ratings has rated India’s sovereign rating at BBB- with stable outlook
- India’s economy growth rate for 2018-19 has been projected at 7.5% by Deutsche Bank in April 2018.
- Paytm Payments Bank has registered 100 Million KYC Wallets in April 2018.
- SIDBI celebrated its foundation day on April 02 2018, Samridhi a virtual assistant has been launched on the occasion.
- Indian forex reserves have reached a record high of USD 424.86 Billion in April 2018 as per a report from RBI
- India’s growth rate is estimated at 7.4% in 2018 by International Monetary Fund. India in april has become the 6th largest economy in the world.
- Tata Consultancy Services has become the first IT company in India to cross USD 100 Billion.
- India has become the second largest mobile phone producer as per the information released by Indian Cellular Association. China is the largest producer of the mobiles in the world.
- Indus Ind Bank has received Reserve Bank of India approval for buying IL and FS Securities Services Ltd.
- Softbank group of Japan and GCL system integration technology co joint venture are going to launch USD 930 Million solar venture in India.
- India has become the second largest manufacturer of crude steel in the world as per steel users’ federation of India in April 2018.
- Reliance Infrastructure Ltd has won Rs 1081 crore contract for two projects in Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, it was awarded by Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd.
- Confederation of Indian Industry has estimated India’s growth rate at 7.3% – 7.7% in 2018-19.
- India has topped the list of world’s highest remittance receiver in 2017-18 with USD 69 Billion.
- Government of India has collected Rs 7.41 Trillion under GST as on March 31 2018.
- NABARD in its recent statement has announced that it has provided Rs 10012 Crore to Uttar Pradesh government in 2017-18.
- Government of India signed an agreement with World Bank for USD 250 Million for National Biopharma Mission implemented by Biotech Industry Research Assistance Council. USD 125 Million (50%) will be funded by world bank.
- Darpan(Digital Advancement of Rural Post Office for New India)-PLI has launched by minister of state for communication – Manoj Sinha which will assist in collection of premium of PLI and rural PLI and also in updating of policies online.
- India’s first ever van dhan vikas Kendra has been set up in Bijapur, Chhattisgarh.
- Madhubani Railway Station in Bihar has got a makeover with Mithila paintings.
- India home health care has launched India’s first ICU Simulation Lab to train nursing staff.
- 09-3x Dynamic Tamping Express, Indian Railways inducts new machines for mechanized track maintenance
- India is building railway link between Raxaul in Bihar to Kathmandu in Nepal for better People to People connectivity and bulk movement of goods.
- As per the recent National Criminal Records Bureau, crime against SC/ST is lowest in West Bengal
- Draft National Clear Air Programme has been launched by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change.
- Defence and Aerospace SME fund will be setup by government of India to channelize investments in two Defence corridors in Tamilnadu and UP announced by GOI recently.
- The target year for completion of Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana Phase-1 has been rescheduled to 2019 from 2022.
- A multi modal national logistics park has been inaugurated in Madgaon, Goa which was set up a t a cost of Rs 43 Crore.
- Visitor Friendly world class infrastructure facilities have been inaugurated at Konark Temple in Odisha in April 2018
- Minister of Commerce and Industry has launched three online portals as a part of digital initiative developed by Export Inspection Council in April 2018
- Government of India has launched UTTAM App for consumers to monitor the process of third party sampling of coal across Coal India Limited subsidiaries.
- Uzhavan App has been launched by government of Tamilnadu to assist farmers in the state on 9 different services.
- Government of Goa has launched its own app based taxi service for assisting taxi operators in the state.
- Study in India portal of Ministry of HRD has been launched by Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj.
- Ministry of HRD has launched Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0 IIT Delhi has been selected as the National Coordinating Institute for the mission.
- Himachal Pradesh Government has decided to introduce free-heli services for offering services to patients in remote villages in the state.
- Assam Spring Festival has been organized at Manas National Park in Assam on 7th April 2018.
- New Delhi has become the first state in the country to introduce EURO VI fuel.
- Ministry of Tourism with Ministry of Culture and Archaeological Survey of India has launched Adopt a heritage site to provide world class tourism facilities. The entities adopting sites under their CSR programme will be named Monument Mitras.
- CBDT has formed a 5-member working group to study taxation aspects related to HNIs who are migrating to other jurisdictions, the committee is headed by Pragya Sahay Saxena.
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has proposed a wifi grid to bring down the cost of internet by 90% in the coming years.
- Walmiki and Malhar two unknown languages spoken in Odisha and bordering states of Andhra Pradesh have been discovered by Prof Panchanan Mohanty of University of Hyderabad in April 2018.
- PM Narendra Modi has launched India’s most powerful locomotive 1200 Horse Power from Bihar’s Madhepura locomotive factory in which is the biggest make in india project has been developed in association with Alstom Company of France.
