- 1 Current Affairs June 2018 PDF – Monthly Capsule:
- 1.1 Important Appointments June 2018
- 1.2 Important Awards and Recognition-June 2018
- 1.3 Banking Current Affairs June 2018
- 1.4 June 2018 National Current Affairs
- 1.5 June 2018 International Current Affairs
- 1.6 June 2018 Summits, Conferences, Committees –Important MoUs and Agreements
- 1.7 June 2018 Ranking and Index, Defence, Science and Technology, Books and Authors
- 1.8 Sports Current Affairs June 2018
- 1.9 Important Days in June
- 1.10 First in India and the World in June 2018
Current Affairs June 2018 PDF – Monthly Capsule:
Download month wise june 2018 current affairs to answer monthly online quiz test and questions. This is June 2018 Current affairs PDF. An important complete capsule for banking (IBPS, SBI PO and Clerk, SSC CHSL, UPSC (civil services) and other exams covering all important happenings in the month of June.
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
Important Appointments June 2018
|President of Spain||Pedro Sanchez|
|President of Egypt||Abdel Fattah al-Sisi|
|President of Columbia||Ivan Duque|
|President of Turkey||Recep Tayyip Erdogan|
|Prime Minister of Jordan||Omar Al Razzaz|
|President of 73rd United Nations General Assembly||Maria Fernanda Espinosa Graces
(Foreign Minister of Ecuador)
|Chairperson of BAFTA
British Academy for Film and Television Arts
|Attorney General of Malaysia||Tommy Thomas
|Army Chief of Bangladesh||Lt Gen Aziz Ahmed|
|Download RBI Grade B Study Material|
|Chief Financial Officer of General Motors||Dhivya Suryadevara|
|Chairman of International Chamber of Commerce||Paul Polman|
|President of International Castor Oil Association||Abhay V Udeshi|
|President of International Kabaddi Federation||Janardan Singh Gehlot|
|Vice Chief of Army Staff||Lt Gen Devraj Anbu|
|MD of Mangalore Refinery and Petrochemicals Ltd||M Venkatesh|
|Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India||Mukesh Kumar Jain|
|Next Ambassador of India to ASEAN||Rudrendra Tandon|
|Board Member of World Economic Forum||Sarita Nayyar|
|Chairman of Bandhan Bank||H R Khan|
Engineering Exports Promotion Council
|Acting Chief of Union Public Service Commission||Arvind Saxena|
Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs
|Download Static GK Capsule PDF|
|MD and CEO of Yes Bank (re-appointment)||Rana Kapoor|
|Chief Operating Officer of ICICI Bank||Sandeep Bakshi|
|Member of National Wetland Committee||Uday Vora|
|Brand Ambassador of Sikkim Government||A R Rahman|
|M D and CEO of IDBI Bank||B Sriram|
|Ambassador of India to republic of Iceland||Armstrong Changsan|
|Managing Director of State Bank of India||Arjit Basu|
|Whole Time Director in SEBI||Anant Barua|
Important Awards and Recognition-June 2018
|Pulitzer Prize in Music||Kendrick Lamar|
|Santokbaa Humanitarian Award 2018||Kailash Sathyarthi
A S Kiran Kumar
|“City Award” at the smart cities award for exhibiting great momentum in implementation of urban projects||Surat City|
|Women’s Prize for Fiction 2018||“Home Firre”
by Kamila Shamsie
|Lifetime Achievement Award in Cricket
|(Late) Pankaj Roy|
|Chief Minister of the Year award, at the 52nd Skoch summit held in new delhi||Vasundhara Raje
CM of Rajasthan
extraordinary work in e-governance
|National Payments Excellence Award 2017||SVC Cooperative Bank|
|First Friendship Medal of China – bestowed on||President of Russia
|Download Budget, Economic Survey 2018 and other Facts and Figures in 2018 PDF|
|French distinction award – Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters||Kalki Koechlin|
|Best Performing Social Sector Ministry Award 2018 at the Skoch group||Ministry of Women and Child Development|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards 2018 held in Bangkok, Thailand
Best Actor in leading role
Best actress in leading role
|World Food Prize 2018||Lawrence Haddad
Dr. David Nabarro
|First Tribal Queen of India
Adi Rani Kalinga Tribal Queen Competition
held in Odisha
|Most Valuable Player Award at the Basket Ball without borders Asia 2018 ceremony||Sanjana Ramesh|
