Current Affairs Today 19th April 2018 PDF:
Download today’s current affairs and daily current affairs capsule of April 19th 2018.
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
- The International Monetary Fund has projected India’s growth rate at 7.4 % in 2018 and 7.8% per cent in 2019
- The New York Times and The New Yorker have jointly won the Pulitzer Prize, in the Public Service category for Weinstein expose recently.
- The IMF projected a global growth of 3.9% in the next two years due to strong momentum, favorable market sentiment as one of the driving factors.
- India has won an election to a crucial non-governmental Organisation committee in the United Nations in the Asia Pacific States category to serve a four-year term beginning on January 1, 2019. The Committee on Non-Governmental Organizations is a standing committee of Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
- ‘Global IT Challenge for Youth with Disabilities (GITC), 2018’ will be held in New Delhi from 8th To 11th November, 2018.
- PM Narendra Modi participated in the first ever India-Nordic Countries summit with heads of five Nordic Countries.
|Prime Minister of Denmark||Lars Lokke Rasmussen|
|Prime Minister of Finland||Juha Sipila|
|the Prime Minister of Iceland||Katrin Jakobsdottir|
|Prime Minister of Norway||Erna Solberg|
|Prime Minister of Sweden||Stefan Lofven|
- MOU between India and Sweden Innovation Partnership for a Sustainable Future.
- MOU between India and Sweden on Cooperation in the field of Sustainable and Smart Urban Development
- MOU between India and Iceland on the Establishment of the ICCR Chair for Hindi Language.
- Minister of Commerce & Industry Shri Suresh Prabhu launched the FIEO Global Linker- a digital platform for MSME exporters to digitize their businesses.
- DIGITAL ADVANCEMENT OF RURAL POST OFFICE FOR A NEW INDIA Project (DARPAN) – PLI App was launched by Shri Manoj Sinha which will help in collection of premium for PLI and RPLI policies at Branch Post Offices anywhere in India, with online updating of the policies.
- Lieutenant General PP Malhotra assumed charge as Director General of National Cadet Corps (NCC) which is considered as the largest uniformed youth organization in the world.
- The three-day SAARC regional Conference on “Climate Resilient Agricultural Policies, Strategies and Programmes” inaugurated in Hyderabad by Chief Secretary of Telangana, Dr. Shailendra Kumar Joshi, at ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM)
- The ‘Study in India’ portal of HRD Ministry will be launched at the India Habitat Centre by the Minister of External Affairs, Smt. Sushma Swaraj in the presence of Minister of Human Resource Development Shri Prakash Javadekar and Minister of State for HRD Dr. Satya Pal Singh.
- World heritage day is celebrated at National Rail Museum, in New Delhi on 18th April, 2018. The theme of this year is, Heritage for Generations emphasizing on inter-generational transfer of knowledge.