Current Affairs Today 23th March 2018 PDF
Download today’s current affairs and daily current affairs of March 23rd 2018
Download Current affairs 2018 PDF
Download Static GK Capsule PDF
- Supersonic Cruise Missile Brahmos successfully flight-tested for the first time with an Indigenous seeker which was earlier being used from Russia at the Pokhran Test Range Rajasthan
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three day Bihar Diwas Celebrations in Patna to commemorate the 106th Foundation day of Bihar. Bihar State was carved out of united Bengal in 1912
- I&B Minister Smriti Irani launches free wi-fi service in Udwada village of Gujarat’s Valsad district. BSNL will be the service Provider. The village was adopted by Smriti Irani
- Parliament has passed a key bill – Payment of Gratuity Bill that will empower the government to fix the amount of tax free gratuity and the period of maternity leave with an executive order. Doubled ceiling of Tax free withdrawl to 20 Lakhs
- President of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier has arrived New Delhi on a five-day visit to India.
- World Water Day is observed every year by United Nations on March – 22.
- Union Cabinet chaired by PM Narendra Modi has recently approved launch of National Health Protection Mission –Ayushman Bharat. The Scheme has the benefit cover of 5 lakh rupees per family per year. The target beneficiaries under the scheme will be over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families. The scheme will subsume the ongoing centrally sponsored schemes- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana and senior citizen health insurance scheme.
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has introduced billing through Point of Sale (POS) hand-held machines in trains to check overcharging by vendors.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan unveiled a unified mobile app at the Global Digital Summit held in Kochi that will help the state’s citizens to escape the bureaucratic hassles and utilize government services effectively