|Recognized as the “Youngest Author of India”
– by India Book of Records
|Ayan Gogoi Gohain|
|Polly Umrigar Award – Best International Cricketer
|Best International Cricketer (Women) 2017-18
|“Gold Award” in infrastructure sector at the Skoch summit 2018||Sagarmala Project|
|Download Banking Study Material|
|Femina Miss India 2018||Anukreethy Vas|
Banking Current Affairs June 2018
|National Skill Development Corporation signed an agreement with Muthoot Fincorp Ltd for training 10,000 youth over a period of 3 years for preparing them to be market ready|
|National Commission for Women has signed an agreement with Facebook for a digital literacy programme of women in the country which will be in collaboration with Cyber Peace Foundation|
|Government of India has approved HDFC plan to raise additional capital share up to a maximum of Rs 24000 Crore ensuring compliance of appropriate norms of Foreign Direct Investment in Banking Sector|
|Reserve Bank of India amended definition of a category under Liberalized Remittance Scheme for enforcing a check on the nature of transactions happening under the definition||Definition of close relatives has been amended|
|Reserve Bank of India enhanced housing loan limits to be considered for categorization for loans to economically weaker sections and low income groups under Priority Sector for promotion of PMAY scheme||Metropolitan Areas
Rs 25 Lakhs
|Rs 6000 Crore has been approved by world bank for ground water conservation projects in 7 states under Atal Bhujal Yojana|
|Economic Growth rate of India for 2018-19 projected by World Bank in its recent “Global Economics Prospect” report published in June 2018||7.3%|
|Download Important Committees formed in India in 2018 PDF|
|Yes Bank launched Green Future : Deposit scheme with an aim to support the green good deeds campaign of government of India.
Yes Bank is estimating to raise Rs 1000 Crore with the scheme
|Interest rate – 7.5%
18 months 8 days
18 months – 18 days
|As per the recent SBI annual report 2017-18,
Bank that topped highest volume of transactions
Bank that topped highest share of value of transactions
|Paytm Payments Bank
|World Bank has sanctioned USD 700 million loan to government of Bangladesh for the primary education programme in the country|
|SEBI has given approval to Yes Bank to act as custodian for securities|
|Government of Maharashtra has signed an MoU with Tata Motors for deployment of 1000 electric vehicles in the state|
|Reserve Bank of India has proposed to set up a board of management for the urban cooperative banks for better management of the financial institutions|
|Exim Bank of India has signed an MoU with Seychelles for extending
USD 10 million loan facility for the healthcare sector in the country
|Reserve Bank of India revised foreign portfolio investor’s cap on investment in government security to 30% of the outstanding stock from earlier 20% of the outstanding stock|
|Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India has recently approved Life Insurance Corporation to acquire up to 51% stake in IDBI Bank by infusing around Rs 13,000 Crore in the bank|
|India has emerged as the overall largest borrower of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank with grants worth USD 4.4 billion|
|Reserve Bank of India has announced to set up Public Credit Registry for collecting and containing information on all borrowers to ensure financial stability – PCR will be established based on the recommendations of Yeshwant M Deosthalee|
|Download Financial Institutions in India and World Notes PDF|
|Financial Literacy Week 2018 – June 04th – June 08th 2018 – Theme for 2018: Consumer Protection||Organized by Reserve Bank of India|
June 2018 National Current Affairs
- Government of India launched second tranche of Bharat -22 ETF fund for raising around Rs 6000 Crore, the fund is managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund which consists of 22 stocks from CPSEs and PSUs.
