IBPS has released the notification for the recruitment of POs. The number of vacancies this time is 4252. Though the number of vacancies has increased, IBPS has introduced some changes in the pattern of the prelims exam this time. Let us have a look at how these changes are likely to affect the IBPS PO Expected cut off 2018.
Though IBPS has made some tweaks to the pattern, going through IBPS PO past papers will help aspirants to understand the nature of the questions that appear in the exam. Aspirants should take IBPS PO online mock tests from time to time to ensure that their preparation stays on track. With just 60 days to go for the exam, IBPS PO online preparation can be of great help in improving the scores.
IBPS PO Expected Cut Off 2018:
Before moving on to IBPS PO expected cut off, let us have a look at the changes in the pattern of the exam and the IBPS PO cut offs in the previous years.
The prelims exam consists of 3 sections – English language, Reasoning Ability and Quantitative aptitude. The English language section consists of 30 questions and the other 2 sections consist of 35 questions each.
IBPS has introduced a sectional time limit of 20 minutes for each section this year. Therefore, aspirants cannot maximize their scores by allocating a huge amount of time to their section of strength. Also, IBPS has mentioned in the notification that each section will have a sectional cut off as well. The prelims exam is of qualifying nature.
The mains exam consists of 5 sections and carries 200 marks. Each section carries a separate time limit and sectional cut off. After the objective paper, candidates will have to answer a descriptive paper worth 25 marks as well.
Candidates who qualify the mains exam will appear for the interview. The score in the mains exam will carry a weightage of 80% and the interview will carry a weightage of 20% in the final selection. Therefore, aspirants must try to score as high as possible in the mains exam to improve their chances of getting selected.
IBPS PO Prelims expected Cut off 2018:
IBPS PO previous year (2017/2016/2015) cut offs:
The following table gives the prelims overall cut off to appear for the mains exam over the years.
IBPS PO 2018 prelims expected Change in Cut offs
- The sectional cut off for English section was 5 marks, reasoning ability was 10 marks and quantitative aptitude was 7.75 marks in 2017.
- Since IBPS has introduced sectional time limits this year, the sectional cut offs are likely to drop.
- The sectional cut off for any section is unlikely to go beyond 10.
- We can expect the overall cut off to fall within the range of 40 to 45 marks if the level of the exam remains similar to the one conducted last year.
IBPS PO Mains expected cut off 2018:
The prelims exam is of qualifying nature and the marks obtained in the prelims exam will not be included while preparing the final merit list. As mentioned earlier, the mains exam will carry a weightage of 80% in the final selection.
IBPS PO Previous year Cut off (2017/2016/2015):
Let us have a look at how the cut off for the mains exam has varied over the years.
Expected Change in Cut offs in IBPS PO mains 2018:
- As we can see, there has been a huge variation in the cut off in the previous year depending on the number of vacancies and the level of the exam.
- If the level of the exam remains the same, we can expect the mains cut off to lie within the range of 80 to 85.
- The sectional cut offs are unlikely to go beyond 15 marks for any section.
- The descriptive paper carried a total of 25 marks.
- The cut off for the descriptive paper was 10 marks for general category and 8.75 marks for other categories.
- We can expect the mains cut off to remain more or less the same this year too.
We hope that this article on expected cut off for IBPS PO would have given you some idea about the score you should be shooting for in the exam. Go through how to prepare for IBPS PO in 60 days to know how to plan your preparation for the next 2 months.