Current Affairs July 2018 PDF – Monthly Capsule:
Download month wise july 2018 current affairs to answer monthly online quiz test and questions. This is July 2018 Current affairs PDF. An important complete capsule for banking (IBPS, SBI PO and Clerk, SSC CHSL, UPSC (civil services) and other exams covering all important happenings in the month of June.
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
Important Appointments June 2018
|Members elected as associate member directors of International Cricket Council||Imran Khwaja – Singapore
Mahinda Vallipuram – Malaysia
Tony Brain – Scotland
|Woman who became the first woman chief justice of any court in Pakistan||Tahira Safdar|
|Elected as Prime Minister of Pakistan||Imran Khan|
|Appointed as CEO of HSBC India||Surendra Rosha|
|Elected as the President of Mexico||Andres Manuel Lopaz Obrador|
|Brand Ambassador of Muthoot Pappachan||Vidya Balan|
|Chairman of National Green Tribunal||Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel|
|Appointed as Member of Broadcasting Content Complaints Council of India||Uday Kumar Varma|
|Chiarman Emeritus of Payments Council of India||Naveen Surya|
|Director General of Ordinance Factory||P K Shrivastava|
|Chairman of Payments Council of India||Vishwas Patel|
|Vice – Chairman of Payments Council of India||Loney Antony|
|Appointed as Asia’s representative of Athletics Advisory Commission of Common Wealth Federation||Dipika Pallikal|
|MD and CEO of Dhana Lakshmi Bank||T Latha|
|Brand Ambassador of Tripura||Dipa Karmakar|
|India’s chef de mission at Asian Games||Brij Bhushan Saran Singh|
|Managing Director of Tata Capital Housing Finance||Anil Kaul|
|Re- appointed as Chairman of AICTE||Prof Sahasrabuddhe|
|Appointed as Sports Ambassador of Assam||Hima Das|
|Appointed as Director of National Center for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People||Arman Ali|
|Appointed MD and CEO of Tata AIA||Rishi Srivastava|
|Appointed CEO of Democratic National Committee of USA||Seema Nanda|
|Appointed Director and GM of United India Insurance||K B Shrinivas|
|MD and CEO of IDBI||B Sriram|
|MD of State Bank of India||Arjit Basu|
Important Awards and Recognition- July 2018
|Times Now – ICICI Bank Awards – NRI of the Year||Prem Watsa|
|NABARD Award 2018 for its service to self-help groups||Repco Micro Finance Ltd|
|AIFF Player of the Year Award||Sunil Chhetri|
|Indians who won Ramon Magsaysay Award||Bharat Vatwani,
|First Indian Army Officer to complete Iron Man Competition||Major General
V D Dogra
|Golden Booker Prize||Michael Ondaatje
The English Patient
|Indian origin kid who was Awarded the “British Indian of the Year”||Ishwar Sharma|
|UN’s Top Environment Prize – Champion of Earth Prize||Cochin International Airport Ltd|
|24th Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavana Award 2018||Gopalkrishna Gandhi|
|Mohun Bagan “Ratna” award||Pradip Chowdhary|
|National Kalidas Samman Award 2018||Artist Anjolie Ela Menon|
|State conferred National Award for best performing state under PM Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan||Himachal Pradesh|
|Indian Cricket Player Inducted to ICC hall of fame||Rahul Dravid|
|Recipient of the 2018 National Maritime Search and Rescue Award||Milan Shankar Tare
(a fisherman belonging to Maharashtra)
|Recipients of the Swachhata Awards 2018||NSIC, KVIC, DC (MSME), Coir Board|
Banking Current Affairs July 2018
|Payments bank which has been recently allowed to resume taking new customers by RBI and UIDAI after few months ban due to KYC non-compliance||Airtel Payments Bank|
|Bank which has organized a nation-wide Kisan mela as an outreach programme for farmers to impart financial literacy||State Bank of India|
|International Financial Institution which has signed an agreement with Ministry of Power and Finance India for the lining project of Son canal in Bihar||Asian Development Bank|
|HDFC Securities has launched Mutual Fund Transactions on Facebook Messenger through a virtual assistant named||Arya|
|Credit Card Company which has AI enabled electronic live assistant for customer support and Interaction||SBI Card|
|Investment Banker which was adjudged the best bank for equity issuance of private sector companies in 2018||IIFL|
|World Bank has extended USD 100 million to the company for onward lending to small and medium business in the country||Mahinda and Mahindra Financial Services|