- HRD Minister – Prakash Javadekar has launched National Digital Library of India which will act as a platform for all educational needs of the students in the country.
- Shillong has been selected as the 100thand the last smart city in the smart city mission in June 2018.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh has become the first in the country to use auto disable syringes for all clinical purposes from July 28th– World Hepatitis Day.
- Government of Andhra Pradesh has launched Zero Based Natural Farming (ZBNF) scheme for benefiting all farmers in the state by 2024.
- Ministry of Home Affairs has launched an analytical tool for better monitoring of flow and usage of amount into FCRA accounts of organizations permitted under Foreign Contributions Regulation Act 2010.
- India’s first advanced forensic lab has been inaugurated in Chandigarh in June 2018 by Minister of Women and Child Development – Maneka Gandhi.
Download Important Awards and Honors in 2018 Quiz PDF
- Ensemble Prediction System – EPS has been launched by Ministry of Earth Sciences which will be a better forecast model of extreme weather events.
- National health profile and National health resources repository has been inaugurated by Minister of Health and Family Welfare – J P Nadda. National Health profile has been developed by Central Bureau of Health Intelligence.
- World’s first International Center for Humanitarian Forensics has been launched in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. It is a joint collaboration between four countries – India, Nepal, Bhutan and Maldives.
- Government of India launched “Janaushadi Suvidha” an affordable Oxo-biodegradable sanitary napkin under PM Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana.
- “Business First Portal” has been launched by government of Punjab for offering realtime tracking of business applications in the state.
- Government of India has launched “Rail Madad” and “Menu on Rail Apps” for enhancing the travelling experience of the passengers.
- European Union Film Festival has been inaugurated by Minister of Information and Broadcasting Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore in New Delhi will be held from 18thJune to 31st August 2018.
- I – Hariyaali app has been launched by government of Punjab that allows users to order free saplings and motivate them in saving the environment from pollution.
- Mongolia has started construction of its first oil refinery which will be capable of processing 1.5 million tonnes of crude oil per year which is funded by India (1 billion aid). The project is estimated to be completed by 2022.
- India’s economic growth forecast for the year 2018-19 by Fitch Ratings is 7.4% and for 2019-20 it is 7.5%.Fitch ratings has further estimated global growth rate at 3.3% in 2018 and 3.2% for 2019.
- French Power utility EDF and General Electric have signed an MoU with government of India for construction of six nuclear power reactors at the Jaitapur Nuclear Power Plant acclaimed to be the world’s largest nuclear power plant.
- Government of India approved restructuring of North Eastern Council, Home Minister has been appointed as the chairman of the council.
- Government of India approved capital infusion of Rs 2000 crore in Export Credit Guarantee Corporation of India.
- Government of India approved infusion of Rs 1040 crore by National Export Insurance Account Trust.
- Government of Gujarat has launched a new scheme – Suryashakti Kisan Yojana Scheme aimed at enabling farmers in the state to generate electricity of their captive consumption, at the same time sell extra power to the grid and gain extra income.
- Government of India has approved 33% increase in carpet area of houses eligible for interest subsidy under PMAY scheme.
- Government of Haryana has become the first in the country to give star rankings to the villages in the state under the 7 star gram panchayat rainbow scheme.
- Government of Madhya Pradesh has won an award for reducing maternal mortality under Pradhan Mantri Safe Motherhood Campaign
- As per a recent announcement by government of India, the first police museum of the country will be inaugurated in New Delhi.
Download Important Loan Agreements in 2018 PDF
- Rajasthan has been topped the list of states in water conservation as per a recent report released by NITI Aayog.
- Queen Pineapple has been declared as the state fruit of tripura by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- 13 beaches in India will be getting blue flag certification for being environment friendly, clean and equipped with amenities, making them the first in Asia to receive such certification.
- NTPC ltd has signed an MoU with GHMC, Hyderabad for development and beautification works of Charminar, NTPC has adopted charminar under the Swacch Iconic Places Project of India.
- 10 new iconic places have been shortlisted by government of India under the Swacch Icnonic Places Project of India.
