Current Affairs Today 08th June 2018 PDF:
Download today’s current affairs and daily current affairs capsule of June 08th 2018.
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
- Reserve Bank of India increased the Repo Rate by 25 basis points to 6.25%. Marginal Standing Facility and the Bank Rate have been adjusted to 6.50%. Reverse Repo Rate has been adjusted to 6.00%.
- As per Reserve Bank of India, GDP estimate remained at 7.4% for 2018-19 while inflation is projected to likely reach 4.8% – 4.9% in first half of 2018-19 and 4.7% in the second half of the quarter.
- Government of India has constituted a high level group headed by Baby Kalyani CEO – Bharat Forge India to study Special Economic Zones Policy.
- As per the recent World Investment report published by UNCTAD, Foreign Direct Investment in India fell to USD 40 Billion in 2017.
- World Bank in its recent report has forecasted a growth rate of 7.3% in 2018-19 and 7.5% in 2019-20 and 2020-21.
- Reserve Bank of India announced to set up a public credit registry, an information repository that collates all loan information of individuals and corporate borrowers.
- The Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), chaired by Minister of Defence Nirmala Sitharaman, has approved procurement of equipment for the Defence Forces valued at over Rs 5500 crore.
- Government of India, Department of Telecom has floated tenders for 5 Lakh wifi hotspots with an estimated cost of Rs 4,000 Crore.