SSC CGL 2020 Notification:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
Hai Friends here Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is going to released a recruitment notification of No of vacancies for Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGL) Posts. Today we are going to give the complete details of the SSC CGL 2020 Notification.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 Important Dates:
|Starting Date of Online Application||22-10-2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online||25-11-2019|
|Last date to pay fees||27-11-2019 (5 p.m)|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Date||02-03-2020 to 11-03-2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Date||22-06-2020 to 25-06-2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Date||22-06-2020 to 25-06-2020|
|SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Date (Skill Test)||Not out|
SSC CGL Notification 2020 Vacancy details:
Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020 (CGL)
Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)
Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)
Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300)
Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL 2020-21:
As on 01-01-2020
Minimum – 18 Years
Maximum – 30 Years
|PH + SC/ST||15 Years|
|PH OBC||13 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (General)||3 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 Years|
|Divorced Woman(General Category)||Upto 35 Years|
It depends on the posts, See notification for further details.
Should have passed Graduate or equivalent from a recognized university.
For specific posts, you may need to fulfill the required conditions.
|Compiler||Bachelor degree having statistics/mathematics/economics as of the Subject|
|Statistical Investigator (Grade- 2)||Bachelor degree having statistics as main subject (Or)
Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics or Economics or Commerce (as statistics as one of the subject in any year)
|Assistant Audit officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||MBA (Finance/Economics/Commerce) or CA or as per specified in the notification.|
Selection Process for SSC CGL Recruitment:
Selection of candidates will be made on the basis of the Written Test & Skill Test.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Tier-I, each Paper of Tier-II and Tier-III Examination are as follows:
UR : 30%
OBC/ EWS : 25%
Others : 20%
- Based on the marks scored in Tier-I i.e. Computer Based Examination, candidates will be shortlisted, category-wise, to appear in Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations.
- Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer) and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I. In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
- Based on the aggregate performance in Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations, candidates will be shortlisted for evaluation of Tier-III Examination.
- The candidates who are not qualified in Tier-II will not be eligible for evaluation of Tier-III and they will not be considered for further selection process.
- Based on the aggregate performance of qualified candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations, candidates will be shortlisted to appear in Document Verification and Skill Tests i.e. Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) and Data Entry Skill Test (DEST).
- Skill Tests where prescribed are mandatory but qualifying in nature. If a candidate does not appear in Skill Test or fails to qualify the Skill Test, he/ she will not be eligible for the posts where CPT/ DEST are mandatory.
|Gen/OBC||100||Online mode using Net-banking/Credit & Debit Cards|
SSC CGL Exam Pattern:
SSC CGL Tier-1 exam pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|A. General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50||60 Minutes
(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe
|B. General Awareness||25||50|
|C. Quantitative Aptitude||25||50|
|D. English Comprehension||25||50|
SSC CGL Tier-2 exam pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allowed|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes (for each Paper)
(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
- Tier-I and Tier-II will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension in Tier-I and Paper-II in Tier-II.
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-III of Tier-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Statistical Investigator Grade-II in the office of Registrar General, India (M/o Home Affairs) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Tier-3:
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi
(Writing of Essay/ Precis/ Letter/ Application etc.)
(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates who are allowed use of scribe as per Para-7.1 and 7.2)
The Paper in Tier-III will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and part in English will be awarded zero marks.
SSC CGL Tier-4:
In the Tier-IV, Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted.
How to Apply Online for SSC CGL 2020 Notification:
Please apply online for the SSC Vacancy by visiting the official website ssc.nic.in.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 Notification PDF Download:
Download the official notification for the Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGL) posts through the link below.