|Total number of Countries which have been recognized as the “High Risk Jurisdictions” as per the custodian banks which have shared the list with SEBI recently||25|
|Interest rates of Small Savings Schemes unchanged for July – September Quarter||Senior Citizen Savings Scheme – 8.3%
Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme – 8.1%
Public Provident Fund
National Savings Certificate – 7.6%
Kisan Vikas Patra – 7.3%
Term Deposit 6.9 – 7.4%
Savings Scheme – 4%
|Yes Bank’s new mutual fund business unit will soon be operational after SEBI’s approval||YAMIL – Yes Bank Asset Management India Ltd|
|Bank which has crossed the milestone of Rs 1.5 trillion in mortgage loan and became the first largest private sector bank to achieve this target||ICICI Bank|
|Bank which has become the most valuable bank in the emerging market outside china as per market capitalization||HDFC Bank – surpassed Sberbank|
|Country which has become world’s sixth largest economy by surpassing France as per the recent report published by World Bank||India|
|India has joined which organization as its 69th member||European Bank for Reconstruction and Development|
|International Monetary Fund has cut India’s growth projection by 0.1% for 2018-19 as per the recently published world economic outlook report||FY 2018-19 : 7.3%
FY 2019-20 : 7.5%
|Finance Ministry has announced capital infusion of how much amount into 5 PSUs as a part of capitalization procedure under Indradhanush Plan||Rs 11,336 Crore|
|All Women branch of which bank has been inaugurated by First Lady Usha Vohra||Jammu and Kashmir Bank|
|The small finance bank which has launched commercial operations in July 2018||Jana Small Finance Bank|
|India’s GDP growth rate estimate by FICCI for the year 2018-19||7.5%|
|Bank which obtained approval for opening bank branches/offices in Bahrain, Kuwait and Singapore||Federal Bank|
|The minimum yearly deposit of the scheme reduced to Rs 250 by government of India recently||Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme|
|Financial Institutions and Banks have signed an inter-creditor agreement to expedite resolution of NPAs||The agreement was one of the recommendations of the committee headed by
|Paytm is partnering with which bank for launching cashless payment solutions in Japan||Soft Bank|
|First oil PSU in the country to adopt an online legal compliance system “Legatrix”||Numaligarh Refinery Ltd, Assam|
|Minimum Support Price of the Paddy hiked from Rs 1,550 by Rs 200 per quintal for 2018-19||Rs 1,750 per quintal|
|India’s first Telephony Service in India named – Wings launched||BSNL|
|Projection of India’s GDP growth rate for the year 2018-19 by OECD||7.4%|
|Company which has replaced Tata Consultancy Services as the most valued company in Mid Cap with more than Rs 7 Lakh Crore||Reliance Industries Ltd|
|Reserve Bank of India has recently given approval for a Chinese bank to launch operations in India||Bank of China|
|Reserve Bank of India has cancelled the license of an urban cooperative bank for its bad position to be able to pay back its depositors||Alwar Urban Cooperative Bank|
|Reserve Bank of India is issuing a new Rs 100 note with motif of a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Gujarat||Rani Ki Vav|
|NABARD has sanctioned amount to fund 86 development projects in West Bengal under Rural Infrastructure Development Fund||Rs 735 Crore|
July 2018 National Current Affairs
- An app named cVIGIL has been launched by election commission of India for assisting citizens in reporting any violation of the model code of conduct during elections.
- Minister of Railways and Coal, Piyush Goyal has launched CMSMS (Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System) and “Khan Prahari” aimed at capturing information on illegal coal activities.
- Government of Rajasthan has launched the Bijli Mitra App for replacement of defunct transformers within six hours from registering the complaint.
- Government of Odisha has launched Green Mahanadi Mission for planting two crore saplings along the Mahanadi, Ib and Tel rivers in the state.
- “Innovative India Platform” a collaboration between Atal Innovation Mission and my Gov portal has been launched by NITI Aayog in July 2018.
- Government of India has approved establishment of Medical College at Salempur at Deoria, Uttar Pradesh which would be built at a cost of Rs 250 Crore.
