Last-minute Tips And Exam Strategy for the CMAT 2022
Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) 2022 will be held on April 9th. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting the CMAT-2022 exam. The CMAT score is accepted by all the AICTE- Approved Institutions / University Departments / Constituent Colleges / Affiliated Colleges. The exam will be conducted in only one shift from 03:00 P.M. to 06:00 P.M. In this article, we will provide some last-minute tips for the candidates to crack the CMAT 2022 exam.
|Exam date||9th April 2022|
|Admit card available||Any time soon|
|Shift and Timing of Examination||03:00 P.M. to 06:00 P.M.|
The admit card was supposed to be out on the 4th of April. But now it is expected to be released anytime soon. Candidates are advised to check out the official website regularly to get updates about the CMAT 2022 admit cards. We will inform you immediately if the admit cards are released.
CMAT 2022 Exam Pattern
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretations||20||80|
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship||20||80|
The duration of the examination is 180 minutes, i.e., 3 hours, and this year the examination is going to be conducted in only one shift. And the timings of the examination are 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Revise essential concepts: There are very few days left for the exam, candidates should ideally focus on the revision of concepts and going through mistakes done in mock tests. Mostly focus on your strong areas during revision. Do not spend time learning new concepts because it might take more time to learn new topics, which is not recommended. Also, learning new concepts may lead to extreme stress, which may cause lose your confidence level.
- For the ones who have completed the syllabus, Revise the essential concepts in these remaining days, go through the previous papers, and most importantly, take the CMAT mock tests. For those who have not finished the syllabus yet, the first point to keep in mind is not to panic. It’s important not to panic, as that’s what makes all the difference in the exam.
- We have made these revision videos for quant. Do watch these excellent videos, these are a good source of revision. Also solve the previous year’s papers for the exam, to have a better understanding of the type of questions asked in the exam. Apart from this, it’s extremely important to take the mock tests and analyse them thoroughly.
- Mock tests: It’s very essential to take Mock tests and analyse them thoroughly. You can utilize our cmat free mock test on our website. Go through your mistakes during the mocks and revise all the essential concepts, to make your strategy. Focus on time management during the mocks and also on building your time managing strategy during the exam.
- The MBA colleges accepting the CMAT scores usually don’t have any sectional cutoffs, but if you aiming for a 99%ile then you must score well in all the sections. (a few colleges may have sectional cutoffs, candidates are advised to check with the respective colleges and plan the exam strategy accordingly).
In this section, the topics majorly include- Reading comprehension, Para jumbles, Antonym/synonyms, Sentence completion, Idioms and Phrases, Grammar-based questions etc. The questions are of moderate difficulty level.
It will help if you are well versed with the Reading Comprehension passages. Take mock tests and analyse your scores and strategise accordingly. Practice language ability questions based on grammar, vocabulary, Antonym/synonyms, Sentence completion, etc., in the last few days before the exam.
Here, the major topics include Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Others (basic P&C, Probability etc). The questions are of moderate difficulty level. One can easily score well in this section if one’s fundamentals are clear. Candidates should revise the important formulas thoroughly in these last few days before the exam. Practice and revise basic speed math calculations, as it also helps to learn tables up to 25, squares till 50 and cubes till 30.
The DI Topics in this section include simple caselets, tables, charts etc. The trick here is to represent the data in an organised manner, which saves time during the calculation.
Watch this excellent video to revise essential concepts in Quant for the CMAT exam.
The topics here include- Statement and argument, statement and conclusion, statement and assumptions, arrangements, blood relation, coding-decoding, number series, analogies etc. The questions are of easy-moderate difficulty level.
This is a scoring section of the exam. So, one should definitely not miss out on this section. During practice, solve a variety of problems to get acquainted with this section. Revise essential concepts, take mocks and practice from previous papers (practice around 15-20 sums from this section every day, from a variety of topics that come in the exam).
Download CMAT previous papers mobile app
General Awareness section
Here the topics are wide-ranging and they include, Static GK and Current GK. Topics like – Recent government schemes, International affairs, History, Geography, Sports, Politics, Awards, Books & Authors, Arts & Culture etc – are tested. The questions are of moderate difficulty level.
This is a deciding section in the exam, and hence Aspirants cannot ignore this section. Candidates who read the newspaper editorials (The Hindu, Indian Express, etc.), and the current affairs regularly will perform well in this section. Using the CMAT preparation material pdf to prepare for the CMAT 2022 will be highly advantageous during your preparation.
Also, you can check out the excellent video of the top-500 GK Questions given below. These questions include a good mix of Static GK and Dynamic GK (Current Affairs), and the questions are taken from a wide range of topics. We have covered the questions from many important topics.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship section
This is the new section in the latest exam pattern. The Innovation & Entrepreneurship section has been made compulsory in the CMAT 2022 exam. Based on the analysis of the previous year’s paper of CMAT, questions were asked from three broad categories:
- Business GK / Awareness (latest business news, famous personalities in this field, M&A’s, Govt. Schemes and Policies related to business & startups, etc.)
- Terminology related to Innovation & Entrepreneurship (startups, unicorns, angel investing, bootstrapping etc.).
- A passage based on Innovation & Entrepreneurship was given, and questions were asked based on that.
Keep yourself updated with the recent events in the business and startup world and the key terms related to innovation & entrepreneurship. Do take a Free CMAT Mock (in the latest CMAT pattern) to familiarise yourself with this new pattern. So there is no particular syllabus for this section. We recommend that the aspirants be familiarised with the important terms in this section. Read the article to know about the important key terms of innovation and entrepreneurship in detail. You can also check out this excellent live video by Sayali mam given below that covers all topics in this section in these few days.
Strategy During the Exam
- Having a proper exam taking strategy in place helps save a lot of time. Having the right strategy in place enables you to understand which sections to attempt first, time management during the exam, type of questions to attempt in each section. Analyse previous mocks and see the time spent per question and plan your strategy.
- Attempt Strategy: We recommend the candidates start with the GK section because you can easily decide the question to attempt or not in this section.
- First, make sure to attempt all the easy questions and familiar questions. Once that is done, focus on attempting the moderate difficulty level questions. Also, since there is negative marking in the exam, candidates must avoid guessing questions during the exam.
- Maintain the right balance between speed and accuracy. A proper balance between speed and accuracy is essential, there’s no point in attempting more questions inaccurately, as there’s negative marking in the exam.
And finally, as mentioned above remember that it’s important not to panic. Our concentration is usually at a peak during the last few days before the exam. And hence, it’s essential to make the most of these remaining days. It is very important not to get overly stressed by the exam pressure.
If you can follow these last-minute tips for the CMAT exam, and take the exam with a peaceful mind, you will ace the CMAT exam.
Thank you and All The Best
Candidates can Join our Telegram group of MBA aspirants for quick and regular exam updates.