- New Website and Portal has been launched for National Commission for Safai Karamcharis.
- The first health and wellness center as a part of Ayushman Bharat Scheme has been launched in Jangla Village of Bijapur District in Chhattisgarh.
- QUEST – Quality Evaluation for Sustainable Transformation a tribal development center has been launched by government of Maharashtra.
- Setting up of a tiger conservation foundation in Dudhwa National Park has been approved by government of Uttar Pradesh in April 2018.
- India’s largest Solar Park is being set up in Dholera Investment Region of Gujarat.
- India’s fist 5G lab – MIMO lab has been inaugurated in Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Food and Agriculture Organization has designated 14 new sites as Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Systems since 2016
- Telecom Authority of India has launched beta portal for comparing tele companies’ tariffs.
- Government of Chhattisgarh is distributing 50 lakh smart phones under its Sanchar Kranti Yojana
- Government of India has approved restructuring of Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan which will be implemented from April 01 2018 to March 31 2022 with an outlay of 7255.50 crore which will benefit 2.55 lakh Panchayati Raj Institutions.
- Government of India has approved minimum support price of Raw Jute for 2018-19 at Rs 3,700.
- Minister of Home Affairs – Rajnath Singh has launched e-FRRO scheme which will assist foreigners in India to get visa related services at the comfort of home.
- Taipei World Trade Center has been inaugurated recently in New Delhi
- Digambarpur Gram Panchayat of West Bengal has been adjudged the best gram panchayat in the country recently in april 2018.
- Suderban Reserve Forest which consists of the 43% mangrove cover in India will soon be declared as the Ramsar site.
- UT – Diu becomes the first city in the country to be run on 100% renewable energy during day time.
- High Court of Madras has become the first court in south India to introduce e-fee payment facility.
- Adilabad – Dokra, an ancient bell metal craft and Dhurries- a popular cotton rug of Warangal have been issued geographical tag by GI Registry – Chennai.
- Prototype Intelligent Traffic Management City is being tested in electronic city of Bengaluru
- NITI Aayog has tied up with ITC ltd for collaborating in the field of agriculture – increase net returns in farming by reducing costs of production and increasing productivity of major crops
- India’s first Industrial Solar Microgrid inaugurated in Vadodara, Gujarat.
- Chief Minister of Sikkim has become the India’s longest serving chief minister – Pawan Kumar Chamling assumed power in 1994.
- As per the recent National Institute of Ranking Framework rankings, IISc Bangalore has been adjudged the best Institution in overall category, IIT-M as the best engineering college, IIM-The best management institution, AIIMS Delhi best Medical College and NLSIU, Bangalore best law college in the country.
- India has been placed on the priority watch list by United Nations Trade Representative as per the 2018 edition of the Special 301 report for its outstanding challenges in Intellectual Property Framework.
- Vietnam has been projected to be the fastest growing nation in terms of air traffic by 2022 followed by India.
- New Zealand government has banned all new off shore oil explorations in the country to shift towards a carbon neutral country in coming years.
- United Nations has launched road safety trust fund as an initiative to save lives and prevent loss of opportunity associated with road accidents.
- Bisket Jatra, a 9-day festival welcoming Nepalese New Year has been celebrated in Nepal in April 2018
- Ban has been imposed on banks from using cryptocurrencies in Iran as it fears cryptocurrencies can be used for financing terrorism and money laundering.
- Google has been adjudged as the most trusted brand in India as per the TRA’s Brand Trust Report 2018.
- The honor “Order of the Lion” has been bestowed on President Ram Nath Kovind by the King of Swaziland Mswati III as an acknowledgement for India’s contributions to the development of Swaziland. China is set to unveil world’s longest (55 Km) sea bridge in 2018 connecting Macau, Hong Kong and Mainland China.
- Qatar has introduced national service for women in the country.
- Indian Origin Veena Sahajwala has launched world’s first micro factory that can transform electronic waste to valuable materials for re-use
- UAE has recently approved the bill of equal pay for men and women in the country.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitaraman has visited Russia to attend the seventh Moscow conference on International Security.