- Government of India has approved proposal for continuation of Pre – Matric, Post – Matric and Merit Cum Means based scholarships till the year 2019-20
- Government of Madhya Pradesh has passed a scheme – Mukhyamantri Jan Kalyan (Sambal) Yojana 2018 for providing subsidized power for poor and below poverty line families in the state.
- Government of Maharashtra has launched the One farmer – One transformer scheme aimed at providing high voltage distribution line to ensure uninterrupted power supply to farmers in the state.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has re-introduced Medini Puraskaar Yojana to award Indian authors for their original work in Hindi on environment, pollution and climate change.
- Ministry of Culture has launched the scheme “Safeguarding the Intangible Cultural Heritage and Diverse Cultural Traditions of India” for promoting and preserving rich intangible cultural heritage of India, the scheme is being implanted by Sangeet Natak Academy.
- Government of Delhi has launched the Mukhyamantri Kisan Aaye Badhotri Solar Yojana to enhance the income of the farmers by five times
- Government of India has introduced Mahila Shakti Kendra 2017-20 to empower rural women through community participation in 115 aspirational districts of the country.
- Central Reserve Police Force has launched 24 hour Madadgaar Helpline in Jammu and Kashmir for providing immediate assistance to people in war torn region of the state.
- “Happiness Curriculum” has been launched by government of New Delhi along with Dalai Lama.
- Minister of State for Culture, Dr. Mahesh Sharma inaugurated the exhibition Arth – art for earth by Manav Gupta which contains “Excavations in Hymns of Clay”.
- Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs has launched GST Verify app for protection of consumers from fraud.
- Center of Excellence for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence has been launched by NASSCOM in Bangalore in collaboration with government of Karnataka.
- First ever metal craft exhibition has been inaugurated in Leh, Ladakh in July 2018.
- The new headquarters of archaeological survey of India – Dharohar Bhavan has been inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in July 2018.
- Indian railways has launched its first consolidated bridge management system for storing data of the 1.5 lakh railway bridges in the country.
- Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI) has launched a campaign – Think for Health for sharing ideas to improve the healthcare sector in the country in collaboration with government of Telangana.
- World’s first and cheapest clean drinking water project has been launched in Darbhanga District, Bihar.
- “I am not afraid of English” campaign has been launched by government of Haryana for capacity building of teachers in the state to help students in learning, writing and reading English.
- Government of India is in the process of introducing new technology Microdot that will assist in locating the vehicles stolen in the country.
- SAFAR – System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting, an air quality index has been inaugurated recently by Dr. Harsha Vardhan in New Delhi recently.
- Government of India has recently approved to rename the Agartala Airport, Tripura as Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore, Airport, Agartala.
- Government of India has approved extension of scheme for recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks upto 2019-20. RRBs are expected to maintain a minimum capital adequacy ratio of 9%.
- Odisha Government has launched Rs 300 Crore for Rukura irrigation dam project in Sundergarh.
- 18th International Children’s film festival has been inaugurated in West Bengal which will be organized from August 09 2018 to September 30 2018.
- A programme on ethics in public governance – Mission Satyanishtha has been launched by Ministry of Railways in July 2018.
- Pranam Act, first of its kind in India, through which government will be deducting 10% of an employee’s pay and transfer it to their relatives has been launched by government of Assam.
- Government of Odisha has launched a heritage cabinet headed by CM Naveen Patnaik for protection of ancient monuments in the state.
- India has been elected as the vice-chair of the World Customs Organization to its Asia pacific region for two years.
- Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan has laid foundation stone for National Skill Training Institute in Barang, Bhubaneshwar.
- The first Defence Incubator of the country is coming up in Telangana as per a recent announcement from the Minister of IT of the state.
- Elphinstone Station of Mumbai has been recently renamed as the Prabhadevi by Western Railways.
- India’s first National Training Institute for Women has been launched by Dharmendra Pradhan in Mohali, Punjab.
- Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has launched Meghalaya Milk Mission at a cost of Rs 215 Crore in Shillong.
- A desktop software for editing of texts printed on scanned documents, e – Aksharayan has been launched by Ministry of Information Technology.
- World Heritage Committee of UNESCO in its plenary meeting held in Manama, Bahrain recently has nominated “Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles of Mumbai” as the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Bhitarkarnika National Park of Odisha has become the largest habitat of the endangered estuarine crocodiles in India.
