RBI (Reserve Bank of India) conducts RBI Grade-B exam every year for the recruitment of Grade-B level officers. The RBI offers more compensation and perks compared any other like SBI or IBPS recruitment. Most often bank aspirants will claim this as the most toughest banking exam.
- 1 RBI Grade-B 2018 Notification:
- 2 RBI Grade-B Number of Attempts:
- 3 RBI Grade-B 2018 Vacancies:
- 4 RBI Grade-B exam dates 2018:
- 5 RBI Grade-B Syllabus 2018:
- 6 RBI Grade-B Topic Wise Syllabus:
- 6.1 RBI Grade-B Prelims English Syllabus
- 6.2 RBI Grade-B Prelims Reasoning Syllabus
- 6.3 RBI Grade-B Prelims Quantitative Ability Syllabus
- 6.4 RBI Grade-B Prelims General Awareness Syllabus
- 7 RBI Grade-B Phase-II (mains) Exam Pattern:
RBI Grade-B 2018 Notification:
The RBI official notification was released was released on 29th June 2018. While the full detailed notification is yet to be released.
RBI Grade-B Number of Attempts:
For General category, candidates, the RBI has changed the number of attempts from 4 to 6. The Reserved category, students can take any number of times.
RBI Grade-B 2018 Vacancies:
The RBI Grade-B 2018 total vacancies are 166.
|Type of Post||Number of Vacancies|
|General Officers (GR)||127|
|RBI Grade-B DEPR||22|
|RBI Grade-B DSIM||17|
Category wise vacancy not released yet
RBI Grade-B exam dates 2018:
|Starting date for registration||3rd July 2018|
|Notification||28th June 2018|
|Last date for registration (General)||23rd July 2018|
|Last date for registration (DEPR & DSIM)||23rd July 2018|
|Prelims Exam Date (General)||16th August 2018|
|Mains Exam Date (General)||7th September 2018|
|DEPR Paper-I Exam Date||August 2018|
|DEPR Paper-II Exam Date||September 2018|
|DSIM Paper-I Exam Date||August 2018|
|DSIM Paper-II Exam Date||September 2018|
RBI Grade-B Syllabus 2018:
Download RBI Grade-B Syllabus PDF:
You can download the detailed/complete syllabus for the 2018 for RBI grade-B officer exam, using the link below.
RBI Grade-B Prelims (Phase-I) Exam Pattern:
- Each Question carries 1 mark
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks
- and Exam duration is 2 hours.
- No Sectional Time limit
- Sectional Cutoff & Total Cutoff
- Qualifying (Prelims Marks are Not considered in final selection)
|S.No||Subject||No. of Questions|
RBI Grade-B Topic Wise Syllabus:
RBI Grade-B Prelims English Syllabus
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Spotting errors/spellings
- Sentence Correction
- Synonyms/ Homonyms/Antonyms
- Odd sentence out
- Para jumbles and Para completion
- One word Substitution and double fillers
- Fill in the Blanks
RBI Grade-B Prelims – English Topic Weightage
|Topic||No. of Questions|
|Fill in the Blanks||5|
|Para jumbles & Completion||5|
|Error Spotting / Correction||5|
RBI Grade-B Prelims Reasoning Syllabus
- Ranking/ordering Test
- Alphanumeric series
- Number Series
- Critical Thinking
- Coding and decoding
- Logical reasoning
- Einstein’s Puzzle
- Blood relations
- Venn Diagrams
- Seating Arrangement
- Verbal Reasoning
- Coded Inequalities
- Data Sufficiency
RBI Grade-B 2018 Reasoning Topic wise syllabus
|Number Series/Alphabet test||5||Arrangement||5-10|
|Coding / Decoding||5||Puzzles||5-10|
|Syllogism||5||Input & Output||5|
|Ranking test||1-3||Verbal Reasoning||10|
RBI Grade-B Prelims Quantitative Ability Syllabus
- Number System
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Profit, loss and Discount
- Mixture and Allegation
- Time, Distance and Work
- Data Interpretation
- Permutation and Combination
- Simplification & approximation
- Data Sufficiency
RBI Grade-B Quant Topic wise syllabus
|Number System||5||Simple & Compound Interest||1-2|
|Ratio & Proportion||2-3||Averages & Mixtures||1-2|
|Time, Speed, Distance||1-2||Profit & Loss||1-2|
RBI Grade-B Prelims General Awareness Syllabus
- National & International Current Affairs
- Banking & Financial Awareness
- Banking Terms & Definitions
- Economy news
- Static General Awareness (GK)
- National Institutions
- Monetary Plans
Current Affairs of last 3 Months from the date of Notification is very Important
RBI Grade-B Phase-II (mains) Exam Pattern:
- The candidate has to attempt all the papers
- All the papers will be conducted on same day (though in different shifts)
- Paper-I and Paper-III are bilingual (English/Hindi)
- Cutoff in each paper and overall cutoff
|S.No||Test||Type of Test||Max. Marks||Time Limit|
|1||Paper-I Economic & Social Awareness||Objective Test||100||90 min.|
|2||Paper-II English (Writing skills)||Descriptive Test||100||90 min.|
|3||Paper-III Finance & Management||Objective Test||100||90 min.|
RBI Grade-B Phase-II Economic & Social Awareness Syllabus
Growth and Development – Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income – Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India – Sustainable Development and Environmental issues.
Economic Reforms in India – Industrial and Labour Policy – Monetary and Fiscal Policy – Privatization – Role of Economic Planning.
Globalization – Opening up of the Indian Economy – Balance of Payments, Export-Import Policy – International Economic Institutions – IMF and World Bank – WTO – Regional Economic Cooperation.
Social Structure in India – Multiculturalism – Demographic Trends – Urbanization and Migration – Gender Issues – Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged – Social Movements – Indian Political System – Human Development – Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
RBI Grade-B Phase-II Finance & Management Syllabus
1.Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
2.Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions – SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
1 Risk Management in Banking Sector
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
- Changing Landscape of Banking sector
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public Private Partnership
- Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
- The Union Budget – Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM), 9. Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI – components and trends.
Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Directing and Controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organisation.
Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal – Potential appraisal and development – Feedback and Performance Counselling – Career Planning – Training and Development – Rewards – Employee Welfare.
Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.
RBI Grade-B Statistics / Economics Syllabus:
For Candidates who have opted for papers having Statistics or Economics
RBI Grade-B Interview Stage (Phase-III):
The Phase-III is interview for 50 marks. The Questions can be on basic banking, why you wanted to join RBI, About yourself and your profile.
Read important articles from The Hindu from January 2018 related to banking
Scoring 240/300 ( average 80) in all three papers increases chances of selection.