Download Countries and currencies PDF
SUMMITS, CONFERENCES AND COMMITTEES
|Summit||Inaugurated by /
Headed by / Organized by
|114th Indus Commission meet||India Represented by PK Saxena||New Delhi|
|9th Tri-Lateral meeting of India – US – Japan||Attended by Director General/ Assistant Secretary Level delegation from all countries||New Delhi|
|NITI Aayog forum for Northeast||Chaired by Vice – Chairman Rajiv Kumar||Agartala
|1st meeting of national council on India’s nutritional challenges||POSHAN Abhiyaan||New Delhi|
|1st meeting of think tank on e-commerce||Minister of Commerce and Industry – Suresh Prabhu||New Delhi|
|1st Regional Conference of Eastern States on Water Resources||Organized by Ministry of Water Resources||Kolkata|
The emerging Defence Manufacturing Hub
|India’s Mega Defence Exhibition – inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi||Chennai|
|Asia Pacific Regional Conference to UN convention to combat desertification||Organized by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and UNCCD||New Delhi|
|1st International Conference on water and environment||Inaugurated by Vice President of Nepal – Nanda Bahadur Pun||Kathmandu|
|India – Wiesbaden conference 2018||Hosted by Ministry of External Affairs, UNODA and Government of Germany||New Delhi|
|2-day regional conference on Urban Development : Technological Solutions and Governance Challenges||Organized by Ministry of Finance, ASSOCHAM and AIIB||Ahmedabad|
|National Kharif Conference 2018||Inaugurated by Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare – Radha Mohan Singh||New Delhi|
|International Buddhist Conference 2018||—||Lumbini, Nepal|
|2018 Boao forum for Asia||Keynote delivered by Chinese President
|International Conference of Accessible Tourism||—||Pokhara, Nepal|
|7th Moscow conference on International Security||Attended by
Minister of Defence
|16th International Energy Forum – Ministerial Meeting||hosted by India and
co-hosted by China and South Korea
|New Delhi, India
|G 20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet||Chaired by Argentina’s Treasury Minister Nicolas Dujovne||Washington DC, USA|
|25th Commonwealth Heads of Government||Commonwealth Index||London UK|
|1st meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors||Subhash Chandra Garg represented India in the meet||Washington DC, USA|
|World’s first female foreign ministers meet||Hosted by Canada along with European Union||Canada|
|2 day Secure India Conclave 2018||Organized by Global Counter Terrorism Council||New Delhi|
|India – China Informal Summit||—||Wuhan, China|
|11th World Hindi Congress in August 2018||Organized by Ministry of External Affairs in collaboration with Government of Mauritius||Port Lois, Mauritius
|1st International SME convention||—||New Delhi|
|3rd meeting of Island Development Agency||Minister of Home Affairs – Rajnath Singh||New Delhi|
|Global Logistics Summit||Dept of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, FICCI along with World Bank Group||New Delhi|
|Non Aligned Movement ministerial conference||Attended by Minister of External Affairs, Sushma Swaraj||Baku, Azerbaijan|
RANKING AND INDEX, DEFENCE – SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY BOOKS AND AUTHORS
RANKING AND INDEX
|Name of the Report||Publishing Organization||Rank of India||Rank 01
on the list
|National Institutional Ranking Frame Work||Government of India||Best overall Institution
Best Engineering College
|Best Medical College
Best Management Institution IIM – Ahmedabad
|Commonwealth Innovation Index||Commonwealth Heads of Govt Meeting, UNWIPO, Global Innovation Index||10th /30||United Kingdom|
|World Press Freedom Index 2018||Reporters Without Borders||138th/180||Norway|
|Fastest Growing Economy in terms of Air traffic||Airports Council International||2nd||Vietnam|
|Most Trusted Internet Brand in India||TRAs Brand Trust Report 2018||2nd – Facebook
3rd – Amazon
|Most Valuable Company in India in terms of Market Capitalization||—||HDFC||—|
|Internet Security Threat Report –
Vulnerable Countries to Cyber Attack
|World’s top 20 busiest Airports||Airports Council International||16th Indira Gandhi International Airport
|Hartsfield – Jackson Atlanta Airport
|World Economic Freedom Index 2018||Heritage Foundation, American Think-tank||130th/180||Hong Kong|
|Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2017||StartipBlink||37th/125||USA|
|World’s Largest Economy||IMF
World Economic Outlook 2018
|World’s Greatest Leaders 2018||Fortune Magazine 2018||24th
President Baseball Operations
|Ranstad Employee Brand Research 2018||Ranstad India||Microsoft Most Attractive Employer||—|
|Highest Paying City for Talent||Ranstad India||Bengaluru||—|
|India’s Most Trusted Bank||Trust Research Advisory’s Brand Trust Report 2018||State Bank of India||ICICI Bank in Private Sector Banks list|
DEFENCE, SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY NEWS
- Fresh License for Liquid Chlorine for Gujarat Alkalis and Chemicals Ltd on an all India basis has been granted by Bureau of Indian Standards
- Ministry of Earth Sciences is collaborating with Finland and US to develop new Pollution based forecast system.
- Desert Tiger – 5 Joint Military Exercise between UAE and Malaysia.
- Sagar Kavach – 2-day Coastal security exercise held in Kerala.
- Exercise – Harimau Shakthi between India and Malaysia will be conducted in Hulu Langat, Malaysia in May 2018.
- World’s smallest land fern – adder’s tongue ferns discovered in Western Ghats in Gujarat.