- First Khadi Mall of India is coming up in Jharkhand.
- First recycling unit of e-waste in the country is coming up in Bangalore which will built by Central Institute for Plastic and Engineering Technology.
- 19th edition of the world congress on food science and technology will be organized in September 2018 in Mumbai by International Union of Food Science and Technology.
- National Security Guard has become the first in the country to sign an agreement with railways for e-ticketing instead of a railway warrant.
- UNESCO has announced recently to set up a design university in Visakhapatnam, it has signed an agreement with the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Ministry of Water and Ganga Rejuvenation, Nitin Gadkari has released
Rs 500 Crore to shipping corporation of India for promoting cruise tourism in the country.
- Airports Authority of India is setting up a Civil Aviation Research Organization at a cost of Rs 1200 Crore in Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad
- The 1st meet of task force on e-commerce policy held in New Delhi has been chaired by Rita A. Teaotia.
- Government of West Bengal has launched one person one car policy for all the ministers in the state
- Government of Meghalaya has launched a mission for enhancing the jack fruit production in the state.
- Six public and private sector institutions in the country have been shortlisted as “Institutions of Eminence” by the Ministry of Human Resource Department as per the report by N Gopalaswami committee instituted by government of India to shortlist. The institutions are IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IISc Bangalore, Bits Pilani, Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Jio Institute under by reliance foundation under green field category.
- Government of Himachal Pradesh has announced complete ban on polythene, plastic and thermacol in the state.
- Government of Gujarat has given religious minority to the Jewish community in the state.
- Varanasi is going to host the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas in January 2019.
- Government of India has allowed photography in all monuments except for Ajanta Caves, Leh Palace and Taj Mahal.
- A museum for all former Prime Ministers is being built in Nehru Memorial Museum and Library of Teen Murthi Bhavan Complex in New Delhi.
- Government of Odisha has proposed for setting up a riverine project on river Mahanadi in Kendrapara District of the state.
- As per a recent President’s order, Central Road and Infrastructure Fund has been brought under the Finance Ministry from the existing Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. July 2018 International Current Affairs
- Jeff Bezos has topped the Bloomberg billionaires Index 2018 launched by Bloomberg in July 2018. Mukesh Ambani has been ranked 15th on the list.
- 88 India assisted emergency ambulance services has been launched in Jaffna, Srilanka recently.
- London, UK has launched “Walking Action Plan” an Action Plan for the most walkable city in the world.
- Myanmar has joined International Solar Alliance as the 68th member in July 2018.
- 3rd BRICS film festival was recently held in Durban, South Africa from July 22-27 2018.
Best Actress Bandita Das Best Film Newton Special Jury Award Village Rockstars
- World’s largest mobile factory of Samsung Company has been inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi and PM of South Korea – Moon Jae in.
- China has approved USD 1 billion to Pakistan in July 2018 even after it has been placed in the “Grey List” of the Financial Action Task Force.
- World’s first digital museum MORI building digital art museum is coming up in the city of Tokyo, Japan.
- UN Security Council has adopted a resolution called 2427 for protecting the children in the armed conflicts, the meeting was chaired by prime minister of Sweden who holds presidency of the council for the month of July.
- The 2nd edition of the India China maritime affairs dialogue has started in Beijing, China in July 2018.
