List of Stock Exchanges in the World PDF gives the list of major stock exchanges in the world and their headquarters. It also covers other important details related to stock exchanges in the world. This Stock exchanges list is very important for the banking exams like IBPS, SBI PO and Clerk, RRB and RBI exams. Take a free online mock test for SBI Clerk exam to practice GK questions in the main exam format. We can see that many questions are asked in the SBI Clerk Previous solved papers from this List of Stock Exchanges in the World PDF.
You can download the PDF or you can go through this excellent Blog of List of Stock Exchanges in the World.
Download General Science Study Material PDF
Download Important Awards and Honors in 2018 Quiz PDF
Download List of Stock Exchanges in the World PDF
Get 75 SBI PO mocks for just Rs. 199
Take RBI Grade-B Free Mock Tests
Download SSC CGL detailed syllabus PDF
List of Stock Exchanges in the World:
|1.||New York Stock Exchange
|United States||New York||It is the world’s largest exchange in terms of market capital and monthly trading|
|2.||National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations
|United States||New York|
|3.||London Stock Exchange Group
|United Kingdom & Italy||London|
|4.||Japan Exchange Group
|Japan||Tokyo||It is the Asia’s largest exchange in terms of market capital and monthly trading.|
|5.||Shanghai Stock Exchange
|China||Shanghai||The Shanghai Stock Exchange is still not entirely open to foreign investors due to tight capital account controls exercised by the Chinese mainland authorities and often manipulated by the decisions of their Central Government.|
|6.||Hong Kong Stock Exchange||Hong Kong||Hong Kong||It is traded as Hang Seng|
|Euronext is a stock exchange based in Amsterdam. Formerly known as the Amsterdam Stock Exchange, it merged on 22 September 2000 with the Brussels Stock Exchange and the Paris Stock Exchange to form Euronext.|
|8.||Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SZSE Composite)||China||Shenzhen|
|9.||Toronto Stock Exchange
|11||Bombay Stock Exchange
|India||Mumbai||The Bombay Stock Exchange is the oldest exchange in Asia.|
|12||National Stock Exchange of India
|13||SIX Swiss Exchange (SMI)
|14||Australian Securities Exchange
|15||Korea Exchange||South Korea||Busan &
|16||OMX Nordic Exchange
|Stockholm||Nasdaq Nordic is the common name for the subsidiaries of Nasdaq, Inc. that provide financial services and operate marketplaces for securities in the Nordic and Baltic countries|
|17||JSE Limited||South Africa||Johannesburg||Johannesburg Stock Exchange is the oldest existing and largest stock exchange in Africa.|
|18||BME Spanish Exchanges
|19||Taiwan Stock Exchange
100 Free General Knowledge Tests for Banking Exams
Key Notes from List of Stock Exchanges in the World PDF:
- Amsterdam Stock Exchange is the oldest stock exchange in the world established in 1602 by the Dutch East India Company. It was the first company to issue stocks and bonds. On 22 September 2000 it merged with the Brussels Stock Exchange and the Paris Stock Exchange to form Euronext.
- The New York Stock Exchange is nicknamed as “The Big Board”. is an American stock exchange located at 11 Wall Street, Lower Manhattan, New York City, New York.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange is the oldest exchange in Asia. Its MD & CEO Ashishkumar Chauhan.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) is an Indian stock exchange located at Dalal Street, Kala Ghoda, Mumbai (formerly Bombay), Maharashtra, India.
- The main difference between SENSEX and Nifty is that SENSEX is the stock market index for BSE Limited, while Nifty is the stock market index for National Stock Exchange (NSE). Another is that SENSEX is comprised of 30 stocks, while Nifty is comprised of 50 stocks.
- Vikram Limaye is the MD & CEO of National Stock Exchange of India.
- National Stock Exchange of India was founded in 1992.
- Commodity Exchange: an organized market where future delivery contracts for graded commodities (as grains, cotton, sugar, coffee, wool) are bought and sold.
- A commodity market is a market that trades in primary economic sector rather than manufactured products. Soft commodities are agricultural products such as wheat, coffee, cocoa, fruit and sugar. Hard commodities are mined, such as gold and oil.
- Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) (BSE: 534091) is an independent commodity exchange based in India. It was established in 2003 and is based in Mumbai.
- Sensex stands for Sensitive Index.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is the regulator for the securities market in India. It was established in the year 1988. Ajay Tyagi was its Chairman.
- Dividend: a sum of money paid regularly (typically annually) by a company to its shareholders out of its profits (or reserves).
- NASDAQ is the world’s first Electronic Stock Exchange.
What is Stock Exchange?
A market in which securities are bought and sold. A stock Market is also called Equity Market.
For more PDF’s visit GK questions and answer PDF for competitive exams.
What is Security?
A security is a tradable financial asset. The term commonly refers to any form of financial instrument, but its legal definition varies by jurisdiction.
As you have download our List of Stock Exchanges in the World PDF 2017, You can also download our List of Banks and their Taglines, headquarters & chairman’s PDF