Current Affairs Today 24th March 2018 PDF:
Download today’s current affairs and daily current affairs of March 24th 2018
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
- Government of India has decided to declare 2018 as ‘National Year of Millets’ to boost the cultivation of millets like ragi and jowar on a mission mode to achieve nutritional security
- Indian shooter Elavenil Valarivan shattered the qualification world record in 10-meter women’s air rifle event of the season’s first junior ISSF World Cup in Sydney
- As per the recent report released by TRAI, number of telephone subscribers in India declined from 1,190.67 million at the end of December 2017 to 1,175.01 million at the end of January 2018, a monthly decline rate of 1.32 per cent.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has entered into a technology transfer agreement (TTA) with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) under which it will pass on the technology for the manufacture of space grade Li-Ion cells. ISRO is getting ready to launch the GSAT-6A, a high-power S-band communication satellite on March 29.
- India’s largest Commodity exchange MCX has launched World’s first Brass futures contracts
- World Meteorological Day is observed every year by United Nations on 23-March-2018. This year’s theme is Weather-Ready, Climate-Smart.
- Department of Atomic Energy has developed a device to measure Uranium traces in Water. The instrument called fluorimeter is developed by Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology, DAE Unit Indore
- Tata Steel announced that it is going to acquire Bhushan Steel in an insolvency Auction subject to obtaining necessary regulatory approvals, including approvals from NCLT and Competition Commission of India
- As per the recent report from International Energy Agency Head Quartered at Paris, Global energy-related carbon emissions rose to a historic high of 32.5 gigatons last year, after three years of being flat, due to higher energy demand and the slowing of energy efficiency improvements. Asian countries accounted for two thirds of the global increase in emissions. China’s emissions rose by 1.7 percent to 9.1 gigatons, limited by renewables deployment and more rapid switching to gas from coal
- India’s first ever sign language dictionary containing over 3000 Hindi and English Words has been released by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, the dictionary has been developed by Sign Language Research and Training Center
- The two-day first National Conference on Drug Law Enforcement has been inaugurated by Minister of State for Home Affairs Hansraj Gangaram Ahir
- Changi Airport of Singapore has been named as the World’s Best Airport at the Skytrax World Airport Awards dubbed as OSCARS of the aviation Industry held in Stockholm recently.