July 2018 Summits, Conferences, Committees –Important MoUs and Agreements
Headed by /
State Power Ministers Conference R K Singh Shimla
Global Mobility Summit
September 07th and 08th
NITI Aayog New Delhi 17th World Sanskrit Conference Minister of HRD
Vancouver, Canada International Round Table Conference
Data for New India
Ministry of Statistics and Implementation New Delhi Unified Commanders Conference 2018 Integrated Defence Staff New Delhi 5th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership Ministerial Meeting — Tokyo, Japan 08th BRICS Health Ministers Meeting J P Nadda attended from India Durban, South Africa
Government of India constituted a 13 member committee headed by whom for computation of economic data at states and district level to revise base year for national accounts and GDP calculation Ravindra H Dholakia Government of India has constituted a 10 member committee headed by whom for reviewing companies act 2013 Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs Committee formed by National Green Tribunal for rejuvenation of Yamuna project B S Sajwan and Shailaja Chandra as members 16 member committee constituted by IRDAI for monitoring third party pricing and premium rates P J Joseph Government of India constituted a high level committee headed by whom for studying issues related to stress thermal power projects in the country Pradeep Kumar Sinha Law commission headed by whom recommended gambling and betting on sports to be allowed as regulated activities taxable under direct and indirect tax regimes Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
June 2018 Important MoUs and Agreements
Government of Odisha RIMES
Regional Integrated multi – hazard early warning system, headquartered in Thailand
For effective management of disasters Bombay Metal Exchange Bombay Stock Exchange For developing commodity derivatives market in the country National Stock Exchange NASDAQ For technology assistance for post-trade delivery capabilities Government of India Government of Tripura and Mizoram For repatriation of people belonging to Bru community from Tripura to Mizoram Government of West Bengal British Council For promotion of cultural, educational and skill development exchanges between UK and WB Government of Rajasthan Microsoft For digital training of 9500 students in the state Indian Army State Bank of India Defence Salary Package NABARD and SBI Government of Telangana For providing collateral free credit to farmers in the state of Telangana Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy University of Houston Aimed at building scientific and technical knowledge through joint research Government of India United Kingdom To improve overall public transport system in India Fincare Small Finance Bank Oxigen Wallet For partnership in branchless banking Business France Invest India For promoting investment in Private Sector Government of Odisha Sight Savers For strengthening the education system for blind students in the state Ministry of UAE Invest India For cooperation in technology – Artificial Intelligence India First Life Insurance Company Oxigen For selling Insurance products of the insurance company National Skill Development Corporation For training and Youth and Entrepreneurs on Digital Skills
June 2018 Ranking and Index, Defence, Science and Technology, Books and Authors
Ranking and Index
Name of the Report Publishing Organization Rank of India Rank 01st
on the List
Ease of Doing Business Index – 2018 Ministry of Commerce and Industry and DIPP — Andhra Pradesh Global Innovation Index 2018 Cornell University, INSEAD, WIPO 57th Switzerland Global Speed test Index 2018 Ookla 109th Qatar Public Affairs Index 2018 Public Affair Center, Karnataka — Kerala e-Government Index 2018 United Nations 96th Denmark Global Slavery Index 2018 Walk Free Foundation North Korea has highest concentration of modern day Global Slavery with one in ten in such conditions
Defence, Science and Technology, Books and Authors
Missile which will be inducted soon into the elite strategic forces command. The missile is an intercontinental ballistic missile which has a strike range of 5000km Agni V Supersonic Missile Test Fired from an Integrated Test Range in Chandipur, Odisha BrahMos Supersonic Missile Naval Aircraft of India deployed at Hawaii for the RIMPAC exercise IN P81 Indian Naval Ship which became first ever war ship to enter port of sabang in Indonesia INS Sumitra Indian Naval Ship which participated in the Tall Ship races 2018 held in Sunderland UK INS Tarangini Exercise Pitch Black, in which Indian Airforce is participating for the first time was held in the country Australia Government of India is procuring advanced air defence system from USA at USD 1 billion for protecting New Delhi NASAMS – II
Science and Technology and Environment