- Government of India has recently announced to set 24 degrees celsius as a default setting for Air Conditioners in the country.
- Dahod District of Gujarat has topped the list of first delta rankings released by NITI Aayog ranking 115 aspirational districts of the country.
- Government of India has proposed to set up 3000 van dhan vikas kendras which will involve around 30000 SHGs across the country under Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
June 2018 International Current Affairs
- As per a recent report published by Forbes – Jeff Bezos has topped the list of World Billionaires followed by Bill Gates and Warren Buffet.
- Dendrobrium Narendra Modi – an orchid in Singapore has been named after PM – Narendra Modi by government of singapore.
- Government of Japan has amended its economic plan to allow more foreign workforce in the country.
- 15thsession of the India – Australia joint ministerial commission co-chaired by Minister of Commerce and Industry – Suresh Prabhu was held in Canberra, Australia.
- Government of India has announced to raise the grants to Global Environment Facility – investment cycle GE – 7 from existing USD 12 million to USD 15 million.
- Pakistan has been placed on the “Grey”list by Financial Action Task Force at its meeting in Paris recently.
- Asia’s first patent arbitration centre is being setup in Tokyo, Japan in September 2018 primarily aimed at resolving the disputes in the region at the earliest.
- World’s largest vertical farming is being built by US Crop One Holdings in collaboration with flight carrier “Emirates” in Dubai International Airport.
- Abu Dhabi has emerged as the smartest city in Middle East and Africa as per a report by McKinsey Global Institute.
- India has been represented by Minister of Commerce and Industry – Suresh Prabhu at the informal meet of WTO in Paris, France.
- Saudi Arabia started giving licenses to first batch of women after a decade long ban.
- Indonesia, Dominican Republic, Germany, France and South Africa have been elected as the non-permanent members of the UN security council for two years starting from 01stJan 2019.
June 2018 Summits, Conferences, Committees –Important MoUs and Agreements
Summit/ Conference Attended by/ Inaugurated by Date / Place 45th G7 summit To be conducted in 2019 France 11th edition of Geo-intelligence Asia Geo Spatial Media and Communication New Delhi 106th science congress – 2019 Lovely Professional University January 03rd – 07th 2019 3rd AIIB Board of Governors Meeting Inaugurated by
PM Narendra Modi
Mumbai International Decade for Action: Water for Sustainable Development 2018 -2028 Government of Tajikistan
UNDESA, UN Water and other organizations
Dushanbe, Tajikistan Clean Sport = Fair Outcome? Conference on clean sports Oslo, Norway 2nd edition of
Oxford University Press South Asia conclave
— New Delhi Download Important Sports Current Affairs in 2018 PDF World Tolerance Summit 2018 Organized by UAE
Theme: Prospering from Pluralism : Embracing diversity through innovation and collaboration
November 2019 4th Annual meeting of AIIB Board of Governors — Luxembourg 44th G-7 summit Countries of G7
USA, Canada, Japan,Germany, Italy, France, United Kingdom
Quebec, Canada 5th National Standards COnclave Organized by Department of Commerce and CII New Delhi 18th Shanghai Cooperation Organization PM Narendra Modi Qingdao, China 11th World Hindi Conference Organized by
External Affairs Minister of India
Mauritius International Conference on ICT Organized by Federation of Computer Association Nepal
Theme: Sustainable Development Goals for Smart City
Kathmandu, Nepal 52nd Skoch Summit 2018 — New Delhi
June 2018 Committees (Current Affairs)
Committee formed by government of India to lay down standardization norms and reduce costs in construction and operation of the metro rail systems in the country E Sreedharan Organization which constituted an expert committee to give recommendations for direct listing of Indian firms abroad and also look into issues relating to the issue SEBI Committee of eminent persons formed by government of India to study the Special Economic Zones policy of the country and suggest recommendations for better implementation is headed by Baby Kalyani Reserve Bank of India proposed to set up a board of management for the urban cooperative bank. The decision is taken based on the recommendations of a committee headed by R Gandhi Committee formed by government of India recently to bring transparency in Job data calculation and presentation T C A Anant Member Secretary of the 10 member committee formed by Insurance Regulatory Development Authority of India to review regulations of Insurance marketing firms Priya Kumari
