Percentages Questions for SBI Clerk Bank Exam

0
8155
Percentages Questions for SBI Clerk Bank Exam
Percentages Questions for SBI Clerk Bank Exam

Percentages Questions for SBI Clerk Bank Exam:

Averages and percentages is important topic for all competitive exams. percentages is very basic topic and these percentage problems given below, will help you to learn and understand the various important questions on percentages that are frequently asked in banking exams.

Download Percentages Questions for SBI Clerk Bank Exam

75 SBI Clerk Mocks & Sectionals – Rs. 360

Download all SBI Clerk questions and Answers PDF 

For more questions visit SBI Clerk Previous question papers (solved)

Question 1: Sushil got 103 marks in Hindi, 111 marks in Science, 98 marks in Sanskrit. 110 marks in Maths and 88 marks in English. If the maximum marks of each subject are equal and if Sushil scored 85 percent marks in all the subjects together, what is the maximum mark of each subject ?

a) 110
b) 120
c) 115
d) 100
e) None of these

Question 2: In an examination the maximum aggregate marks that a student can get are 1020. In order to pass the exam a student is required to get 663 marks out of the aggregate marks. Shreya got 612 marks. By what percent did Shreva fail in the exam ?

a) 5
b) 8
c) 7
d) Cannot he determined
e) None of these

Question 3: The average height of 21 girls was recorded as 148 cms. The teacher’s height was added and the average increased by one. What was the teacher’s height?

a) 116 cms.
b) 138 cms.
c) 170 cms
d) 162 cms.
e) None of these

Question 4: If a certain sum of money is distributed among 43 people. each one gets Rs. 221 and Rs. 83 is left. What is the total amount ?

a) Rs.9,480
b) Rs.9,586
c) Rs.9,408
d) Rs.8,648
e) None of these

Question 5: The sum of five consecutive even numbers is 400. What is the hall of the sum of the smallest number and the largest number of the set ‘?

a) 80
b) 81
c) 79
d) 82
e) None of these

SBI Clerk Previous question Papers

SBI Clerk expected Cutoff 2018

Question 6: 37% of a number is 114.7. What is 130% of that number ?

a) 406
b) 405
c) 403
d) 407
e) None of these

Question 7: The cost of 14 keyboards and 8 mouse-pads is Rs. 26.240. What is the cost of 35 keyboards and 20 mouse-pads ?

a) Rs. 65,600
b) Rs. 58,800
c) Rs. 76,550
d) Cannot be determined
e) None of these

Question 8: Surf gave 25% of her monthly salary to her mother. From the remaining salary, she paid 15% towards rent and 25%, she kept aside for her monthly expenses. The remaining amount she kept in bank account. The sum of the amount she kept in bank and that she gave to her mother was Rs.42,000/-. What was her monthly salary ?

a) Rs.50,000/-
b) Rs.60,000/-
c) Rs.65,000/-
d) Rs.64,000/-
e) Rs.72,000/-

Question 9: A number is such that when it is multiplied by 6, it gives another number which is more than 168 as the original number itself is less than 168. What is 15% of the original number ?

a) 8.4
b) 7.8
c) 6.6
d) 8.8
e) 7.2

Question 10: Dhruva gave 35% of her monthly salary to her mother. From the remaining salary, she paid 18% towards rent and 42% she kept aside for her monthly expenses. The remaining amount she kept in bank account. The sum of the amount she kept in bank and that she gave to her mother was Rs.43,920/ . What was her monthly salary ?

a) Rs.80,000
b) Rs.75,000
c) Rs.64,000
d) Rs.76,000
e) Rs.72,000

Take a Free SBI Clerk Mock test

Solutions for Percentages Questions for Bank Exams:

Solutions:

1) Answer (B)

Total marks scored by sushil=103+111+98+110+88=510
Let total max. Marks be x.
Now, it is given that, 85% of x=total marks scored by sushil
I.e, 0.85*x=510
Therefore, x=510*100/85
x=600
This is for 5 subjects altogether.
Therefore, max. Marks for one subject = 600/5 =120 marks.
Option B is the right answer.

2) Answer (A)

Passing percentage=663/1020*100=65%
Shreya percentage=612/1020*100=60%
Therefore she failed by 5%

3) Answer (C)

Total height of girls=21*148=3108
After teacher’s height is included, No. Of persons =22
Average height=148+1=149
Total height=22*149=3278
Teacher’s height = 3278-3108 = 170cms.
Option C is the right answer.

4) Answer (B)

Given that each one of the 43 member gets 221 rupees. so, 221*43 = 9503 . But still 83 is left over. So, 9503 + 83 = 9586

5) Answer (A)

Let the numbers be of form
2a-4, 2a-2, 2a, 2a+2, 2a+4
given, 10a=400
Thus 2a=80
So, 2a-4 +2a+4 $$\div$$ 2=80

SBI Clerk Free Practice Questions

6) Answer (C)

let the number be a
0.37xa= 114.7
a= 310
Now 1.30xa= 1.3×310= 403

7) Answer (A)

Cost of 14 keyboards + Cost of 8 mouse-pads = Rs. 26,240
Multiply both sides by 2.5,
Cost of 35 keyboards + Cost of 20 mouse-pads = $$26,240\times2.5$$.
= Rs. 65,600.
Hence, Option A is correct.

8) Answer (B)

Surf gave 25% of her monthly salary to her mother.Remaining is 75%
15% of 75% was given for rent and 25% of 75% was kept for monthly expenses.
Remaining 60% of 75% was put in Bank account.
% of his monthly salary and 40% of remaining 65% of his monthly salary = 43290
Let his monthly salary be Rs.X
25% of X + 60% of 75% of X =42,000
0.25 X + 0.45 X =42,000
0.70 X = 42,000
X = 42,000 / 0.7 =60,000
Option B is the nearest answer.

9) Answer (E)

Let the unknown number be x.
Given 6x-168 = 168-x
7x = 336
x=48
15 % of 48 = 0.15 x 48 =7.2
Option E is the correct answer.

10) Answer (E)

Dhruva gave 35% of her monthly salary to her mother.Remaining is 65%
18% of 65% was given for rent and 42% of 65% was kept for monthly expenses.
Remaining 40% of 65% was put in Bank account.
35% of his monthly salary and 40% of remaining 65% of his monthly salary = 43290
Let his monthly salary be Rs.X
35% of X + 40% of 65% of X =43290
0.35 X + 0.26 X =43290
0.61 X = 43290
X = 43290 / 0.61 $$\approx$$ 71000
Option E is the nearest answer.

SBI Clerk Daily practice tests

SBI Clerk Free Mock Test

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here