As per the International Journal published by Ecological Engineering Climate changing is threatening the existence of which animal Niligiri Tahr – State Animal of Tamilnadu Name of the World’s first medicine made from marijuana Epidiolex Parker Solar Probe of which space agency is getting the revolutionary heat shield “Thermal Protection System” which is scheduled to travel to sun for studying its atmosphere NASA Name of the computer developed which mimics human brain’s neural networks and which will overcome speed and power consumption problems in super computers SpiNNaker First ever 3D color X-ray on a human was performed by scientists of New Zealand Phil and Anthony Butler World’s first remotely operable LEAP microscope inaugurated by which technical institution IIT Madras NASA launched a toolkit to allow users to analyze satellite data for commercial use Remote Sensing Toolkit Satellite to provide broadband access to unreserved and reserved areas will be launched by which IT company Institution which developed an online tool – Treadwill for helping people deal with mental issues. IIT Kanpur China launched high resolution earth observationary satellite for maintaining Belt and Road Initiative Goafen – 11
Books and Authors
Winning like Saurav : Think and Succeed like Ganguly Abhirup Bhattacharya Gandhi: The Years that changed the world (1914-1948) Ramachandra Guha When Coal Turned Gold : The Making of a Maharatna Company Partha Sarathi Bhattacharya
Former Chairman – CIL
Sports Current Affairs July 2018
Name of the Event Winner Place Held 58th National Inter State Senior Athletics Championship — Guwahati, Assam 6 Nation Kabaddi Masters Title India Dubai, UAE Austrian Grand Prix 2018 Racing Max Verstappen Austria Malaysian Open 2018 Badminton Men’s – Lee Chong Wei
Women’s – Tai Tzu Ying
Kaula Lampur, Malaysia Champions Trophy 2018
Australia Netherlands Captain of Women’s Hockey Team for Asian Games Rani Rampal Asian Games 2018 – Jakarta, Indonesia Tbilisi Grand Prix – Wrestling Bajrang Punia Gold Tblisi, Georgia Indian Cricket Player who reached the milestone of reaching more than 500 International matches and also score 10000 runs in ODIs – Mahendra Singh Dhoni FIG Atistic Gymnastics World Cup Dipa Karmakar Mersin, Turkey Capitan of Indian Men’s Hockey Team at Asian Games P R Sreejesh To be held in Jakarta, Indonesia IWF Junior World Weight Lifting Championship Bronze – Jhilli Dalabehera Tashkent, Uzbekisthan Oldest Indian Women to compete in Iron Man Competition Anju Khosla Austria Ranking of India in International Hockey Federation Rankings 5th Australia – 1st IAAF world U-20 championship Gold – Hima Das Tampere, Finland Sotteville Athletics Meet Gold – Neeraj Chopra France ICC ODI rankings Best Batsman
Shakib Al Hassan
Hero Women’s Pro Gold Tour Pranavi Urs Bengaluru Quickest Cricket Player to reach 2000 runs Fakhar Zaman Pakistan World’s most expensive goal keeper Alisson Becker Brazil ATP World Rankings – Tennis Men – Rafael Nadal
Women – Simona Halep
German Grand Prix 2018 Lewis Hamilton Asia Junior Championship – Badminton Gold – Lakshya Sen Jakarta, Indonesia Lagos International Title – Badminton Mannu Attri and Sumeeth Reddy Lagos, Nigeria 15th National Youth Athletics Championship — Vadodara, Gujarat World record of 58 seconds set by swimmer to win 100 m back stroke event Kathleen Baker USA Russian Open 2018 – Badminton Men’s Singles
Sourabh VermaWomen’s Singles
Ho Yen Mei
Yasar Dogu International Wrestling Championship Bajrang Punia and Pinki Istanbul, Turkey International Army Games 2018 — Moscow, Russia 1st Asian teen to swim UK France Channel Prabhat Kohli RBC Canadian Open – Golf Dustin Johnson Oakville, Canada Athletics Savo Games Neeraj Chopra – Gold
Important Days in June
Day of the Month Observed as Observed by Theme for 2018 1st July GST Day Government of India — 7th July International Day of Cooperatives United Nations Sustainable Consumption and Production of Goods and Services 11th July World Population Day United Nations Family Planning is a human right 15th July World Youth Skills Day United Nations —
Kargil Diwas Government of India — 28th July World Hepatitis Day World Health Organization — 29th July International Tiger Day — T X 2 30th July World Day against Trafficking in Persons United Nations
Responding to Trafficking of Children and Young People
Obituaries in July 2018
J G Nadkarni Ex-Navy Chief Admiral Liliane Montevecchi Actress (USA) Kabutari Devi Kumaoni Folk Singer (Uttarakhand) MM Jacob Politician
(Former Meghalaya Governor)
J N Sadhu Journalist (Himachal Pradesh) Dada J P Vaswani Spiritual Leader (Maharashtra) Dr. N N Wig Noted Psychiatrist Kanu Gohain Former Director General of Civil Aviation Kalpesh Yagnik Journalist (Madhya Pradesh) M N Vyasa Rao Poet and Lyricist (Karnataka) Ramchandra Singh Deo Politician (Chhattisgarh) Gopal Das Neeraj Poet and Lyricist (West Bengal) Jonathan Gold Food Critic (Pulitzer Prize Winner) Chiyo Miyako Oldest Person
(Japan –dies at 117 years)
Rampada Chowdhary Writer (West Bengal) John Sankaramangalam Film Director and Producer
Former Director of
Film and Television Institute of India[poll id="1"]