June 2018 Important MoUs and Agreements
Country/ Organization Country/ Organization Purpose Government of India Netherlands Technical Cooperation in the field of Spatial Planning, Water Management, Mobility Management Government of India Denmark Cooperation in the field of Sustainable and Smart Urban Development and Animal Husbandry and Dairying Government of India United Kingdom Cooperation in the field of Sustainable Urban Development Government of India Oman Cooperation in the field of peaceful utilization of outer space Government of India Germany Cooperation in the field of Civil Aviation Government of India Indonesia Cooperation in the field of Railways Sector Government of India Bahrain Cooperation in the field of Healthcare sector Government of India Seychelles USD 100 million line of credit to boost military Infrastructure in Seychelles Central Water Commission Cooperation in the field of Flood Forecasting NITI Aayog GNFC Ltd Cooperation in the field of Fertilizer subsidy disbursement through block chain technology Marine Infrastructure Developer Pvt Ltd Adani Ports and SEZ Ltd Acquiring MIDPL for Rs 1950 Crore CECRI, Tamilnadu under CSIR Raasi Solar Power Pvt Ltd Transfer of technology for India’s first Lithium Ion battery Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation – subsidiary “Nikiret” Core Energy Systems Pvt Ltd Promotion of technical security equipment in India
June 2018 Ranking and Index, Defence, Science and Technology, Books and Authors
Ranking and Index
Name of the Report Publishing Organization Rank of India Rank 01 on the list FDI Investment Report 2018 FDI Intelligence 02nd USA Top 10 target countries for web application attacks Akamai Technologies 04th Russia Best Country in the World for Traffic Safety European Transport Safety Council — Norway Smartest City in Middle East and Africa McKinsey Global Institute — Abu Dhabi Top 100 most valuable global brand rankings BrandZ 60th – HDFC Top 10 countries in India by Market Capitalization Bombay Stock Exchange — HDFC Bank End of Childhood Index 2018 Save the Children 113th / 175 Singapore and Slovenia Global Peace Index 2018 Economic and Peace Report, Australia 136th / 163 Iceland World’s Best University Ranking QS Analyst 162
Massachusetts Institute of Technology Swachh Sarvekshan 2018 Government of India — Indore – Cleanliest City in the Country Global Real Estate Transparency Index 2018 JLL Ltd 35th /100 United Kingdom Global To 100 Ranking Price Water Coopers — USA
Delta Ranking for 115 Aspirational Districts NITI Aayog — Dahod District, Gujarat First Disaster Risk Index Government of India and UNDP New Delhi
Maharashtra – High Risk Category
Most Dangerous Countries for Women Thomson Reuters Federation — India Composite Water Management Index NITI Aayog — Gujarat and Tripura
Defence, Science and Technology, Books and Authors
- Malabar Exercise 2018 – held in Guam, USA – Joint exercise between India – US – Japan.
- CORPAT 2018 – First Coordinated Patrol between navies of India and Bangladesh in June 2018 in Bangladesh.
- RIMPAC exercise – Hawaii from June – August 2018. China was
uninvited by USA amid issues over south china sea.
- PASSEX exercise 2018 – Joint Navy exercise between India and Indonesia held in June 2018.
- First exercise on counter terrorism of BIMSTEC – Pune, India in September 2018. Participating Countries – India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Nepal, Myanmar, Srilanka and Thailand.
- Indra 2018 – Joint Military Exercise between India and Russia will be held in 2018.
- India has successfully test fired Ballistic Missile Agni – 5 off the Odisha Coast.
- Defence Acquisition Council chaired by Minister of Defence – Nirmala Sitaraman has approved procurement of defence proposals worth over Rs 5500 Crore in June 2018.