- Defence acquisition council chaired by Defence Minister – Nirmala Sitaraman approved Defence acquisition proposals of Rs 3687 Crores.
- Foal Eagle Drill – US and South Korea held in South Korea
- Sahyog – Hyeoblyeog joint military exercise between India and South Korea held in South Korea.
- Gaganshakhti 2018 launched by Indian Airforce along China, Pakistan borders.
- Giant mosquito with wing size 11.15 cms belonging to Holorusia Mikado species is discovered in China.
BOOKS and AUTHORS
|First copy of Dr BR Ambedkar – Vyakti Nehin Sankalp||Inaugurated by Vice President
M Venkaiah Naidu
|Day||Observed as||Observed by/ Theme|
|April 02nd||World Autism Awareness Day||United Nations/
Empowering Women and Children with Autism
|April 05th||National Maritime Day||Government of India
Indian Shipping – An Ocean of Opportunity
|April 07th||World Health Day||WHO
Universal Health Coverage, everyone, everywhere
|April 11th||National Safe Motherhood Day||Government of India/
Respectful Marital Care
|April 18th||World Heritage Day||UNESCO/
Heritage for Generations
|April 22nd||World Earth Day||End Plastic Pollution|
|April 25th||World Malaria Day||Ready to Beat Malaria|
|April 26th||World Intellectual Property Day||Powering Change Women in Innovation and Creativity|
|April 23rd – 29th – National Road Safety Week – Inaugurated by Nitin Gadkari|
|Chinese Grand Prix 2018||Daniel Ricciardo|
|Wisden Leading Cricketers of the Year||Male : Virat Kohli
Female: Mithali Raj
|Monte Carlo Masters Title – Tennis||Rafael Nadal|
|Country which topped south Asian Judo Championship Medals tally||India|
|PFA Player of the Year||Mohamed Salah|
|ATP Challenger Circuit Title
held in China
|Silver at Satellite Fencing Championship||CA Bhavani Devi|
|Santosh Trophy – Football||Kerala|
|Miami Open Title 2018 – Tennis||Men – John Isner
Women – Sloane Stephens
|ICC Test Rankings – Cricket||Steve Smith|
|Davis Cup – Tennis
held in Tianjin, China
|Barcelona Open Tennis Title||Rafael Nadal|
FIRSTS IN INDIA AND WORLD IN APRIL 2018
- Government of Kerala launched India’s first community radio to update farmers about latest updates in agriculture.
- The first health care center of Ayushman Bharat Mission has been launched in Jangla Village, Bijapur Dist, Chhattisgarh.
- First Van Dhan Vikas Kendra of Ministry of Tribal Affairs and TRIFED to be launched in Bijapur, Chattisgarh which will provide skill upgradation to people whose main source of livelihood is minor forest produce.
- First Indian city to roll out EURO VI fuel – New Delhi
- First ICU Simulation lab to train nursing staff has been set up by India Home Health Care in Bengaluru.
- India’s first most powerful electric locomotive (12000 HP) has been inaugurated from Bihar’s Madhepura facility jointly developed by Indian Railways and Alstom.
- India’s first 5G lab – MIMO has been inaugurated in IIT Delhi in April 2018
- First Indian filmmaker to have wax statue at Madame Tussauds Collection – Karan Johar
- India’s first cashless island of the country – Karang Island, Manipur
- First UT/ City in the country to run on 100% renewable energy during day time – Diu
- First Women Firefighter appointed by Airports Authority of India – Taniya Sanyal
- First Court in India to Introduce e-court fee payment facility – Madras High Court
- First ever mock exercise on Bio-disasters conducted in Patna by – National Disaster Management Authority
- India’s first Industrial Solar Microgrid installed – Vadodara, Gujarat.
- World’s first long distance (160 Km) electric bus line – Paris, UK.
- First Indian IT company to cross USD 100 Billion Market Capitalization – Tata Consultancy Services
- India’s longest Serving Chief Minister – Sikkim CM – Pawan Kumar Chamling.
- World’s longest (55 Km) Sea Bridge – China.
- First Indian Bank to go live on SWIFTS GPI service – ICICI Bank
- First Women lawyer to sworn in as supreme court judge – Indu Malhotra.
|Munin Barua||Assamese Film Maker|
|Surendra Nihal Singh||Journalist|
|T V R Shenoy||Journalist|
|Bhimsain Khurana||Indian Animation Expert|
|Nabi Tajima||World Oldest Person at 117|
|Tony Daniel||Former Indian Athlete|
We hope this current affairs of April 2018 PDF Capsule is useful to you.
Crack Government Exams the smarter way with “Cracku”
Cracku Wishes You All the Best for the upcoming RRB- ALP and Group D, SSC, NABARD Grade-A Assistant Manager, RBI Grade B and other Competitive exams.
Please follow www.cracku.in for more updates on General Awareness/Current Affairs