- US has approved sale of 6 AH – 64E Apache attack helicopters to India for USD 930 million.
- Indian Coast Ship Guard – Rani Rashmoni commissioned in Indian Coast Guard in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- A new flower has been named after former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister – Dorjee Khandu. Name of the flower as Impatiens Dorjeekhanduii.
- Indian Space Research Organization has decided to offer its patented lithium ion cell technology to Indian Industries at Rs 1 Crore.
- Scientists of ISRO have discovered an EPIC planet which is six times bigger in size to earth.
- Goafen Satellite – an earth observation satellite has been launched by China in June 2018.
- Students from Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai have designed the world’s lightest satellite Jai Hind 1-S which weighs only 33.39 grams.
- World’s most powerful super computer named SUMMIT has been unveiled by US Scientists, the computer can perform 2 lakh trillion calculations per second.
Sports Current Affairs June 2018
Name of the Event Winner French Open 2018 – Men’s (Singles) Rafael Nadal French Open 2018 – Women’s (Singles) Simona Halep US Women’s Open Golf Tournament Ariya Jutanugarn First Indian women cricketer to reach 2000 T20 ODI runs Mithali Raj Women’s Asia T 20 cup 2018 Bangladesh India’s Sportsperson of the Year – Sports Illustrated India Kidambi Srikanth Gold at Singapore National Swimming Championship Sandeep Sejwal Ulaanbaatar Cup 2018 – Boxing Ulaanbaatar ,Mongolia Host country of 2026 Football World Cup Mexico, USA and Canada 98th ATP title – Tennis Tournament Roger Federer ITF (International Tennis Federation) Tournament – Singles Title Karman Kaur Thandi Intercontinental Cup Football Title India French Grand Prix – Racing Lewis Hamilton ISSF Junior World Cup Held in Suhl, Germany World Para Athletics Grand Prix Tunisia – June 2018 Chemistry World Cup of Olympic Boxing 2018 Halle, Germany Gold medal at the ISSF Junior Championship Saurabh Chaudhary South African Cricketer of the Year Kagiso Rabada
Important Days in June
Day of the Month Observed as Observed by Theme for 2018 June 03rd World Bicycle Day United Nations First time in 2018 June 05th World Environment Day United Nations Beat Plastic Pollution June 08th World Oceans Day United Nations GA — June 12th World Day Against Child Labour International Labour Organization Generation Safe and Healthy June 16th International Day of Family Remittances IFAD’s
— June 20th National Reading Day Government of India — June 20th World Refugee Day United Nations Now more than ever, we need to stand with refugees June 21st International Yoga Day United Nations GA Yoga for Peace June 23rd International Olympic Day National Olympics Committee — June 27th MSME Enterprises Day United Nations GA — June 30th International Day of Parliamentarism Inter Parliamentary Union — June 29th National Statistics Day Government of India Commemorating the birth anniversary of
P C Mahalanobis
First in India and the World in June 2018
Minister of Women and Child Development has launched India’s FIRST Advanced Forensic Lab Chandigarh World’s first International Center for Humanitarian Forensics Launched Gandhinagar, Gujarat For the first time in Asia, 13 beaches in India are getting blue flag certification for being clean, environment and tourist friendly Government of India approved setting up of India’s first ever National Police Museum New Delhi Asia’s first patent arbitration center – International Arbitration Center is getting inaugurated in September 2018 Tokyo, Japan First Bank to enrol as payment Initiation service provider in UK’s Open Banking regime Citi Bank India’s first tribal queen of India Pallavi Darua First Woman (Indian – Origin) to become CFO of general motors Dhivya Suryadevara India’s first indigenous lithium ion battery technology CSIR will provide technology India’s first robotic telescope started observing the sky in June 2018 Located in Hanle, Ladakh (Facility is called – GROWTH-India) First Indian Woman Cricket Player to Score 2000 T20 ODI runs Mithali Raj Government of India approved setting up of largest data center in India National Data Center, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh[poll id="1"]